Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Archeage-enjoying it so far

Anyone tried it? Am loving the graphics so far.
Crafting is less tedious as well. I think the max level is 55 atm which takes 2-3 weeks to get. The playerbase is pretty good as well and we can reach to the max level without having to buy anything.

I was curious as to how the PvP was in Archeage, can anyone give me a perspective on that please? :)
It would be cool if someone who played wurm pvp has tried archeage pvp as well, would love to know the similarities/differences.

• Like 1

I tried it a long time ago, it was okay, but I didn't play too much. Might be worth giving it another try

Yea I think its worth investing time, in the beginning I thought it was one more game like torchlight or others.  But after playing a bit more I kinda got addicted to it :P

from what i heard the pvp was extremely unbalanced and unfun
but the game definitely had potential, i think it decided to go the 'sellout' route instead.

8 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

Yea I think its worth investing time, in the beginning I thought it was one more game like torchlight or others.  But after playing a bit more I kinda got addicted to it :P

it turns into extreme pay to win

• Like 1

I haven;t really tried to go endgame in the game in any way. 
I haven't been grinding much in the game tbh. For now am just using whatever is at my disposal, like the glider and all that stuff. Yesterday I went to a rift with some guild mates and the monsters 1 shot me, made me realize how weak I am haha :D

I heard from some guild mates that crafting high end gear takes a lot of time and maybe that aspect of the game is just like wurm skill grinding and is the "pay to win" factor? (Not sure yet tbh). Leveling up the toon has been pretty easy, I started playing yesterday and am already at 30 level, and the max is 55. I will play more and put my input here about how easy/hard it is to craft in the game. Will also post what kind of pvp it has compared to wurm and if it is worth it or not, stay tuned :)

Edited by Hashirama

27 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

it turns into extreme pay to win

This, left after a month or so, the pvp is a spam fest for the most part as well.

no man

BDO and ArcheAge flopped so hard

AA Beta was great, the most fun I've had in that kind of an MMO in a loooong time

But it became P2W very very quickly

Also, BDO is just trash.

• Like 1

BDO is pretty I'll give it that, and have an account. Though haven't played it in months. EDIT: Also its char creator allows for an amazing level of depth, even given the initial templates and genders the classes are locked into.

Aye, last I heard AA became very P2W, which is fine if one is already into it and can afford such.

Edited by Klaa

Some time ago i did play it..it was fun..for a bit.

Edited by Jonydowy

If you want some insight on Archeage, check out my review for it on steam (Metalaggression), I personally played about 3500 hours of it. As for black desert, that game is very ascetically pleasing, sadly that is as far as it goes. The game consist of a never ending grind to simply keep up with your peers, gear and level wise. There is no max level as far as I know. The game is also very competitive mob wise, you will often be pinned against a group with more people or stronger in general for multiple hours halting your grind all together. I personally could not take the grind just to stay relevant within the game.

@Jony, I personally believe Archeage has a way better housing system than Black Desert. In Black Desert you rent apartments pre made, in premade locations, although this is partially true for Archeage as well, at least you can get to pick in what direction your house is facing, and the option to own a big portion of land by buying the land from other people etc etc. 

Edited by Legios
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info legios.

I started playing with a group. And I am really enjoying the game. It can be pay to win but so is wurm. But for archeage pay to win you have to spend a lot of money, with which you could probably buy the best toon in wurm (just for a decent archeage geared toon).

I never thought no loot pvp could ever be this fun. I am really enjoying it so far!

2 hours ago, Budzilla said:

Tried it. Didn't enjoy it. Same with BDO, both were massive flops.

The only thing I miss from Archeage is the Sailing and gliding but  everything else is just meh.

12 hours ago, Hashirama said:

Thanks for the info legios.

I started playing with a group. And I am really enjoying the game. It can be pay to win but so is wurm. But for archeage pay to win you have to spend a lot of money, with which you could probably buy the best toon in wurm (just for a decent archeage geared toon).

