Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Why I quit Wurm PvP

8 hours ago, Emoo said:

I think that's entirely possible, I'd love to be able to continue with the Fosters Brewery series :) 

especially now there's so many more things to brew!

• Like 3

at least get your facts straight. the stuff about a fake facebook page, "Going as far as infecting personal computers with RATs (Remote Administration Tools, that's to say, viruses)" you are literally just making things up at this point to try and smear people lol

Edited by dingov
  • Like 10

22 minutes ago, Jberg said:

Going as far as infecting personal computers with RATs (Remote Administration Tools, that's to say, viruses) over a damned game is just so far beyond acceptable that I sincerely hope that anyone participating in this finds themselves caught by the Authorities and serve time for it. I sincerely hope your lives are ruined by the criminal act that were perpetrated, and that justice will be served.

If you condone this attack with "your forum should have had better security", then I have to question your moral integrity to a severe degree! If you see an unlocked bike leaned against a wall, do you go "lol, you should have worked on your security" and take off with it? What does that make you?

I'm so disgusted by this. Go to jail. Do not pass go.

TBF, I feel like some of this is pretty heavily exaggerated having known the people who were involved in this. I mean im not denying anything happened as i don't know, but i just find it funny how every time a post like this is made something new comes up related to it.

My biggest issue with this video is that it paints JK in a bad light as a whole because of three individuals actions and conveniently ignores all the metagaming, exploits, and stolen accounts used to garner success for MR.

But as i can't actually comment on that because if i include video proof, audio proof, ingame chatlogs, or proof from your forums i will get banned from the forums and subject to severe moderation ingame regardless of the source and i can't post it without the proof as it will get removed because it contains no proof. So, toodles. Apparently you can't win here and it's saddening to me that this is allowed to stay up simply because a post from the staff was made about the subject, but nobody can comment on anything else because it was handled through the forums and the games but not announced publicly.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 15

Since when is not changing passwords hacking? From what I've heard, it was a old password that did all of that. And don't go indirectly blaming an ENTIRE kingdom for it.  

There has always been 'metagaming' on pvp servers, and it is a side of the game I've not wanted to participate in. Those responsible of the actions Emoo speaks of are not real pplayers, they are cowards. To threaten the family of an active player simply due to their being part of a different kingdom goes beyond gaming and becomes a criminal act. Quite simply, disgusting.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

TBF, I feel like some of this is pretty heavily exaggerated having known the people who were involved in this. I mean im not denying anything happened as i don't know, but i just find it funny how every time a post like this is made something new comes up related to it.

My biggest issue with this video is that it paints JK in a bad light as a whole because of three individuals actions and conveniently ignores all the metagaming, exploits, and stolen accounts used to garner success for MR.

But as i can't actually comment on that because if i include video proof, audio proof, ingame chatlogs, or proof from your forums i will get banned from the forums and subject to severe moderation ingame regardless of the source and i can't post it without the proof as it will get removed because it contains no proof. So, toodles. Apparently you can't win here and it's saddening to me that this is allowed to stay up simply because a post from the staff was made about the subject, but nobody can comment on anything else because it was handled through the forums and the games but not announced publicly.

Why are there two sides to this? Seriously? I don't understand why you're getting so defensive and getting "likes" here. You're friends were wrong, that goes beyond pvp metagaming espionage to a whole new level. If this was a JK attack to MR & Freedom accounts it's awful to say it nice. I have a feeling they tried to attack rich players that were once part of that kingdom that are now on freedom and the majority of MR. You're friends are the worst type of people of the earth. I'm glad I don't use same password or I'd of been hacked no doubt.

I really hope all these players were caught, no doubt they will find a way to play again and keep on attacking we need to be vigilant as ever.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

There has always been 'metagaming' on pvp servers, and it is a side of the game I've not wanted to participate in. Those responsible of the actions Emoo speaks of are not real pplayers, they are cowards. To threaten the family of an active player simply due to their being part of a different kingdom goes beyond gaming and becomes a criminal act. Quite simply, disgusting.

Last time I checked accusing someone of something is not the same as proof.

9 minutes ago, Niki said:

Why are there two sides to this? Seriously? I don't understand why you're getting so defensive and getting "likes" here. You're friends were wrong, that goes beyond pvp metagaming espionage to a whole new level. If this was a JK attack to MR & Freedom accounts it's awful to say it nice. I have a feeling they tried to attack rich players that were once part of that kingdom that are now on freedom and the majority of MR. You're friends are the worst type of people of the earth. I'm glad I don't use same password or I'd of been hacked no doubt.

I really hope all these players were caught, no doubt they will find a way to play again and keep on attacking we need to be vigilant as ever.

