Sign in to follow this  
Davih

[Spoiler] What recipes did you find so far? Gathering infos for affinity search

2 minutes ago, Davih said:

-Calories are op , they greatly reduce stamina drain and you will be able to make way more efficient queues
-Carbs-proteins are nice, your food and water bar will decrease way slower
-Fats don't increase favor regeneration much, from what i experienced.

These bonuses to CCFP are very nice and all but they are not sustained. What I mean is that after you eat these types of new cooked foods the bonuses start draining away, so minute by minute they are lowered until they are almost completely drained away while your food and nutrition level still have time remaining.

This is unlike the old Nutrition level (which still functions as Retro stated) wherein after you eat your meal and say are then at 80% Nutrition, it remains at 80% until you eat again. Yes, your food level went down so you need to eat again but your Nutrition level stays constant.

My opinion is that these CCFP bonuses deplete too quickly to be considered as being of a stable benefit and bonus. There is really nothing OP about any of this because of this constant CCFP status drain.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Personally, I found a curry that gave me 20 minutes of affinity (food bar was about 80% to start with) and maxed out my CCFP bars.  I found it just trying stuff - the lore feature is great!  Can't remember what all went in it, but it had coconut, oil and meat (10/10 whoever thought up coconuts!)

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Calories will likely be toned down, the way they currently work is a bit OP, we'll be looking at balancing that in an update or two.

Fats also increase sleep bonus duration, you'll see your timer count up sometimes.

The affinity system we'll be going over, most of the meals found now aren't very high in complexity, thus low timers on the affinities.

They sure are great, but i'm not entirely sure it's a good idea to tone them down, it's not like they unbalance the game much, and just made it less stressing for what concerns me.
Affinity system is very unclear, and honestly i still didn't find an affinity i could have an use for, also if i was to finally find my blacksmithing affinity on an low nutrition item, i would be kinda upset.

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I was! I used to guess, but look up the actual answer before selecting :P

I do this to this date, with the answers on my desktop. I like to guess and see how it measures up, i guess.

17 hours ago, Niki said:

Pretty sure Rolf is in a very far place now, enjoying a drink on a beach. ;)

He's in a better place now lol

Rolf near water is something special. I remember this one time he chased down my knarr to help me with a bug ticket. Good times. Bright freaking light in the water moving at least twice my speed. A jk model surfaces... and boards my ship!

I freaked, for a moment.

Then he gave me drake pieces.

That drake set was a gift from Duce.

/rambling.

• Like 1

If you do update the affinity system, please for the love of god do not change any existing recipes/affinities.

I already have a ton written down in my notes and it would be an absolute nightmare to have to go through and change every single entry.

Timer length is the bit, not the calculations in random affinities.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rocky said:

The funny thing about this thread, that there is not a single post from someone who is saying "pls stop the thread this is a spoiler" . All comments are pro "share recipies".! (till now)

If this thread is a spoiler, then pls put the Wiki offline, bc thats a big spoiler too.

beside that you stilll have to find your own recipie for an affiny, bc its Player ID bound. so to say this is a spoiler-thread is so ridiculous imo.

The ones who would say please stop the thread, this is a spoiler, arent on forums looking for spoilers, but instead are busy gathering the new matereals and cooking XD

But i personally think, its nice to share recipes, especially the named ones :) Like showing off your new dish! :D 
Or at least the basics, like a roasting dish accepts such and such ingredients.

On 25.11.2016 at 10:11 AM, Retrograde said:

it's more about allowing the sense of exploration and finding their own way to exist for players. It's not an uncommon feeling that the release of Wurm Unlimited did ruin the feeling of mystery, so we'd like to avoid situations in which people feel that unless they click that link and read up every recipe found they're missing out.

Heh, just for the value of humor... consider the insane amount of Priests and Priestesses HFC grinds and their Nature-obsessive behavior in general. The strong belief of all that SD/SS contribute to Channeling spell powers, which has hardly been dented by WU mining that was attempting to prove this SD/SS belief wrong.

Back in 2012 I actually brought my priest down from 95+ Faith in order to conduct stupidly insane test about how much considerable amount of SD change affects the vastly spread distribution of channeling powers. The results were so minimal that they could easily have been explained by the trickle of skill gains on Channeling trough those thousands of casts and numbers collected. Yet, I was shot down by whomever I talked about this and revealed my findings. Others beliefs were so strong that I ended up second guessing my own research and grind SD up myself for the sake of "better safe than sorry."

This is clearly not about cooking recipes. But eventually it is the very same thing. A lot can be skipped by little bit of correct kind of shared knowledge.

-> Gatekeepers of shared knowledge put themselves in very bad light even if you fry the words in butter and serve them with bacon.

