Sign in to follow this  
Bigsmith

Bees

Where is the Bees ?  Has any one saw the bees? I found them on the test server.   I really looked for 6 hours.

we have nests but no bees inside them - someone who has the secrets of the bee msg me :(

s3yi9wC.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

I am glad to hear that these wild bee hives are rather uncommon as I really don't want to be getting stung while out picking sprouts, or even cutting down trees for some skill to then replant the area with sprouts once again. Maybe they will just take a bit of time to spawn in the existing hives though.

=Ayes=

First wild hive that I found when checking it the next day, someone placed a hive next to mine;

1hhWB1s.jpg?1

The wild hive was gone, my hive, .6ql better than the one sitting next to it was shaking away!

odl6pPk.jpg?1

Interesting to note, the ql of the bees wax/honey from your hive match's the ql of the hive. Will be interesting to see how my rare hive does if it is successful in attracting a queen.

I am curious to know if a domestic hive could produce a second queen and if a higher ql hive nearby could steal a queen.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

I am glad to hear that these wild bee hives are rather uncommon as I really don't want to be getting stung while out picking sprouts, or even cutting down trees for some skill to then replant the area with sprouts once again. Maybe they will just take a bit of time to spawn in the existing hives though.

=Ayes=

You can't get stung unless you open it or try to move it, according to the guide linked by Tuga.

• Like 1

Thanks for link Tuga. Wow! The details added to the game for the new Cooking update are mind boggling, in a good way.

As per bee stings:

"Bees will not sting passers by; it is necessary to try to open a wild hive or move an active domestic one to be stung. Wild hives will also sting players attempting to cut down their tree, unless an active smoker is carried. Cutting down a tree with a wild hive will destroy the hive."

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I tell you what, those bee's sting pretty good, hehe, think it was a poison wound too.

I think that while we all want to see bees right now (I for one searched for a hive already), I am glad they are not that common. It's possible that with time they will spread more, but I like the fact that bee hives are not found left and right. It takes a bit of looking and may require a few days or more to finally get your own bee hive, but the sense of accomplishment will be greater. Of course, that's only my opinion and I for one can't wait to get a bee hive msyelf :)

• Like 1

40b05a5871.jpg

I wasn't even looking for them and I found one in like 20 minutes of logging in after the update.

They seem decently abundant on Chaos so far. I've found 4, and know about 3 more so far.

I think with time there'll be more too, maybe at the beginning of Spring instead of halfway through.

• Like 1

This is a good point. Aren't they supposed to show up at the beginning of spring?

Can't something be said about the spawning rate/spreading of these wild hives? Something official perhaps by Retro?

Like:

• * How many tiles around a building is a spawn-dead-zone?
  • * How many tiles around a deed is a spwan-dead-zone?
  • * Does very high tree density lower chances of them spawning?
  • * Do lots of fruit trees in an area stop wild hives from spawning at the random non-fruit tree in the same area?
  • * Do they keep away from water/sand/marsh for a certain tile radius?
  • * Do they spawn at a low rate in spring and peek in summer? And if so, how much spawned hives are we talking about? (for a big server like Inde)
  • * Is the amount of hives tied to the size of the server, or do, for example, 1000 hives spawn regardless of serversize?
  • * Do wild hives create a spawn-dead-zone for other hives to appear closeby? (and what radius does this cancel out?)
  • * Is there a height limit above which hives dont spawn?
  • * Do domestic hives with a queen in them survive server crossing?

I've been riding around in independence-semi-wilderness (far from any building, 85% of the time in non-fruit tree areas) for 9 hours together, traveling over 60km (on horse) and the only hive I 've seen is the one a friend found not to far from his deed...

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I tell you what, those bee's sting pretty good, hehe, think it was a poison wound too.

I have found that those smokers function very well to prevent bee stings. You just light them in your inventory and then they slowly emit smoke to prevent agitating the bees to sting. Not really that hard to create either, other than needing to get one piece of low QL leather from a Leatherworker.

I did find a hive in a tree not far from my deed. So I made a bee hive of about 60 QL and planted on tile next to it but they don't migrate into it for some extended period of time yet to be known. Yea, a lot of unanswered specifics thus far. Nice feature overall though.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lycanthropic said:

How many tiles around a deed is a spawn-dead-zone?

The first wild hive I found was on a neighbour's deed - so not sure there is a dead zone

Yes they do. I was looking for them in wild then a hive spawned right within my villlage walls.

• Like 1

My first domestic hive had a successful split today, so now up to 2 domestic hives with bee's.

Anyone hear how big of an area of flowers is needed, and if having multiple hives requires an even bigger area, or do they need to be kept apart. The details are fairly vague in the google docs.

My second wild hive is nearing a week with no success of stealing off the queen.

Would be nice to know how much honey can be left inside a hive as well.

• Like 1

Also it says in manual that wild bees should migrate to domestic hive as long it is higher ql than wild one, but I had my emty hives sitting for days and nothing happens

I've had zero luck getting queen from wild hives to move into a domestic.

Edited by Niki

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

My first domestic hive had a successful split today, so now up to 2 domestic hives with bee's.

I don't know what your magic is but myself and many others have had no success in having wild bees migrating into our domestic hives of higher quality.

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

My second wild hive is nearing a week with no success of stealing off the queen.

This seems more the norm for most players. A week with them not moving into the domestic hive has passed for me as well. Wild hive is about 40 QL and one I placed next to it is 60+ QL. What's going on here Devs?

=Ayes=

I have also placed a domestic hive near a wild one. The queen hasnt moved after two RL days. I shall wait and see what happens. 

Exiting, this game is. :D