Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Online 1.3 update Patch Notes (22/NOV/16)

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

yeah, the frequency of the ticks seems extremely low, like you would have to deliberately take the 10minutes beating per mob to get anywhere (and you still wouldnt get far) tested with 1ql, 12ql, 20ql and 30ql shield earlier on a few different mobs. 1ql shield gave me the best gains for my level, but I was spending too much time repairing and was taking too much damage from the monsters for it to be effective

Please start a thread in the server bugs section with all the ticks and logs from these fights.

Include levels and what weapons and weapon skill levels too.

More info the better.

• Like 2

What about the stamina situation with epic tho...Again, high end accounts with high mining/digging are kinda gimped when gaining stamina vs accounts with low mining/digging...Can there be some skill boost / injection for those with high mining/digging?

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

skill per tick can be ramped up if need be. We'll continue to look at it.

make sure you report what ql shield you're using and what enchant, as well as sb or not

It's okay to give "too much" at this stage retro.

every pvper got 90+ already and most have leveled multiple shields, it wont hurt anyone.

Ramp it up a lot and scale it down afterwards if needed.

Also what about archery?

The prefered method was to contineously shoot the same animal while healing it which is pretty carefree, the new method is to shoot animals sprinting around and having to pick up arrows in natural landscape which is a much more time intensive method.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

every pvper got 90+ already and most have leveled multiple shields, it wont hurt anyone.

worked so well with nahjos favour

• Like 2

Just now, Zekezor said:

every pvper got 90+ already, it wont hurt anyone.

No, that's not fair for the rest of the Wurm players who are unable to play right now due to work, sleep, or whatever.  These changes should not be rushed, but rather looked at carefully and adjusted as needed.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

yeah its called a chaos to epic merge. It isn't about the cluster it's about consolidating the pvp community to one server and being able to apply mechanics freely which won't ###### up the bigger player population; Freedom - both will be independant on mechanics so both will grow/strive. Epic will literally become Chaos or something better, you're happy staying on a dead map but your voice will be outspoken by the masses, even freedom, who want their mechanics seperate to ours. Guess what, that isn't going to happen on Chaos. 

Again you chose to play on epic if that is the playstyle you like then go play it there have been and will be masses against the change making chaos epic. The devs have thus far been able to keep important things seperste from chaos that freedom has and they can continue to do so. 

I am perfectly fine with a portal allowing transfers of skills through conversion across clusters so everyone can take part in many different play styles as they choose but to strip chaos/wild for what its always been no way.  It might not have been you but many who fought to get their new cluster epic made wanted that separation so now deal with it. 

On to better things now. Hopefully the ql reduction in farmed goods does not create another outcry. Please people keep in mind that this far the wurm team in the last few weeks have been drastically been changing many of their changes based on our feed back. For once a little pat on the back and we might just see some more upward tweaks in our community favor. 

I am more interested in upcoming possible pvp changes perhaps addressing DR across the board for 20-35 str accounts and more talk about armor balancing. Not to mention med path changes and possible DR for all. 

I would still like to know what the whole chain/studded swap was all about?

Edited by RandomHero

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

nahjo...? you mean libila-based saccing? The one which had many threads requesting reductions yet received none? The type blacklighters themself aknowledge were super easy and suggested the other paths were buffed to similar levels or a buff/nerf combo among the sac bonus types?

Yea... It didnt work well becouse devs didnt act based on feedback. Untill now.

It's all about the timeframes involved retro, it's fine if it turns out it became too highly scaled for lets say a month to three but if you leave it alone for a year, two years or three years... then its another story.

(sidenote: obviously i dont mean x50 when i say "a lot")

Edited by Zekezor

we seriously don't need to EVER start any skill gains going up too fast.  Then only those that were able to take advantage of it get the advantage.  I hate knowing there are a ton of legacy players with their 99 fight skills and 99 shield skills out there and the rest of us have to spend 10x or more time to achieve the same.  When skill gain gets "fixed", it leaves some serious unbalance.

I think this is one of the only games where skills aren't reset to zero after major imbalances are discovered, then allowing players to reallocate skill points in some balanced system.

Also, the skilling system of "you are so good, you need to use garbage quality gear to gain more skill" is the absolute dumbest skill gain system ever created.  Thank goodness WU is fixing much of what is broken in WO.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 3

ugh... its like people haven't skilled shields... like ever...

Getting to 95+ in a single shield takes EONS of grinding (like actual ingame gameplay) with the old method and based on reports this new system is worse timewise and requires active participation.

It's not a brand new server and i hate to break it to ya but there is plenty of people with tons of shields past 90 already.

Scaling it up 200% is still a ton of time for any decent result even with the old system.

The people who got 99 overnight was during moments when the code was so broken that it was literally 50x or worse.

I've experienced this myself on various skills but once again im not suggesting stupidly big modifiers to current skillgain.

Anyone remember 29/3? the day people could create any form of item and it gave ludicrous ammount of skill.