But thankfully this is Wurm Online. A game. Not like dark middle age going on here with burning Alexandrias. So, we (or I) shall scribe our own hidden private libraries and wait until either gatekeepers unlock the gates or we invent the printing press equivalent that puts the powers of old at risk where changing themselves is the only way to perpetuate their position. ;) 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2016 at 11:56 AM, Aeris said:

So what you're saying is that we can continue skilling with the exact same meals we used before and get the exact same skillgain as we used to?

Because if yes, then ok. If no: Then I want the "food spoilers" to be posted on the forums because I don't have time for this nonsense.

I still can't make gravy. It says 25% solids. I add something solid and it says, "have you tried adding a fish?" My gravy here ain't got no stinking fishes!! Solid what? I know it ain't rocks. I also know it ain't meat, taters, corn, or fat (grease). So I shall wait for the recipe ban to be lifted.

• Like 3

I think you're getting confused between solids and liquids.  According to the how-stuff-works document, the quantity of liquid required for a recipe is a percentage of the total weight of the solids.  So if you have a total of 1kg of solid stuff, and you need 25% liquid, you need to add around 0.25kg of whatever liquid.  I know that lore gives you a hint if you have the right stuff, but not the right amounts of liquid - something like 'you need between 234g and 481g of water'.  Having discovered gravy myself just yesterday, it definately needs some liquid - what else did it say when you asked for lore?

• Like 1

I edited the first thread again, in case my current position wasn't clear : D

Had loads of fun with cooking over the weekend. I was actually very sceptic about whole thing and ignored it pretty much. Then on friday(or saturday) I thought I try how it is working and make a meal. Soon after that I pushed my oven(it was outside, where I used to cook meats from hunts) to the FSB and it all began. :D

After this weekend I think Retrograde's request makes sense. The cooking itself was not so much different compared to old cooking - put ingredients to the container and wait until it is finished. What was fun was experimenting with the unknown. Also working with others. Giving tips, receiving tips(many of them in private), then thinking, "was so close, how in the world I didn't come to that".

PS: Remake the icon of chocolate!

4 hours ago, Wonka said:

I think you're getting confused between solids and liquids.  According to the how-stuff-works document, the quantity of liquid required for a recipe is a percentage of the total weight of the solids.  So if you have a total of 1kg of solid stuff, and you need 25% liquid, you need to add around 0.25kg of whatever liquid.  I know that lore gives you a hint if you have the right stuff, but not the right amounts of liquid - something like 'you need between 234g and 481g of water'.  Having discovered gravy myself just yesterday, it definately needs some liquid - what else did it say when you asked for lore?

LOL it asked if I had tried adding a fish. I went back to building my knarr.

• Like 2

I still object to censoring recipes. But I"ll just wait a couple weeks for 1.3 to hit WU and then I can look them up in its code.

• Like 1

Imagine these people in a movie forum,they use spoilers and successfully  review movies and life goes on,if you add spoiler warnings ,then idiots who click it  have only themselves to blame.Retro would you ban reviewing movies until everyone has seen it?

• Like 3

On 11/25/2016 at 10:15 AM, Aeris said:

I know, right? And those who think it's fun could perhaps avoid clicking a thread whose title contains the word spoiler.

That's common sense which unfortunately is not given to everyone...in my opinion there should be no reason to have it posted with SPOILER so those who does NOT want to read it don't read it...but you know it's WAY MORE FUN to explore and not knowing what your doing...sigh!! ;)  No idea what's so wrong about a spoiler post I'm sure alot of ppl would love and enjoy it...

3 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

That's common sense which unfortunately is not given to everyone..

It's cause they're blissfully Ignorant ;p

It seems it is fine for people to sell recipes in game, but not fine for them to share it freely here on forum. Please lift this moratorium on sharing as otherwise it will turn into yet another money making commodity instead of fun community building.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

It seems it is fine for people to sell recipes in game, but not fine for them to share it freely here on forum. Please lift this moratorium on sharing as otherwise it will turn into yet another money making commodity instead of fun community building.

The recipe mercantile stuff is annoying and shouldn't be allowed either. I totally agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

The recipe mercantile stuff is annoying and shouldn't be allowed either. I totally agree.

out of curiosity, why not?

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Whats the difference between sharing and selling? It's a loophole.

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Please lift this moratorium on sharing as otherwise it will turn into yet another money making commodity instead of fun community building.

• Like 3

The ability to write down was the system for sharing, if players choose to sell or give that away, it's not taking advantage of a loophole, its the exact system that was intended

If someone wants to be nice they could essentially "sell" the recipe for nothing, how do you plan to moderate that or is this request not to share simply a request and nothing more? Expecting people not to break it?

giving away the recipe or selling it is fine.

Again, as I have stated many times, the request is to avoid large catalogues of the recipes, having a spreadsheet that is essentially a cheatsheet of all the recipes that can be made.

If you wish to know how to make one, you can ask, and people can tell you (preferably in PM please). Or you can trade and buy/sell recipes.

• Like 1