Sign in to follow this  
Drpox

Citadel--autorenewing even after you have canceled your service

Hello anyone interested in these scammers,

I had canceled my service a while ago when my server went defunct.   They have chosen to auto renew my server contract despite the cancelation and have charged me fees.  They refuse to refund it since they aren't a US company.  DO NOT USE these people.  They are only looking at stealing your money while not providing decent customer service.  Their DDOS "protection" has been utter and complete crap.  That's my opinion and I am spreading it to anyone that chooses to listen to it.

• Like 3

I have no problems here and i am a customer since 1 year

all servers are running perfect and the support is ok for me

If you have no own dedicated server, this is the best WU hoster for me

Eject

Also had zero problems with Citadel Servers. Been using them now since 2015. Very helpful, cancelled 1 server as we did not need it, no problems at all, cancelled it, no further payments were taken for that server.

We still have a WU server and a Mumble server with them.

We would recommend them to people for certain.

Valiance and Kaylie.

• Like 1

Hey, i have been using them for over a year now, no problems with hosting or billing, guys are really helpful, are you sure you cancelled your server in their system? I had to adjust my server for an upgrade i did (Change of cost) and it auto-cancelled the paypal subscription and created a new one for adjusted amount, also i had a few bad people on myself who decided to ddos but it help up well in new york, server had lag for a few seconds and then went away while it was mitigated, that's pretty good ddos protection to me

• Like 1

Yup positive I had canceled the service even had the email from them

• Like 1

Even though you cancel on citadel server, you have to cancel paypal auto pay.

• Like 1

i too was auto renewed, after canceling,  i didn't know about needing to cancel paypal too. but after i emailed them , they did refund me the money

They tried to take money from me after I cancelled. Once I had also cancelled with paypal, they got my credit card details (presumably from paypal) and started trying to charge that. They were already on the credit Card list of dodgy suppliers, so their fraud prevention people checked with me first. They have been trying to take money from my credit card every month for over 6 months

30 minutes ago, zMole said:

they got my credit card details (presumably from paypal) and started trying to charge that

Paypal never, ever, gives credit card details to anyone. It will however try to charge your card if you have an auto payments set up and no money in the account.

Also if you were charged through paypal after canceling the service, dispute the charge and attach any kind of confirmation you have for canceling. You will very likely win the dispute.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:25 AM, zMole said:

They tried to take money from me after I cancelled. Once I had also cancelled with paypal, they got my credit card details (presumably from paypal) and started trying to charge that. They were already on the credit Card list of dodgy suppliers, so their fraud prevention people checked with me first. They have been trying to take money from my credit card every month for over 6 months

The only way we would have card details is if they provide them to us, if you were paying via paypal only then any charge woudl be via Paypal. Unless you cancel your service you will be auto-billed this is a subscription based service until you cancel it which only takes one minute to undertake and cancel your service. When you sign up for a service with us that's monthly, 3, 6, 12 months etc and choose to pay via Paypal, then it clearly states it will create a subscription, you have to agree to this. If you were paying via card and did not cancel your service, you will be auto-charged, it's no different from a subscription with your mobile phone supplier, broadband etc. You agree to this in our terms of service, there are no cancellation fees and you can cancel at any time.

Hello  I am updating this thread,

I had to have a long protracted fight and finally Paypal refunded my money.  As the result of my paypal dispute claim.  

I have no idea if Citadel made paypal whole, but i got my money back from paypal not citadel.  Very clear distinction.      And later on Citadel, made an email granting that my account was one of the legacy accounts before they made other stipulations with regards to canceling.  

So have a great day yall,