Noone was nerfed. People got 90 in crafting skills overnight. even priests.

Edited by Zekezor

Why would Freedom Chaos players want to merge into Epic when as a Chaoser they can freely enter Freedom unlike you Epicers

• Like 1

Talks of merging do not belong in this thread, it's off-topic. This is also not your skirmishes post. PvP banter/arguments do not belong here.

Re: Ramping up - it's always easier to give than to take. We've seen that a number of times over the last year. So let's go slow and give as needed rather than give too much and have to take.

We are working on rolling out a hotfix for a number of issues reported:

• Horses will like mixed grass once again.
  • Hot creatures will not pre-cook their meat anymore (so you can bin it)
  • TAKE will not be a demanding task anymore. Unless you drink too much and fall over. Can't help you there.
  • Foraging will no longer yield antimatter goods.
  • Other things - Retro is better at this stuff.
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

We are working on rolling out a hotfix for a number of issues reported:

• Horses will like mixed grass once again.
  • Hot creatures will not pre-cook their meat anymore (so you can bin it)
  • TAKE will not be a demanding task anymore. Unless you drink too much and fall over. Can't help you there.
  • Foraging will no longer yield antimatter goods.
  • Other things - Retro is better at this stuff.

Any ETA for when WU gets updated? I know there's a delay between developers shipping updates to Steam and Steam posting them, but I'm quite antsy to plant some new crops.

2 minutes ago, Skaggins said:

Any ETA for when WU gets updated? I know there's a delay between developers shipping updates to Steam and Steam posting them, but I'm quite antsy to plant some new crops.

I don't have an ETA outside of saying a few weeks at this point. I do have some bugfixes staged, but they're very small and don't really make for a full update. We're getting through this major roll-out, then have a few things to handle so that WU actually updates properly - there are database changes related to cooking, so we need to solve those problems or we risk breaking old servers.

Retrograde will be given a firm date as soon as we have one.

• Like 1

Seem to be getting ignored with an answer to a problem being raised up in ts/within JK community on epic

What about the stamina situation with epic tho...Again, high end accounts with high mining/digging are kinda gimped when gaining stamina vs accounts with low mining/digging...Can there be some skill boost / injection for those with high mining/digging?

If not, then this is kinda broke/unattended?

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

220 post thread from over 2 years ago (2014).

Thread from about a half year ago where you yourself aknowledge the inbalance. Took quite some time to fix it.

Know what the sad part is?

we can see the code now.

newVal = (int)(5000.0F * items[x].getCurrentQualityLevel() / 100.0F);
mod = 2.0F;

Could have changed the 5000 into lets say 1000 or 2500. or optionally change the modifier.

Instant fix. Found the exact code that needs alteration in a minute.

Still took years to balance it. Hard work right?

2 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Seem to be getting ignored with an answer to a problem being raised up in ts/within JK community on epic

If not, then this is kinda broke/unattended?

we'll look at it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Epic: Restrictions on dragon armour imping have been removed. Dragon armours are now improved with leather like Freedom servers.

Budda, now I'm not going to say marry me, I wouldn't say that, no that's not right.  What I'm trying to say, as a friend, is that I honestly think you're alright

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Keenan said:
  • Other things - Retro is my human shield.

If we pull cooked meat out of the FSB, it's just "meat". How will this be categorized for recipe purposes?

Pulling cooked meat out of FSBs should give you raw, basic (untyped) meat.  This should work fine for any recipe that doesn't call for a specific type of meat (which is the vast majority).

• Like 1

why keep any friendly missions on homeservers, what was wanted was an all out removal of friendly missions, not just some

getting the chaos drake/scale improve system was never asked for neither on the forums or in the ts talks

• Epic: improved Scenario point reward for slaying missions

same with this, what was asked for was improved rewards for enemy missions on homeservers

How do you determine suggestions and the talks we had, do you discuss it in the office or in the staff channels? Because there hasn't been a single implementation into epic from any decent or popular suggestion, but there's been tons of which wasn't discussed and which hasn't been run through public channels, i'd take a look on the people who you are depending on for pvp related changes because the last 1-2 years or so have been the reason why the population dipped, they're not wanted, they're not good for pvp health or for population health, and some freedom staff living on epic/chaos either won't understand the dynamics or simply don't want any changes that improves pvp

either way don't bet on anyone returning to epic or wurm in general with minor changes 

Edited by changer
  • Like 3

Ok, so I tried to seal my wine barrels that had wine from before the update. it's not working. If I try to seal it on the ground with a peg it won't give me the option. If I pick it up and try to seal it in inventory, it gives me the options but says it must be on the ground to do this.

48 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

Pulling cooked meat out of FSBs should give you raw, basic (untyped) meat.  This should work fine for any recipe that doesn't call for a specific type of meat (which is the vast majority).

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure. 

Cumin and turmeric?! UGH! Next thing you know there will be cilantro.

I'm pretty grossed out that the meats will remind you if you're eating human or humanoid.    :P

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this