I never thought no loot pvp could ever be this fun. I am really enjoying it so far!

The main reason why Archeage became boring for me was because in my server Kyrios, the whole game was dominated by one huge P2W guild, that controlled all the game generated resources including all the castles and what not.. all the world bosses etc etc, you name it, they did it first or killed you for it. Leaving only the option to join the zurg or gtfo. 

As the for the most painful p2w aspect of the game it's the items you can buy from within the market to enhance the chance of upgrades succeeding. Of course you can buy premade characters but getting level 55 just takes 1 or 2 days if you know what you're doing, after that your character is solely dependent on the gear you have.  

Edited by Legios

Played on that server as well, besides the domination it was also the real estate bots.

Just now, Kadore said:

Played on that server as well, besides the domination it was also the real estate bots.

Oh yeah.. that was the most annoying... I'm pretty sure it's still an issue, I might start playing it again when they release the new server for fresh accounts, since the most fun I've had has been on those few first months before everybody starts to p2w.

I play on Eanna atm. Actually the people who are in the top 20 gear scores are the ones who grinded till there. Maybe 20% or less are the players who bought all that stuff with RL cash. But the remaining are people just like in wurm, moving hundreds of packs every week to keep regrading their gear and stuff.

I chose the pvp side to kill opponents and take their packs and then sell them. Obviously right now everyone can kill me, but am getting there :P

I like the fact that gear in itself doesn't drop. Which is great for promoting pvp imo, people will fight almost every time because they have nothign to lose (unless they have packs).

Also, I heard there is a new patch incoming Archeage 3.0

New races (dwarfs and demons I think), shop will be very limited on this server so that people don't go full wallet warrior mode. I don't know all the details but so far it sounds fun and I might give it a shot. Afterall it's f2p :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hashirama said:

I play on Eanna atm. Actually the people who are in the top 20 gear scores are the ones who grinded till there. Maybe 20% or less are the players who bought all that stuff with RL cash. But the remaining are people just like in wurm, moving hundreds of packs every week to keep regrading their gear and stuff.

I chose the pvp side to kill opponents and take their packs and then sell them. Obviously right now everyone can kill me, but am getting there :P

I like the fact that gear in itself doesn't drop. Which is great for promoting pvp imo, people will fight almost every time because they have nothign to lose (unless they have packs).

Also, I heard there is a new patch incoming Archeage 3.0

New races (dwarfs and demons I think), shop will be very limited on this server so that people don't go full wallet warrior mode. I don't know all the details but so far it sounds fun and I might give it a shot. Afterall it's f2p :D

I never became a pirate in Archeage, I never even went over 50 pk points. I quit with about 157 Jury trials served. I remember sending people to jail for 1700+ minutes later they removed that fearture and now you can only send people to jail for about 30 mons. Another thing that make the game horrible at least in Kyrios was the same faction fighting. Not being able to trust anybody because that same reason that gear does not drop, there is no punishment for screwing over your own faction, and stealing their packs etc. This made the game a constant warzone were 90% of the fighting happened in our land with our own people.

Although as long as you're having fun, have at it dude. It is truly an amazing game, managed by a very bad company imo. But if you can squeeze a few hours out of it do so because you will not regret it.

Edited by Legios

I loved AA beta.

Release was wtf.

Between OT, Bushi, some of those other pondscum entities, I was constantly on defense and even stopped carrying my own packs so I could drop the hitsquads trying to ###### with my caravans.

That was fun but the gear geind was insane. Rng rolls to see if you can even try a second upgrade. After grinding numerous trade skills to cap and never once having a gearset worth the time investment, I stopped that.

Ofc then the stupid rumble tree ###### came to be.

Yeah, they won't get anything from me again.

Bdo: had a ton of fun. Anything over level 45 is a waste of time, imo.

Up until that point i had a lot of fun.

Havent played since may.

!!!

New Servers with restricted Cash Shop

Sounds like it will be less p2w

I'll definitely be there playing it, at least trying it again

• Like 1