Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

remove scenario points from all home server missions

as title says, remove scenario points from home server missions, but let them continue giving karma and MAYBE mission progress (i'm not too sure about this) maybe even boost the karma gain a bit or something

It would be nice to have another way to draw people to elevation, other than just being there for the 'occasional pvp' 

willing to hear thoughts from all perspectives, but I reserve my right to thinking this is a good way to unite the kingdoms onto elevation ;^)

edit: i edited, enemy home server missions should prob stay right?

Edited by platinumteef

+1, home server missions are far to easy to farm would be nice to have scenario points removed or lowered drastically from missions finished on them.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

what is the downside of those on the home server taking part in the epic scenario system?

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

what is the downside of those on the home server taking part in the epic scenario system?

On elevation, the missions make you venture into enemy's areas very often, or just roam the server that has tons of people who would love to kill you on it.

On home servers. the missions send you to friendly lands 100% of the time for the same reward, aka very little risk and home field advantage like CR nerf for enemy's.

Leads to a race to see who can do missions on your own home server faster.

(Its Passed missions/Failed missions, not Pass/Total just to avoid confusion)

d7979650cd2bff028189a475906c0a32.png

I only use MR as an example because they are the last remaining active kingdom and I only started tracking these after everyone quit but them, 200 missions for mag on elevation vs 1039 on desertion and elevation is about as safe as it could ever be for MR currently with everyone else gone. Why do hard missions that make you wander a map with enemy's on it when you can relax at home where the enemy has to super over extend and spend hours sailing to try and stop you from doing stuff on your own entire private kingdom server.

• Like 1

I was fan of bringing people to Elevation, even destroying the home servers.

But now there are too few people and Elevation is too big.

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

DL hit it pretty head on, the ease of access and almost 100% safety (especially these days when most kingdoms can't fill a sailboat/don't want to waste their time going to a home server to look for people doing missions when they get a .7cr modifier from just being there

plus, elevation lacks players and if we could get people to stop spamming missions on home servers then perhaps people would come to ele to do missions, and if people are doing missions on ele it might create pvp, and if it creates pvp people might come back to play, and if people come back to play maybe other people will see that they have a chance in their god winning on elevation and they'll come too.. you get the point i'll stop my runon sentences

• Like 1

Beyond this, PMK's are at a severe disadvantage also which isn't nice on such a big map. 

They have no home server to do missions on, they are forced to goto an enemy home server or elevation to do anything.

The best suggestion I have seen is to remove FRIENDLY home server missions, leave enemy ones.  If home server guys want to do a missions, have them sail to affliction and face of with the other home server guys to do a missions not sit on their own server with no risk and all the reward.

Edited by Darklords

Just now, Darklords said:

Beyond this, PMK's are at a severe disadvantage also which isn't nice on such a big map. 

They have no home server to do missions on, they are forced to goto an enemy home server or elevation to do anything.

The best suggestion I have seen is to remove FRIENDLY home server missions, leave enemy ones.  If home server guys want to do a missions, have them sail to affliction and face of with the other home server guys to do a missions not sit on their own server.

oh yea I forgot about that, one of the main reasons being in a PMK really sucked. and yea I updated the OP a few minutes ago to reflect the keeping of enemy ones

I understand the desire of promoting PvP, but home server players are an integral part of an epic kingdom, so just blanket cutting them out of the possibility of partaking in the epic scenario system is a little much.

Just now, Retrograde said:

I understand the desire of promoting PvP, but home server players are an integral part of an epic kingdom, so just blanket cutting them out of the possibility of partaking in the epic scenario system is a little much.

It's not blanketing them out, they can go do them its just going to take a little work now they wont be able to do it in extreme safety there is nothing stopping them period from making a trip to ele to do one, or going to an enemy home server to do one just like everyone else who risks all their gear does every single time. 

Your saying that making a system that gives out items like 3 100%missed hits on you/100% crit/20 damage ranged wound to the head/20% damage reduction should be so easy to do that they cannot sail to a server with enemy's on it like everyone else has to and can instead sit on a server with all friendly people on it doing them instead and you wonder why we left with that kinda attitude.  The rewards are being given out like candy and we take all the risk unless we leave elevation for days at a time to do PVE missions with no enemy's like the home server guys to even stand chances of getting enough points to compete with them.

No one asked for them to be no allowed to do mission, we just ask you add some freaking risk to it so they don't have it easier than us when we live on the risk and reward server and they live on the get started and apparently get the most powerful items in the game easier server...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

missions were created to create player vs player; the saftey of home servers and the rewards they get compared to players on elevation who risk more roaming enemy lands for the same prize chance / sp / reward? You're basically slapping the face of reason to go out and pvp;

How do you create pvp retro? You get players off deed and out onto map; you have a system in place which could consolidate players looking to get reward for a bit of risk to roam around a map completing missions. This is probably what was intended at the start of epic/this mission system.

