Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Online 1.3 update Patch Notes (22/NOV/16)

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

Has there been a change to farm crop quality snuck in?

I'm waiting for the outrage on the forums and for Retrograde to be metaphorically lynched for not warning anyone, but I guess everyone is too busy playing with cooking to notice. Grab yer popcorn (is there a recipe in wurm for this?)

If you want to go play epic please do so but don't try and close chaos in the meantime some of us like chaos. 

Chaos will be a museum/hunting ground, you'll finally be able to come off deed and see the rest of chaos. +1

Fats – high bar increases favour regeneration also used to reduce sleep bar drain.

Um, just how/what does it affect sb usage/drain?

@Retrograde So players on epic with 99 mining 99 digging just got screwed out of body stamina, you get charastics based on the skill you have, so high level players now have a gimped account stamina wise - could you consider a skill token that looks at the digging/minning and applies the skill?

• Like 6

-1 to Mclovin.  Stop begging for the biggest skill gain exploit of them all by asking for Epic and Chaos to merge.  You chose to play on Epic for increased skill gain knowing they are separate.  Endure the Freedom grind like the rest of us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

-1 to Mclovin.  Stop begging for the biggest skill gain exploit of them all by asking for Epic and Chaos to merge.  You chose to play on Epic for increased skill gain knowing they are separate.  Endure the Freedom grind like the rest of us.

Erm, grinding to 70 meditation on epic is the same as going to 80-90 on Freedom, you should learn how the curve works before making yourself look stupid, I'm having fun with the "freedom" grind, it's really easy at 80 PlateSmith because I ain't grinding as if I'm 95, so yeah nice and easy. 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

Erm, grinding to 70 meditation on epic is the same as going to 80-90 on Freedom, you should learn how the curve works before making yourself look stupid.

More like grinding 80-90 medition on epic is the same as going to 70 on Freedom

• Like 1

Some of you freedomers dont have a clue or? Should check facts before you think epic is ezz, epic is hard as hell and noone to talk with either

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chrisyou said:

The curve gives you skill tick frequency based on your effective skill, so at 70 skill you get tick frequency of a 90 skill.

So from 1-60~ epic is easier from 60-70+ it becomes much harder.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chrisyou said:

No, lol. i got 2 friends that went from 1-70 meditation in 6-9 months on epic, 60-70 on epic is like 2 months

They went from 60-70 on freedom in 3 weeks. 

There is a big misconception about epic skill rates, it's a curve, so you start fast and end up reallllllly slow :P 

FYI, they DONE THE SAME GRIND on their epic/Freedom combo accounts, they're gone on both clusters with the same accounts.

Love how RandomHero is pressing like but will come back trying to talk facts about pvp/dr/NUMBERS and can't understand how a curve works. Nerfing that opinion 100%

Edited by Mclovin

Lets not argued about shat that the devs can prove quite quickly but havnt because there is no need THERE WILL NOT BE A MERGE.  Some people decided to play on epic some have decided to play on chaos. I love chaos for what it is even if its a bit of a shathole. I wouldn't even think for a second if chaos were pulled from freedom cluster into epic I would sell in a heartbeat. 

You want epic there are changes being made go play epic. If you don't then stop complaining about it. 

Now that this big food update is done pvp changes might be in the works next?

4 minutes ago, Chrisyou said:

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

The curve gives you skill tick frequency based on your effective skill, so at 70 skill you get tick frequency of a 90 skill.

So from 1-60~ epic is easier from 60-70+ it becomes much harder.

actually, meditation is a bit different than most skills because it doesn't have the boosted skill tick size. so therefore you're given the same exact tick size as freedom on epic, but frequency is based off of your effective level

[2016-11-03] [04:13:57] Meditating increased by 0.2168 to 29.9062 //freedom tick size with SB

[2016-10-09] [14:57:45] Meditating increased by 0.2026 to 29.4899 // epic tick size with SB

Can confirm about meditation, 1-70 on epic is roughly similar to 1-80 on freedom, give or take a week.

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

actually, meditation is a bit different than most skills because it doesn't have the boosted skill tick size. so therefore you're given the same exact tick size as freedom on epic, but frequency is based off of your effective level

[2016-11-03] [04:13:57] Meditating increased by 0.2168 to 29.9062 //freedom tick size with SB

[2016-10-09] [14:57:45] Meditating increased by 0.2026 to 29.4899 // epic tick size with SB

Right that's what I said exactly lol?

"The curve gives you skill tick frequency based on your effective skill"

"

2 minutes ago, RandomHero said:

Now that this big food update is done pvp changes might be in the works next?

yeah its called a chaos to epic merge. It isn't about the cluster it's about consolidating the pvp community to one server and being able to apply mechanics freely which won't ###### up the bigger player population; Freedom - both will be independant on mechanics so both will grow/strive. Epic will literally become Chaos or something better, you're happy staying on a dead map but your voice will be outspoken by the masses, even freedom, who want their mechanics seperate to ours. Guess what, that isn't going to happen on Chaos. 

Just now, Darklords said:

Right that's what I said exactly lol?

"The curve gives you skill tick frequency based on your effective skill"

"

No, its not what you said. You stated meditating on Epic is easier 1-60, and its not. Its worse. At no point is Epic ever easier for meditating. It does not benefit from any skill tick size boost, therefore stating it is easier is blatantly wrong.

"So from 1-60~ epic is easier from 60-70+ it becomes much harder. "

• Like 2

I don't think Dark was talking about Meditation at first but the general epic curve itself, but it's good to see you have driven the point further by saying Meditation is actually just point blank harder through-out, not even in the lower levels is it easier, so yeah that works differnt to the other skills, didn't know that. 

So tldr freedom; we grind harder. 

Edited by Mclovin

Just now, platinumteef said:

No, its not what you said. You stated meditating on Epic is easier 1-60, and its not. Its worse. At no point is Epic ever easier for meditating. It does not benefit from any skill tick size boost, therefore stating it is easier is blatantly wrong.

"So from 1-60~ epic is easier from 60-70+ it becomes much harder. "

I didn't compare it to anything XD I was mentioning that from 1-60 meditation on epic isn't that bad, 60-70+ epic becomes something you want to  kill your self over because of the curve. How hard is that to understand?

50 minutes of hunting gets me 0.015 large shield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow what a boost !!!!!!!! Great job. Now i only need 10 years to get 90 Large shield skill.

• Like 3

we just passionate and excited you guys created hype

Edited by Mclovin

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

alright alright, let's calm down.

no way buddy

this is a fruitful discussion totally related to 1.3 update changes :D

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

50 minutes of hunting gets me 0.015 large shield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow what a boost !!!!!!!! Great job. Now i only need 10 years to get 90 Large shield skill.

yeah, the frequency of the ticks seems extremely low, like you would have to deliberately take the 10minutes beating per mob to get anywhere (and you still wouldnt get far) tested with 1ql, 12ql, 20ql and 30ql shield earlier on a few different mobs. 1ql shield gave me the best gains for my level, but I was spending too much time repairing and was taking too much damage from the monsters for it to be effective (60 body strength non sotg, non sorcery item character wearing standard 80ql plate)

Edited by platinumteef

skill per tick can be ramped up if need be. We'll continue to look at it.

make sure you report what ql shield you're using and what enchant, as well as sb or not

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this