It's because the incidents that occured to me and around me werent investigated for more than five minutes and the players involved are still playing despite a precedent set for the punishments. I find it incredibly unfair how some people are allowed to break the rules publicly and other are not. That is what pisses me off about this more than anything.

Plus, whether intentional or not, he goes out of his way to shame an entire kingdom over the actions of a few.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

proof from your forums i will get banned from the forums and subject to severe moderation ingame regardless of the source and i can't post it without the proof as it will get removed because it contains no proof. So, toodles. Apparently you can't win here and it's saddening to me that this is allowed to stay up simply because a post from the staff was made about the subject, but nobody can comment on anything else because it was handled through the forums and the games but not announced publicly.

screenshots from a forum can be easily faked, you don't even need knowledge on how to code or finding the right font on photoshop. 

see image below 

Spoiler

yF3kUtS.png

• Like 1

Doesnt that mean you can just fake it and make a video of it ? 

56 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

While I do not condone hacking in any form *read stop*. "ahem" This is the logical next step in the evolution of warfare on chaos, it was bound to happen. Chaos is all about bending the rules to get an advantage and there are very smart people there. When you have a server that looks for advantages by bending the rules, then things get very blurry in the supposed anonymity of the online world. All parties feel wronged and feel they have a "right" to avenge those wrongs by any means at their disposal. I don't for one minute condone what some of the folks in JK did in this hacking incident, nor do I condone some of the things MR has done on wild. Just because you "can" do something doesn't make it a good idea. But on wild, might makes right.

Coming from someone that's an outsider to Chaos, I must say that this post, is about as correct as it can get. I've always said it: Bad people chose to play in Chaos instead of Freedom. And that's good, because it keeps Freedom clean. Chaos is needed to filter out those individuals out of the main servers.

Evil can't be removed, thus it shall be quaranined ;)

Edited by Electionem

Chaos community lost a lot with you leaving Emoo.

Sad to say that I wish more had been done sooner :/ if this behaviour was stamped on the first time it emerged, then perhaps the people responsible and involved with the most recent heinous act would not have done it.

Its a shame that winning and being good at a game can place a target on your head for cheating and metagaming. It's just how the internet is I suppose.

For me personally I gave up on this game once being a successful leader of the most successful community in the game pained a big red x on your head to be exposed to this kind of metagaming. I'm sure a lot of high up leaders of MR would understand what I mean. It only made this game make me feel nervous when playing, with the warning of real life implications if I ticked off my virtual enemies too much.

My 2c anyway, best of luck with having fun in PvP now that the biggest community has left.

• Like 7

Would it be classed as meta gaming when you buy accounts from other kingdoms with the hope of stealing anything possible before you get caught, and inviting players to the deed to destroy them or convert deeds that would otherwise not be possible? Or finding out someones job and harassing them about it both inside and outside of the game at their workplace? Where do you draw the line?

What those 3 players did is inexcusable, but do not say all of JK did this. Doing such is simply trolling and aiming to incite a reaction, and is against the forum rules.

It is a shame to see Emoo go, though I hope you can find something enjoyable in Wurm Online or Wurm Unlimited!

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 1

seems like jk will win chaos after all then if the rest of mr deeds are disbanded

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sin said:

yea kinda saddening that youre making mr kingdom saints when theres identical cases of account theft, popping longhouses to raid deeds easyer and stuff, you think that didnt burn your enemies out?

This ^ 
In past one of the BL deed's owner account's password was with one of the MR guys. He popped the longhouses, removed templars and then drained the deed till it disbanded.

What has happened with MR is literally because of their own fault. Their own site was not secured. If they shared the passwords in PMs of the wurm forums, and those got hacked, then I guess the wurm team could help in such a situation. But whatever happens outside the realm of wurm is not their responsibility. Players are told again and again not to share passwords.

In simple terms, if my account was taken over by someone because I shared the password somewhere on the internet- and later I complain to the wurm team- I will be told to literally **** off. There would be no support at all. In this scenario it was an entire kingdom and that's why they got the players banned, in any other scenario there would be no help given to the player which is just sad.

• Like 3

And now this is my very personal response to Emoo's video:

"they used this bought account to raid kratos and they stole a bunch of stuff while being the person of the same kingdom without any deed permissions"

-Emoo 2016

http://imgur.com/pWJlb8C

http://imgur.com/oZUQhae

Without any deed permissions ^

"I lost about 200-300 euros worth of stuff" 

-> Emoo your house was empty, there was probably a cart in it that i didnt even care to look at. If you are talking about the hota statues then I guess yea. You got them for free anyways, and they are kingdom property.

"My villagers lost about 2000-3000 euros worth of stuff"

-> Red's house literally had nothing, just bunch of wine.

All in all there were just 2 drake sets in the deed that I got my hands on and 2-3 HOTA statues.

