Sign in to follow this  
Davih

[Spoiler] What recipes did you find so far? Gathering infos for affinity search

The Title says big and fat spoiler

so what is the big deal about? Player are not forced to look inside this thread. Everybody has the free choice to look inside here or not. We are not in Kindergarden, let ppl post there recipies!

If this is to much spoiler, i could say "map dumps" are spoiler too.................................................

This Forum is getting strangely more and more

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

I was looking forward to a topic like this...

I wonder how long it'll take before an "unofficial" wurm-wiki/forum/... is made by a user sick of all the recent deletions of posts/threads and censoring.

Edited by Lycanthropic

I do agree with pretty much everything you guys said,
still, being the autor of this thread, i didn't want to take the responsibility of keeping this open against the will of the staff.

So, well, unless they change their mind, i guess we might have to use reddit or something like that until we can finally post them back here.

• Like 2

This reminds me of when meditation was arbitrarily deemed to be a precious little baby which people couldn't reveal the answers for.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aeris said:

So what you're saying is that we can continue skilling with the exact same meals we used before and get the exact same skillgain as we used to?

Because if yes, then ok. If no: Then I want the "food spoilers" to be posted on the forums because I don't have time for this nonsense.

Aeris I don't think (don't quote me on it) if you use the old way to cook a meal a veggie and filet meat or just meat not filet you will get any carbs from it (my thoughts again haven't tested) but the point is they want us to explore and enjoy the satisfaction of discovering...I'm with you don't got time to waste on trying and failing just cuz it's exciting for some...don't understand what is wrong with spoiler alert everyone is informed if they don't want to know then they shouldn't read it common sense to me...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aeris said:

This reminds me of when meditation was arbitrarily deemed to be a precious little baby which people couldn't reveal the answers for.

Still is if you go past what's posted for the answers of the path you can't reveal the answers or was told anyone who does would get banned...no idea why!!!

5 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

Still is if you go past what's posted for the answers of the path you can't reveal the answers or was told anyone who does would get banned...no idea why!!!

Not exactly correct. The answers were easily available, but we did not allow them on the forums or on the wiki.

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Not exactly correct. The answers were easily available, but we did not allow them on the forums or on the wiki.

Or for the link to the answers to be given out in any of the moderated chats. You weren't staff back when all this happened, and I don't know if you had even signed up as player yet, but the witchhunt was real I'll tell you that much.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Wurm is the only online game I have played, where the staff actively discourages the community to work as a team.

About meditating answers: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Meditating_answers&oldid=69747

I remember when I started meditating, I asked on alliance chat about the answers, it all went silent, you could hear a needle drop. Was first experience to me, that this is a topic, noone talks about. I got a vague answer, that use Google. :D 

Even now, the answers are nowadays basically public (*cough* WU code *cough*). But people are still afraid to share that info. I got the answers from someone, but it was sent to me "incognito", so there would be no trace leading to that person. Ridiculous.

it's more about allowing the sense of exploration and finding their own way to exist for players. It's not an uncommon feeling that the release of Wurm Unlimited did ruin the feeling of mystery, so we'd like to avoid situations in which people feel that unless they click that link and read up every recipe found they're missing out.

The cooking is about fun and exploring, share your findings with your friends and alliance, but for the time being, we'd like it kept out of public chats and the forum

Just to clarify "how do i make x?" is fine to answer, but giving a link to your spreadsheet of every recipe you've made is not, at least for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

Or for the link to the answers to be given out in any of the moderated chats. You weren't staff back when all this happened, and I don't know if you had even signed up as player yet, but the witchhunt was real I'll tell you that much.

I was! I used to guess, but look up the actual answer before selecting :P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davih said:

I do agree with pretty much everything you guys said,
still, being the autor of this thread, i didn't want to take the responsibility of keeping this open against the will of the staff.

So, well, unless they change their mind, i guess we might have to use reddit or something like that until we can finally post them back here.

Pretty sure Rolf is in a very far place now, enjoying a drink on a beach. ;)

40 minutes ago, joedobo said:

How do we send a letter to Rolf submitting a complaint?

reed pen + ink on papyrus!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joedobo said:

How do we send a letter to Rolf submitting a complaint?

Throw a gold coin into a wishing well and hope for the best :)

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The cooking is about fun and exploring

It's not fun though, and never will be.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aeris said:

It's not fun though, and never will be.

It's almost as if different people have different opinions. 

• Like 6

The funny thing about this thread, that there is not a single post from someone who is saying "pls stop the thread this is a spoiler" . All comments are pro "share recipies".! (till now)

If this thread is a spoiler, then pls put the Wiki offline, bc thats a big spoiler too.

beside that you stilll have to find your own recipie for an affiny, bc its Player ID bound. so to say this is a spoiler-thread is so ridiculous imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

share your findings with your friends and alliance

Friends are inactive for several months now, can't leave alliance since i'm maintaining several deeds for them. So the only place I have to ask are in-game where you can't post spoilers and here. 

18 hours ago, Ayes said:

Do you mean?:

1. By toggling off the CCFP bars you are no longer effected by the CCFP system.

Or

2. By toggling off the CCFP bars you just no longer see them but are still effected in the same way by it.

@Retrogradecould you answer what Ayes asked, please? I'm not really understanding what the toggle does.

18 hours ago, Ayes said:

I find your statement here to be a bit unclear.

Do you mean?:

1. By toggling off the CCFP bars you are no longer effected by the CCFP system.

Or

2. By toggling off the CCFP bars you just no longer see them but are still effected in the same way by it.

=Ayes=

by toggling off the CCFP bars you no longer see them, your nutrition continues as normal and everything looks the same way as before.

you still receive any bonuses you get from eating meals to CCFP, but you no longer see them.

Just to reiterate, the CCFP system is a BONUS system, the base line was not changed in any way, shape or form. food, nutrition and water behave all exactly the same way prior to the introduction of CCFP.

your food and water do not drain faster if you have nothing in the CCFP system, they drain the exact same speed as always.

• Like 5

To add some meta-info:

-Calories are op , they greatly reduce stamina drain and you will be able to make way more efficient queues
-Carbs-proteins are nice, your food and water bar will decrease way slower
-Fats don't increase favor regeneration much, from what i experienced.

Timed affinities are hard to find, timers are too short anyway, and a mere 10% is probably not worth all the effort of searching for them, as you probably would not be able to keep the affinity UP the whole time anyway, cause with high proteins, you won't be able to eat much food, so overall they are nothing great.

Edited by Davih

1 minute ago, Davih said:

To add some meta-info:

-Calories are op , they greatly reduce stamina drain and you will be able to make way more efficient queues
-Carbs-proteins are nice, your food and water bar will decrease way slower
-Fats don't increase favor regeneration much, from what i experienced.

Timed affinities are hard to find, timers are too short anyway, and a mere 10% is probably not worth all the effort of searching for them, as you probably would not be able to keep the affinity UP the whole time anyway, cause with high proteins, you won't be able to eat much food, so overall they are nothing great.

Calories will likely be toned down, the way they currently work is a bit OP, we'll be looking at balancing that in an update or two.

Fats also increase sleep bonus duration, you'll see your timer count up sometimes.

The affinity system we'll be going over, most of the meals found now aren't very high in complexity, thus low timers on the affinities.

3 hours ago, Budda said:

It's almost as if different people have different opinions. 

I know, right? And those who think it's fun could perhaps avoid clicking a thread whose title contains the word spoiler.

• Like 8