Home servers are too safe and give zero reason to go take risk on Elevation, they provide too much of a risk for me to go to, I won't have a fast horse because I can't deed on home servers to start breeding; i got no safe place to retreat and I can't even hop from a cave [see mine doors thread]

Elevation is fair game for all; we would see much longer valrei campaigns, which means more players working together on the same map, meaning more targets, more pvp...

The goal is creating pvp; anything else belongs on freedom. Home servers are for new players to find a footing to then move onto elevation. What better reason than for missions, even if visiting?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As said above, we need to start consolidating the population [or have reason to] You devs really ignore the top cries here; the cluster is too big; we're too few; You don't want to make things smaller, so you have to create reasons to bring the crowds in; ANYBODY can deed on Elevation, I cannot stop anybody from JKH from dropping a deed on Elevation, if an enemy was to attack them I would have a reason to defend them; this is a chain of PVP creation no matter how you look at it; 

It isn't CUTTING THEM OUT, it would be cutting them out if you made it so only players part of a certain village could partake in the missions, no, all they have to do is step through a portal or sail over to start partaking in mission events; Nobody can stop them, they can kill them but they will respawn on ele, and if an enemy is at a certain place killing the same kingdom, that will cause me to go there and stop that person from killing that person :huh:...you get what i mean :P

If you want to support home servers and give them the same benefits as Elevation; Then why are we on Elevation retro? 

Side note; Players who work together create a much better integral part of epic kingdoms; players that sit away playing solo on a different safer server, actually do nothing for epic or it's problem. Many players on JKH/MRH look for reasons to come to Elevation, sometimes the pure thrill of pvp just isn't enough, missions/resources are. You somehow think it's a doomsday scenario, I just see it as a reason to get kingdoms to be kingdoms and work closer together towards a common goal which isnt a direct pvp scenario; Valrei campaigns. 

Edited by Mclovin

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

have you seen the epic twitter feeds?

home servers can ###### out missions incredibly fast, sometimes even just moments after they pop up with streaks of up to I don't know, like 30 missions in a row?

when a new scenario comes out, I don't give a single ###### about ele missions because 99% of the time they will be stuck on something ###### and because for every ele mission you do, atleast 5 home server missions are done

why the ###### would I want to go out and spent time and risk dying for a scenario where i'm not likely to win anything due to people who are doing the missions in complete safety can do them 5x faster?

when you said you were planning on doing valrei changes, I was convinced that home servers would change but nope

same old cancer

###### friendly missions, most of the time it's just a race of who hit sacrifice faster or who lives closest to x temple

ele missions only, heavily favor missions that only appear in enemy/neutral territory

bam there you go, people will now have to roam around and possibly cause pvp

add in more missions that promote pvp

###### like global mission to win hota

use pillar that was randomly spawned somewhere in enemy territory

etc

remove raiding and building missions, nobody ever does them so they only block off people for several days

bit of a rant, just tired of this massive cancer valrei system

• Like 1

I'm undecided anymore, like no matter what you do people just don't want to move to ele.  It takes needing people to kill some dragons on ele to get some to help us cap some towers and not even all of them wanted to

I'd like ele missions to be more desirable as I always say.  No I'm not interested in building a pylon for the 48th time, no I'm not interested in draining Worldstar so everyone can login and wreck us.  No I'm not interested in going to Rome to cut a tree so everyone can login and wreck me.  There's a difference between risky missions and handing yourself over on a silver platter which most aren't really interested in doing.  I've spent plenty of time on mrgary in jk/rome spamming reveal creatures trying to find traitors, if people see the missions being done and know what it is, they can try go looking.  If I'm outside their capital, they don't have to look because I've already got the target painted on my back.  But even then, spamming gems for potentially hours trying to find a traitor that might have even lost its tag is pretty boring as heck

Also wtf no one wants to go sac 500 bulls on blh wat even is that all the enemy animal missions are stupidly high, we did so many more enemy home server missions when it was just clapping at a tower, but those are pretty risk free if you dont mind dedicating hours of travel time

People have asked for eons about boosts to missions of the hostile nature, but na, seems the most requested change isnt happening lol.

heck even made a suggestion myself about the scenario ######

But ya know what?

I dont think home servers need removal/nerfs.

I just think hostile missions need buffs to be on par with home server missions.

But leaving it as it is atm is utter ###### and everyone knows it.

It's a tricky one but I think Darklords reply clearly highlights an issue exists.

From a personal perspective as a player that is active on both Elevation and home servers since the release of Epic and has done over  500,000 karma worth of missions something needs to fundamentally change with the mechanics.

Home server players should not be removed from earning scenario points (they are a part of epic) but missions done on the home servers should be weighted less.

They are low risk / same reward.

my suggestion would be to decrease to SP value of home server missions and increase the SP value on Elevation and add a further bonus to enemy home server missions.

Split the type of missions per server type.

Allow tamed mounts to use the portals as I believe this would allow more exploration/interactivity by home server based players on Elevation.

• Like 3