Sign in to follow this  
Davih

[Spoiler] What recipes did you find so far? Gathering infos for affinity search

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

If you wish to know how to make one, you can ask, and people can tell you (preferably in PM please). Or you can trade and buy/sell recipes.

So then by your statement here you are saying that players may ask in game chat tabs about how to make certain recipes and it is fine to respond there giving the answer for all to see? It's just that your preference would be to PM the response but not really a "requirement".

Treading the fine line of legalize now concerning recipe sharing I think. Seems the original stand was just made concerning sharing them within forum threads like this and now expanded with various fine details and exceptions. I think a declaration of intent is now in order for the ability of players to shield themselves from putative actions being taken against them by the Wurm governing authorities.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

giving away the recipe or selling it is fine.

Again, as I have stated many times, the request is to avoid large catalogues of the recipes, having a spreadsheet that is essentially a cheatsheet of all the recipes that can be made.

If you wish to know how to make one, you can ask, and people can tell you (preferably in PM please). Or you can trade and buy/sell recipes.

The new cooking system isn't a child, stop mollycoddling it.

Those of us who don't think it's at all enjoyable to "explore" (read: wander in the dark) to "find recipes" (read: waste our limited spare time) should have an option not to do so. There is no harm in others sharing their knowledge so that everyone can get a "cheatsheet" faster - It's not a competition and unless we're being graded on our performance in our respective kitchens I'm at a loss here. Why is it BAD to find out recipes without wasting time on it? And don't give me the rehashed crap about it being all about "the fun and exploration" because believe it or not: Not all of us enjoy playing the game in the cookie-cutter style you're trying to reinforce by making all of us try out your new pet project. (and yes, this is directed at the wizard behind the curtain that makes the calls on this update)

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 11

@Retrograde

You could sell a full (except rare recipes) cookbook in the shop. Wait, but what if 1 would buy it for bucks and then sell to others for silver? Well, then people would buy silver for it. Also people are greedy. And copying 500 recipes is a brainkiller. You get it.

• Like 1

simply said, the way I understood retros concern is, that there ARE players who ENJOY finding recipes and for those it would take away the enjoyment to bluntly post recipes in public (like global chat or forums).

But I have to say though, that I think "spoiler" tags in forums, should be sufficient, inside the posts AND inside the title, since those who want to explore can simply continue so and ignore those very visible topics.
osting it in global or without spoiler, it would be thrown into their faces, practically without their consent.

Which is why, whenever I see someone asking for a recipe, I tell them the recipe per pm or simply write a recipe ingame and send them. Honestly It IS alot of fun for me to discover recipes, but sometimes there are recipes that are beyond any logic, that after many attempts, I then have to ask for.

In that case, some form of collected recipe list would be nice to avoid unnecessary frustration....

edit: I would love to be able to write more than one recipe at once :o either a collection of all my found recipes or atleast queue recipes to be designated for writing on paper, it's really not pleasant to try to use it the way it is currently.

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

giving away the recipe or selling it is fine.

Again, as I have stated many times, the request is to avoid large catalogues of the recipes, having a spreadsheet that is essentially a cheatsheet of all the recipes that can be made.

Your logic is the same as the old dilemma about not posting meditation questions.

"It's a mystery!"

yea, some people just don't care about that and THOSE players will read the spoiler marked threads with recipies.

The people who want a mystery can discover things on their own.

I already found a simple recipie giving me 100% in every CCFP and nutrition so at this point it's more a matter of finding a ton of recipies to figure out which ones actually gives decent affinities. (and preferably some CCFP&Nutrition too)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 4

Wurm and its officials have made it clear how they are going to handle this. For those who want to share recipes we need to find another place to do so. And preferably a place where Wurm moderators don't have any power to interfere.

