Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Difficulty of basic meal

It is now 40 in an oven. With my usual ingredients' and pan's QL the cap was around 83ql, now it's 65ql. At 92 HFC.  Is this intended? 65ql meal is practically worthless, i really hope that this is a mistake, but if not, please return 26 difficulty.

Seems that the TEAM thinks we all enjoy cooking games and to spend 1h in front of a oven with 95 HOT FOOD COOKING to make 2meals above 90ql out of 50 freaking meals.

I dont play wurm to cook, was never my intention and this update is just stupid, I dont like playing cooking games.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tuga said:

Seems that the TEAM thinks we all enjoy cooking games and to spend 1h in front of a oven with 95 HOT FOOD COOKING to make 2meals above 90ql out of 50 freaking meals.

I dont play wurm to cook, was never my intention and this update is just stupid, I dont like playing cooking games.

7ecc21ecf6a248999ca1c5c38335f951.png

use better quality materials

this was done in a forge also

Edited by platinumteef

I use 92, 93 and 94 ql materials, even the meat is 93ql, so dont talk about what u dont know ok. maybe I dont got 100 like you do.

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

7ecc21ecf6a248999ca1c5c38335f951.png

use better quality materials

All my mats got 92, 93 and 94ql if not more.

Even the meat got 93.6ql. Sorry if I dont got 100 HFC like u dude, but from 95 to 100 its a big diference in case u dont know.

6 minutes ago, Tuga said:

I use 92, 93 and 94 ql materials, even the meat is 93ql, so dont talk about what u dont know ok. maybe I dont got 100 like you do.

All my mats got 92, 93 and 94ql if not more.

Even the meat got 93.6ql. Sorry if I dont got 100 HFC like u dude, but from 95 to 100 its a big diference in case u dont know.

luckily for me I have multiple characters, and this one has barely 90hfc

2f0c7e7a8eea459c991d1860d5de8c16.png

no idea what could be causing the inconsistency for you then

Edited by platinumteef

examine the frypan to get the difficulty, make note of the ingreients.

also make sure your frypan is high ql.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

A lot of people are under the (very mistaken) impression that frying pan QL doesn't matter, when in fact it always did.

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

A lot of people are under the (very mistaken) impression that frying pan QL doesn't matter, when in fact it always did.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

What does this have to do with anything, when the issue is difficulty was increased significally?

Frypan quality never made any difference when under 70 hfc.  It only affected the outcome after that.  Before 70 hfc, you could make a meal at  your hfc skill very easily even with a low quality pan.  After 70 hfc, you would be unable to.  Then the pan quality entered in.

This is before the update.  How it is after the update is up to others to test and figure out.  Sorry.

it got easier for me to make meals after update using 80-90ql pans though. before i average around 80ql and after im at 95ql with the same ql mats

• Like 1

nice side affect of the update then.  Thanks for the information.

I love using deli julbords on my server... I care more about building than feeding those bars. I was also thinking about modifying the hunger to be slower on WU if I can.

• Like 1

Now the ql does matter in everything... or so Tich kept beating into me. :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa

On 11/22/2016 at 6:49 PM, Pashka said:

Frypan quality never made any difference when under 70 hfc.  It only affected the outcome after that.  Before 70 hfc, you could make a meal at  your hfc skill very easily even with a low quality pan.  After 70 hfc, you would be unable to.  Then the pan quality entered in.

This is not correct. You're thinking of ingredient quality.

Pan QL has always mattered for the skill check, which was always a huge determinant in final QL of the meal. If you got above 70 on that skill roll (which, again, cared about pan QL by using the pan as a tool), then it cared about the QL of the ingredients used.

This is why I was able to grind past 90 HFC using dishwater, soup, and gulasch with virtually optimal efficiency; I used low-QL saucepans to skew the skill checks down.

I have no idea how much of this has changed since the update, but prior to the update, pan QL always mattered and ingredient QL mattered past 70 meal QL. For all I know, dishes now use some completely different wacky formula for determining QL, but I haven't the slightest idea what it might be. Just trying to clarify some misinformation about how it used to work.

Edited by Ostentatio