Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Iam a Warrior, not a Masterchief !

Dear Devs,

as the Title says, I not wanna cook. I wanna FIGHT !

So pls guys can you give us "ASAP" a good Shield Training back ! Atm I need an hour for getting 0.01 in Large Shield, and its dont matter what mob I fighting and what Ql the shield has. To fight a troll with 1ql Shield makes really no sense!

You guys very quick by the hand to nerf things. But it takes weeks and months to get it patch back. If you not able to do this right now. Pls give us the old way of Shield training back. Dont forget we all are paying Costumers. We keep this game alive, not you !!!!!!! So pls listen to the Costumers, like in every other "Industy branch".

Pls fix things asap.............................................

Thank you

Rocky

• Like 5

you don't have to cook.

Post logs of combat, both combat logs and skillgain logs. We need data if we're taking feedback.

P.S. Old shield training wasnt good either. Be sure to fight in defensive mode though, and also vary your shield ql.

• Like 1

I've noticed quite a bit better shield skillgain increase since the update; it's better than the old method.  I'm really not sure what you're doing different but a high quality shield works fine when out hunting for shield skillgain.

• Like 1

Shield skillgain is also increased with the amount of damage your shield blocks - so if you're training against tiny things like rats and cats, you're not going to gain much. Go try a troll out.

• Like 2

I went out and fought trolls,rats,bears and spiders in def mode with a 49~ql shield, 89coc on it. Skill gain does appear to be much better then before the patch. As it's been a few months I would have to go back and check just how much better for actual rates and then I'd be giving away combat stats ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Budda said:

Shield skillgain is also increased with the amount of damage your shield blocks - so if you're training against tiny things like rats and cats, you're not going to gain much. Go try a troll out.

Did you make any changes to the damage shields take? I keep finding my shield at 10-20dmg from fights that would normally not put that much damage on it.

• Like 2

My part as a costumer is to: "Have fun"

Your part is to: "Have the work"

by the highlesty respect:

Iam not here to do your work and collect some "data".

Iam not the only guys who is saying Shield training gain is unacceptable atm. And i really dont understand why you guys dont put the shield gain so high like weapon grinding??? We need new player! and new player would love the shield grinding like weapon grinding.

I really tried so much Mobs out, Trolls, Spieder, Crocs and so on and so on. The Skill tick is a joke atm.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

My part as a costumer is to: "Have fun"

Your part is to: "Have the work"

by the highlesty respect:

Iam not here to do your work and collect some "data".

Iam not the only guys who is saying Shield training gain is unacceptable atm. And i really dont understand why you guys dont put the shield gain so high like weapon grinding??? We need new player! and new player would love the shield grinding like weapon grinding.

I really tried so much Mobs out, Trolls, Spieder, Crocs and so on and so on. The Skill tick is a joke atm.

Multiple people have told me otherwise, and that ticks are better now than before. Forgive me for not immediately taking your word over multiple others who have had different results to you.

• Like 2

then pls tell me how i get the highst skill grain in Large metall Shield.

what quality shield are you using? the higher the better from my hunting experience since the update

1 minute ago, Lisabet said:

what quality shield are you using? the higher the better from my hunting experience since the update

I tried many Shields out. And its not an answer of my question.

If you guys know, from getting told an "otherwise way" from Multiple people, then pls tell me what is the best way. 

Shieldtraining is great.

Use a low QL high CoC skiller shield and youll be fine. I know personally i'm getting higher gains than i ever received before. I noticed i tend to get the most gains from Trolls. (or atleast i've noticed the best gains using a skiller shield compared to a high ql one, but i haven't tested too much.)

I havent tested it enough to see how it scales at all levels either, but, for the shields im currently training at their current levels, it's downright awesome! Its a very noticable difference for me too as I hunt religiously considering its the easiest way to raise stats too.

Edited by Propheteer

2016-11-21 Shields: 67.04484. Medium metal shield: 50.71902, Shield bashing: 52.488495

Today: Shields: 67,45 , Medium metal shield: 52,85, Shield bashing 52,72

This low of time hunting, trolls , bull, black wolf pigs

No enchants ql 60 down to 37 medium metal shield.

All i can say it looks like shield bash have changed for me.