This is the amount of lies this guy has up his sleeves. Do not show any sympathy to this liar. He and his kingdom literally got me banned for no reason. I broke no rules and still these guys mass reported me to GMs for months!! Showing any sympathy to these liars is just a fool's mistake!

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 3

2000-3000 euros lol
sorry if your friends told you they lost that much they lied to you and probably just sold their stuff emoo
classic MR

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Soil said:

2000-3000 euros lol
sorry if your friends told you they lost that much they lied to you and probably just sold their stuff emoo
classic MR

He is himself blatantly lying. He says so confidently that they had perfect permissions on kratos which they didn't. Isn't he the deed owner of Kratos? Shouldn't he know for himself what permissions do what? 

This is the level we are at people! The chaos community was sick and tired of Empire of Mol Rehan. No matter what anyone says, I will always say that this entire situation was their own fault. Chaos community is happy to get rid of the parasite that Empire of Mol Rehan was! They only cared about dominating the server and never pvp. All they liked to do was flatten deeds, abuse bugs, and blatantly lie like one of their so called "Warlord Emoo" is doing in this video. 

If anyone wants to enjoy the chaos pvp without any "deed flattening" or such practices, join one of the active kingdoms today! We pvp everyday, there is only good sportsmanship and no drama!

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

I can 100% agree with this guy. The entire kingdom of MR is ready to lie at any point of time and about anything. They will accuse anyone of anything to get their way. 

Wow, couldn't see that coming? You agreeing one of the guys that did it. "get their way"? MR pretty much own the map anyway and disbanding MR and leaving the server is hardly getting their way.

I don't agree with blaming the a whole kingdom, but the people who did this should be embarrassed. They may think they are pretty awesome for doing what they did, but in the end all they did was hurt the game. I see lots of likes on these comments for and against just for sake of kingdom, but put yourself in the shoes of the people stolen from and stolen from to this extent. People have been stolen from for a lot less and quit the game completely. Emoo is not the only one leaving chaos, the majority of MR have, but they are still planning to play the game.

For me If i was associated with the people that did this I wouldn't continue to do so. I am a pretty fair guy, but going this far doing the things they did (The 3) would put me off these people for good. Will these guys continue to be in JK? I dont know. Could you stand to be in the same kingdom with them? 

What i'd like to know, do these people regret doing it now? 

The world is made up of all kinda of people.

• Like 1

so apparently you abused some permissions bug "coughmrbscough"

did you show those screenshots to GM's?

• Like 1

I want to point out that its funny people are crying that the forum dump is a phishing site when it, really isn't? and is only made public for people to read up on the in-kingdom macroing incidents that MR GMs also had prior knowledge of. There is no information necessary to type in, none required to view the forum in its entirety, it is not a phishing site lol.

It's funny that is considered a phishing site, when a player in your kingdom is responsible for starting up Black Legion's old website as a malicious phishing site. A kingdom that your own players so despised and spoke so much trash about that it leaked from your own forum into ingame harassment, just because of his sexuality.

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 10

53 minutes ago, Redd said:

Its a shame that winning and being good at a game can place a target on your head for cheating and metagaming. It's just how the internet is I suppose.

The whole hacking event was a really shitty thing.

But I want to make this 100% clear.

You guys had your ###### kicked in long before this event and had lost countless deeds and didnt show your faces outside of deeds.

You had lost tremendous ammount of territory and your morale was in the gutter with people abandoning the kingdom for freedom.

But none the less, the whole hacking event was shitty. But don't go prancing around saying you were winning, ya guys were losing big time.

• Like 11

Emoo your words and face are kind.. thank you for making this video... 

1 minute ago, Milosanx said:

Wow, couldn't see that coming? You agreeing one of the guys that did it. "get their way"? MR pretty much own the map anyway and disbanding MR and leaving the server is hardly getting their way.

I don't agree with blaming the a whole kingdom, but the people who did this should be embarrassed. They may think they are pretty awesome for doing what they did, but in the end all they did was hurt the game. I see lots of likes on these comments for and against just for sake of kingdom, but put yourself in the shoes of the people stolen from and stolen from to this extent. People have been stolen from for a lot less and quit the game completely. Emoo is not the only one leaving chaos, the majority of MR have, but they are still planning to play the game.

For me If i was associated with the people that did this I wouldn't continue to do so. I am a pretty fair guy, but going this far doing the things they did (The 3) would put me off these people for good. Will these guys continue to be in JK? I dont know. Could you stand to be in the same kingdom with them? 

What i'd like to know, do these people regret doing it now? 

The world is made up of all kinda of people.

afaik from ts bants "they" or whoever actually accessed the forum got access because some smart goy uploaded a picture of their forum account details and decided to share it, which according to official wurm rules isn't a problem since wurm isn't responsible for your irresponsibility, yet these players got banned 

more proof for the biased reality of wurm

• Like 1