• Like 2

I eat oatmeal for breakfast.  Do not particularly like it but it's good maintenance for an old body.  In Wurm I eat stir fry.  Do not particularly like it but it's good maintenance.  I also have Paul Purdhomme's Louisiana Cooking cookbook.  In Wurm I have oh that's right we can't do that.  Nevermind

• Like 2

ìf anyone has made an excel sheet or has a google doc shared i would love to see it.

i cant seem to find some recipes myself and i don't feel its fun clicking lore on 1000's of things to see it says something. so please PM me :)

• Like 6

Could someone pm me a copy of the full list of recipes as they stand (or a link to a spreadsheet?)

I'm hoping to put together a list of travellers recipies ^_^

• Like 2

Please PM me links to a list or spreadsheet of recipes, thank you. Keep in mind I'll redistribute any information shared with the world wide web.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 5

I am with theese guys ^^^

Please, if you're working on a complete spreadsheet of all recipes, i'd like to join you and then share it with every interested person.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, joedobo said:

Keep in mind I'll redistribute any information shared with the world wide web.

And where in the vast expanse of the internet might this be found as posted by you?

=Ayes=

There is already a small googledoc posted on the reddit wurm forum, not to many recipes, but a good start.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ayes said:

And where in the vast expanse of the internet might this be found as posted by you?

=Ayes=

Sharing such things here means big brother might send me to Guantanamo.

• Like 1

Have not found any recipes yet, but would like to suggest adding one to the game, if possible. This seemed like a good enough place to do that.

Type - Sandwich

Bread + Pig Meat + Honey

I call it a "Ham and Bees"

:)

• Like 1

So we get this instead of being able to share unintended consequences. 

We can share, it just has to happen somewhere else or in pm. Sure, its dumb but we can't force Wurm to comply. It's a much better idea to focus our sharing efforts in areas where Wurm and its officials can't interfere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atheas said:

anyone know coconut recipe?

It's a pun.

COCOnut.

On 24-11-2016 at 3:11 PM, Retrograde said:

if you don't wish to use the CCFP system you can turn off the bars by typing /toggleccfp and continue as normal.

Thanks this is all i wanted to know.

Or we eat mycelium or we eat raw fish. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Or we eat mycelium or we eat raw fish.

Gross.

• Like 1

Am I the only one agreeing with the devs / mods on this? I immediately googled for a list of all recipes and was sort of happy not to find one. More game to play, more things to be explored.

Honestly, I can't really understand why people are so upset that you can't share that kind of stuff on the forums or ingame. But that is just my opinion.

After all, lets just respect the mods decision on this.

25 minutes ago, harald921 said:

Am I the only one agreeing with the devs / mods on this? I immediately googled for a list of all recipes and was sort of happy not to find one. More game to play, more things to be explored.

Honestly, I can't really understand why people are so upset that you can't share that kind of stuff on the forums or ingame. But that is just my opinion.

After all, lets just respect the mods decision on this.

True indeed, its very fun to explore, but I wouldnt mind if some of the sub-ingredients got "spoiled" (well, I dont need them anymore now since I found out most). Stuff like gravy, vinegear, bacon, pesto, passata, white sauce, stock, ...

Those in itself dont ruin the fun of exploring when shared I think. You would be amazed how much those ingredients are used in recipes, so there is still a huge lot to explore :)

Then you have the wacky ones like coconut and pineapple, those are like some of the old puzzles in click-and-point adventures that dont make sense at all, unless you start analyzing the words (in those 2 cases, it would have been more usefull if they made sand foragable for real coconuts and pineapples :p)

All in all, so far I can appreciate the lack of sharing on the forum, it actually is fun throwing stuff in different containers and lore-ing till your right mousebutton breaks. But again, to many times the basic sub-recipes put a stop to my exploring, since some of them didnt realy resemble the real life way of cooking it (even if all the ingredients are available in wurm), I had to dig through logs of when the cooking system went live (since people were sharing hints left and right then) or hope someone was online who felt like sharing tips (I found a few very helpfull people in that case, not spoiling the entire recipe, but helping me on the way).

• Like 1