Sign in to follow this  
Bigsmith

Bees

Note that as we come into winter, production of honey and wax will drop.  This is by design.

Sugar should not count towards honey levels for the purposes of spawning a new queen.

1 hour ago, Pandalet said:

Note that as we come into winter, production of honey and wax will drop.  This is by design.

I realize that but the hives in the 5x5 have a significantly reduced production.

Sugar should not count towards honey levels for the purposes of spawning a new queen.

So it is a bug then that the hive spawned a second with less than 1kg of honey?

Edited by JakeRivers

On 12/11/2016 at 5:19 PM, Retrograde said:

intended.

Remember, it also works like altars, the further away it is, the lower effective ql it will be(e).

Planting a 90ql hive next to a 40ql hive will take the queen, but planting it ten tiles away will likely not.

That's how it is at this point anyways, though I have already raised allowing locks to prevent this.

Making it impossible to "steal" queens sound like a good idea.

BUT shouldnt it also be awarded extra yeald if the tile the hive "cover" are on deed. Something by a factor of say 1.5x or even 2x more yeald ? Atleast i think it should be awarded paying upkeep for tiles that the hive use... 

ALSO placing a hive inside a donout house should limit the yeald from tiles outside the house by a factor of say 0.5x, "abusing" the system should never be awarded.

Edited by Daash

3 minutes ago, Daash said:

BUT shouldnt it also be awarded extra yeald if the tile the hive "cover" are on deed. Something by a factor of say 1.5x or even 2x more yeald ? Atleast i think it should be awarded paying upkeep for tiles that the hive use... 

It could be tied with the vague "productivity bonus" a village has (unless that already influeces the honey/wax production in some way, but looking at my 3 hives on deed, with 4% deed productivity bonus, I'm getting less honey then wildhives XD, I still havent replaced my big flowerfield with crops and trees, so the flowers must still be bugged somehow).

Perhaps add another "Faith bonus" beside CR/healing/enchanting/war damage, you could call it "Nature" and saccing crops/sprouts/grass/whatnot could increase it and increase deed-wide production of beehives for one (crops, cattle, havrestable trees, farms could benefit to).

40 minutes ago, Daash said:

I see no reason why deeded/undeeded land should make a difference in production. It should be the exact same either way. If you feel the necessity to deed the land your hives are on, that's your prerogative.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Budzilla said:

I see no reason why deeded/undeeded land should make a difference in production. It should be the exact same either way. If you feel the necessity to deed the land your hives are on, that's your prerogative.

Agreed, you can plant your hive and attach a lock. With Permissions assign who can gather from your hives. Plus a higher Q hive has a bigger area that it services... so if you really want to get into bee's you need a big area of land to get enough material to expand and cook/brew with

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 8:30 PM, JakeRivers said:

This is about what I have noticed and am not happy about, I was planning on 100 or more hives,the area requirement based on your figures is insane.

Why can the hives not 'share' the same flowers.

If you wanted to have optimal honey production for 25-90ql hives you would have to have a deed of flowers 100x100.

i just want to point out sometimes (yes i realize its a game) people try to go for a touch of realalistic in games and if the flowers are allready being sucked dray from 1 set of bees how can the other set get anything

Best way to work this system is to put out 40 some hives and don't check them for 6 months. 8)

• Like 1