The rest is way better

Edit: After 1 troll medium metal shield ql 37, Shields 0,025 , medium metal shield 0,080, shield bash 0,002

Edited by moogien

5db34e895e3c4aebbdf508eebdf5fc98.png

7 minutes of consistent training, virtually zero down time for this (this won't be the correct skill values for everyone because you don't often have zero downtime)

against medium level opponents on epic, crocs scorps hell scorps, 96botd 30ql shield w/o sleep bonus (i was getting less with higher ql and lower ql shields, i tested it too)

this is with lvl 11 knowledge bonus, 56 total blocks and 13 skill gains

prior to this patch I could train on a horse afk for 20 minutes at a time and gain .37 lms per hour

trolls absolutely wreck me and I cant train against them consistently (epic)

is it a little better? yeah, at least at my level, its barely better. but I was pretty sure it was going to be brought up to weapon level gains and this is still not close (unless you're weapon training on armored creatures like a dingdong)

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

5db34e895e3c4aebbdf508eebdf5fc98.png

7 minutes of consistent training, virtually zero down time for this (this won't be the correct skill values for everyone because you don't often have zero downtime)

against medium level opponents on epic, crocs scorps hell scorps, 96botd 30ql shield w/o sleep bonus (i was getting less with higher ql and lower ql shields, i tested it too)

this is with lvl 11 knowledge bonus, 56 total blocks and 13 skill gains

prior to this patch I could train on a horse afk for 20 minutes at a time and gain .37 lms per hour

trolls absolutely wreck me and I cant train against them consistently (epic)

is it a little better? yeah, at least at my level, its barely better. but I was pretty sure it was going to be brought up to weapon level gains and this is still not close (unless you're weapon training on armored creatures like a dingdong)

It seems pretty similar to me, in terms of shield gains and weapon gains, but it really depends on what im killing.

I noticed in some areas where i mopped up swathes of horses i got almost nothing compared to my weaponskill.

Edited by Propheteer

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Dont forget we all are paying Costumers. We keep this game alive, not you !!!!!!! So pls listen to the Costumers, like in every other "Industy branch".

Ahem, I suspect that Dev team also kind of keeps this game alive by bringing new stuff to us "customers", helping us with situations, actually listening to us (like with the nahjo and libila changes), fixing problems as much as they can. So a little bit appreciation would be needed, not the posts like these demanding things using childish types of saying things. You'll get much better attention to your cause when you ask nicely about it and explain the reasons. I'd see Wurmian community a little different from other gaming companies or communities, as we all put some effort to make the game better (like updating wurmpedia with new stuff, reporting bugs and giving the devs details about it, asking if some action in game is intended or maybe a bug etc). And not just simply cry out for better stuff and wait for it to come.

• Like 2

when i shield bash b.bear i gain around 0.004 lms skill but when i sheild bash troll i get 0.015 :D

try fight with stronger animals :)

but you could find food that bring you temporal affinity to shield bashing (?)

3 hours ago, tamat said:

but you could find food that bring you temporal affinity to shield bashing (?)

Shieldbashing shouldn't even be attempted to be raised by hunting TBH.

It is awfully slow, even with four affinities. To anyone that wants to do that, i highly recommend getting an enemy kingdom alt and bashing it for 15 minutes a day on SB.

• Like 1

Old system took me 3.5 days per shield and I got every shield to 70 on one account, and a few shields up to 70 on other accounts.  haven't tried new system because I quit but this should give some perspective 

• Like 1

I tried again 1QL 95Botd Large Metall Shield.      Its really makes no sense. I cannt fight Troll, crocs or some Hell Hounds. bc the shield would be destroy before the fight is over. Okay the Skillgrinding is now better with 0.1 per hour. But for me way to slow. that means I need 50 hours to get from 85 to 90. In this time i grind a whole weapon skill to 90.

I really dont understand why it is so a problem to bring Shield training up, like Weapon Training.

For weapon training i need a high ql weapon for best skillgain. why not the same with shields?

The old shield training was much better and the best.

We really dont need new stuff on epic........... all we need is new player. so make it easyer for new player and push shield training higher.

do you have to fight in defensive mode to get these skill ticks ?