Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Online 1.3 update Patch Notes (22/NOV/16)

I get [18:58:02] You are so bloated you cannot bring yourself to drink any thing else. when trying to drink source when full on water, can that be added to the exception list for drinking when full?

• Like 2

A great update! Thank you to the Development team and everyone involved in the planning/testing and release!

Lots of new content to explore and wrap my head around, many hours/days of sand-box style fun to be had.

Cheers

Indeed, from what I see in the chat channels it's overall a well received update. Thanks and congratulations to the development team.

I can't make a pig-on-a-stick. Branch activated + use on pig corpse, I get no option. Am I doing it right?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Czar said:

I can't make a pig-on-a-stick. Branch activated + use on pig corpse, I get no option. Am I doing it right?

Some corpses did not work. I didn't pay very close attention, but I do believe if they were not old or older, they would not go on the stick. I killed 5 pigs while out hunting and only 2 would roast. Turn the younger ones into bacon!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 2:23 AM, Audrel said:

Some corpses did not work. I didn't pay very close attention, but I do believe if they were not old or older, they would not go on the stick. I killed 5 pigs while out hunting and only 2 would roast. Turn the younger ones into bacon!

The bug has been reported on the bug forums and has been reproduced and the devs have identified the issue.  It has nothing to do with age, so until the fix is patched, just keep trying other pigs, sheep and rats.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147396-bug-some-of-the-raw-roast-animal-recipes-have-issues/

The cooking update is a wonderful, impressive and appreciated amount of work - well done!

Unfortunately my happiness and gratitude has been damaged by a change the devs have seen fit to make which I can only describe as stupidly cruel or cruelly stupid - fruit presses, cheese drills, and I suspect rope tools and who knows what else are no longer usable through the crafting window. Which means you can no longer process large amounts of raw materials into their various products without hurting fingers, mouse and brain, being forced once again to do countless actions where a single click was previously mercifully available.

I don't know why they do things like this, and in the many years I've been playing and paying Wurm, they've done such things often, but every time they do, it makes me question their intelligence, their intentions and my interest in Wurm. Why do they hate us so much, why do they punish us for no apparent reason? It boggles the mind.

I guess we don't get to have something inspired and wonderful without being given something terrible, or having something good taken away. Disappointing in an otherwise fantastic update.

12 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

The cooking update is a wonderful, impressive and appreciated amount of work - well done!

Unfortunately my happiness and gratitude has been damaged by a change the devs have seen fit to make which I can only describe as stupidly cruel or cruelly stupid - fruit presses, cheese drills, and I suspect rope tools and who knows what else are no longer usable through the crafting window. Which means you can no longer process large amounts of raw materials into their various products without hurting fingers, mouse and brain, being forced once again to do countless actions where a single click was previously mercifully available.

I don't know why they do things like this, and in the many years I've been playing and paying Wurm, they've done such things often, but every time they do, it makes me question their intelligence, their intentions and my interest in Wurm. Why do they hate us so much, why do they punish us for no apparent reason? It boggles the mind.

I guess we don't get to have something inspired and wonderful without being given something terrible, or having something good taken away. Disappointing in an otherwise fantastic update.

essentially anything that now works as a recipe rather than crafting uses the right click menu.

This is being looked at and we'll be looking to reintroduce those into the crafting window, but the main reason is recipe/cooking is not the same as crafting (two seperate systems)

Patience, this will be rectified.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

essentially anything that now works as a recipe rather than crafting uses the right click menu.

This is being looked at and we'll be looking to reintroduce those into the crafting window, but the main reason is recipe/cooking is not the same as crafting (two seperate systems)

Patience, this will be rectified.

So it is an unmentioned but unintended consequence of the new cooking system, this is understandable and knowing it is being looked into in terms of rectification reduces the pain somewhat. Thank-you very much.

That need to be fixed...   its total nerf.... also why cant chop meat via crafting window?

Edited by Sila

I now get 1/10 the skill gain I was getting before 1.3, I have tried difficulties up to 20 over my skill and down to 10 less. Am I missing something?

Sign in to follow this