Sign in to follow this  
Gregory

Easy Body Stamina Fix for Epic

Did some pondering and it seems an easy fix to correct the Body Stamina issue on Epic would be to increase Body Stamina by 10% each for Mining and Digging.

Had a look at several characters and this would seem to bring it up to an acceptable level if raised inline with leveling the skills naturally.

If you had 90 skill in both your Body Stamina would increase by 18.

Thoughts?

• Like 5

yes this should be done, I did put it to the devs and retro said they're looking into it, suggesting a fix like this should make it easy for them

There is zero reason for this to take months. Needs a hotfix 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind some kinda bump fix but I don't think there will ever be a truly balanced way to do it

90 digging making deeds will be a lot more stam than 90 digging spending a week on tar

10% as is seems like it could be too low when comparing my account to similar on freedom, but dunno, even if it's too low its still almost 20 stam more than I am now

• Like 4

i think some compensation should be given

im still clueless as to why stam gain was restricted to begin with, i believe the issue we complained about was super high-tier accounts (like Dadd) at the time taking no damage and should be looked at prior to the release of Epic, and instead of nerfing Str, rolf decided to nerf stam

???

• Like 1

Just now, Propheteer said:

and instead of nerfing Str, rolf decided to nerf stam

maybe you forgot but at the start of epic digging and mining didnt give any body strength :P

that was reverted within days iirc, but seems body stam was just ignored

• Like 1

the %'s can be worked out by the mathematics but what gregory said overall seems the best way, if numbers need to be worked out that's cool.

Any bump is better than none in this case

• Like 1

its been discussed, probably unlikely to just happen as a flat 10% though the idea of a general boost does have merit.

We'll see.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

though the idea of a general boost does have merit.

What does merit means?

English is not my native language and i cant find an answer on google which fits in this context lol

47 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

What does merit means?

English is not my native language and i cant find an answer on google which fits in this context lol

He means it's a good logical idea that makes sense to do

• Like 5

I figured some maths wizard would come to the rescue with some incremental calculation adjustment for both Mining and Digging.

0 to 10 Skill = x%
10 to 20 Skill = x%
20 to 30 Skill = x%

A flat 10% is probally a bit low, 15% too high, 13% might be the sweet spot for both looking at a few accounts.

Thanks guys and thanks Retro for the response.

Cheers

• Like 2

There should be more gains for hige end skills like i have 97 mining its huge amount of mines from 90 till 97 

Bump...I'm all in favor of a reasonable adjustment based on relevant Mining and Digging skills.

• Like 1

Doesn't the server keep a count of mining actions done or something like that? or no? ;/ would be nice if you could just figure out how many mining/digging actions have been done or the time doing those actions and calculate off that.... dunno if server tracks THAT much data though.... ;)

9 hours ago, KrisWald said:

Doesn't the server keep a count of mining actions done or something like that? or no? ;/ would be nice if you could just figure out how many mining/digging actions have been done or the time doing those actions and calculate off that.... dunno if server tracks THAT much data though.... ;)

that's not too accurate and can get unfair balancing

using stupid numbers, someone digs with a super shovel 500 times with a 1 second timer for 500 seconds of digging, someone digs with a skill shovel 200 times with a 10 second timer for 2000 seconds of digging, stat skillgain is just like normal skills where timer adjusts skillgain, so the one with 2000 seconds of digging should get more stamina despite having less than half the actions

• Like 2

Epic might not get too many attention atm but i have faith they sort this stuff out.

Retro and co, PLS dont forget about us/this!

I don't think they will, just gotta be careful not to implement something that causes more issues; It's a "easy" fix but needs to be done correct

• Like 1

A flat addition is likely the wrong way to calculate it, like every other skill the higher your body stam is the less you get. Although 30 is the standard, there are many accounts below that and some far above, a flat bonus will under-compensate some and overcompensate others. Any calculation must take into account existing stamina.

Anyway if you are going to make an adjustment you need to do so asap, the longer it is in the waiting the harder it is to judge fairly.

• Like 1

Bump - I must stress how much we are eagerly waiting for this fix; I don't think you understand lol.

This should be a HOTFIX or some crap; priority one for the devs. Fix this plz. 

• Like 1