Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Chicken Coop, a idea to fix a broken system.

I'm sure a lot of you seen me spam my chicken coop suggestion quite often in GLFreedom. However i'm not really trolling when I say it, chickens are seriously broken right now. While the cooking update has provided an alternative way to get eggs from foraging, it still would be nice to have a system that is slightly better.

c716d54ef55d74fb73d214094d3d851f.png

In real life people build chicken coops. Chickens go inside to nest and lay eggs and hide from predators. Basically what I'm suggesting here is you build a coop, lead some hens and maybe a rooster near it. Chickens over time will feed from it, and eggs will be popping up inside the chicken coop. The chicken coop provides a way to get eggs and feed your chickens easier. Maybe you could even reduce the effect at which they eat grass.

So why add a chicken coop? It's simple really, the system is really bugged bad at the moment, eggs do not get laid when people have them stored on the server, say in a magic chest, there seems to be a certain number of eggs at any given time.

Thanks.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 3

Switching to a deed-based egg cap instead of a world-cap would probably fix the biggest issue. Chickens only lay on deed, each deed can have a certain number of loose (not in fsb) eggs per deed tile, and off-deed eggs decay quickly.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

thats not a bug

Okay? I understand you guys want to control animal caps, but is a few chickens really going to break the servers?  You could just make the chance of them being fertile extremely low. 

16 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Switching to a deed-based egg cap instead of a world-cap would probably fix the biggest issue. Chickens only lay on deed, each deed can have a certain number of loose (not in fsb) eggs per deed tile, and off-deed eggs decay quickly.

They lay eggs off deed too, but require to be full and fed

11 minutes ago, Niki said:

Okay? I understand you guys want to control animal caps, but is a few chickens really going to break the servers?  You could just make the chance of them being fertile extremely low. 

The issue is with how the eggs work, which could do with some change, but assuming the system is broken or bugged is incorrect.

34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

They lay eggs off deed too, but require to be full and fed

Then having a separate cap for off-deed eggs would nip any abusive behavior  and/or server overload in the bud I'd think.

lots of recipes with eggs, i don't forage enough eggs to make a lot of recipes, this suggestion has a lot of merit still. Thinking bees but chickens.

i prefer cage free eggs any penning or caging is animal cruelty 

• Like 3

My Lila will never be caged! Chickens have rights too! Caging starts with 'C' and so does Cruelty!

fa4116002c.jpg

The idea is alright, but I would prefer an egg-to-deed ratio instead of the coop.

I'm not sure what server you are on.  But since the patch, my two chickens have been laying 1 or 2 eggs per day.  (small confession- before patch I had ignored them and they weren't fed)  But still I must have gotten 10 plus eggs from them since the update.  I don't know if the eggs hatching has increased though.  I don't generally leave any to hatch.

Edit.  I am on Xanadu

Edited by Pashka

I have yet to see eggs from my hen (xanadu), the coop sounds like a good idea if the chicken is to the coop as the queen bee is to a hive. Then fill it with some feed so the chicken(s) don't die.

sounds like a great idea. I loved my in game chickens so much I got real ones now. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, vinius said:

Where are the chicken coops?

+1

On 11/22/2016 at 2:46 AM, Niki said:

So why add a chicken coop? It's simple really, the system is really bugged bad at the moment, eggs do not get laid when people have them stored on the server, say in a magic chest, there seems to be a certain number of eggs at any given time.

I didn't know there seems to be some eggs cap per server. If there is, this suggestion doesn't address it, does it?

Would like a "coop" for the looks, though.

I'm guessing creating a yard with chicken and a coop might bump into a higher chance of disease, since they might "prefer" the coop tile, or go there in the same time.

Too many chickens in a coop can create disease in real life so this would be a great addition.  and eggs that would hatch in a coop with a higher chance of hatching. 

Please Please.

Would love some nice things for us passive players. Tired of all the updates being for PVP and rifts and looting. 

On 11/27/2016 at 0:35 PM, Jibberish said:

My Lila will never be caged! Chickens have rights too! Caging starts with 'C' and so does Cruelty!

fa4116002c.jpg

The idea is alright, but I would prefer an egg-to-deed ratio instead of the coop.

You can free range chickens but still have a coop.  This would safely keep eggs and keep the chicken healthier.

well I'd be wary of putting chickens in something that rhymes with poop however, I had a traumatic event back when xanadu opened.   i had a gaggle of eggs, who were lovingly named by a nefarious neighbor and gingerly placed about an enclosure to be born of all their god given opportunities and life potentials to the height their genetic coding and game coding allowed.  Then it happened.  I'm not sure what he could have been, but in utero, arthur met his demise.  Res ipsa loquitur  Not cause he wasn't strong of heart or will but because of pig behavior.  Someone was being a pig.   Well literally.  a pig somehow weedled and winkled his way inside and first thing he did is threw that egg into his crevasse/gullet/maw/chasm/...dumpster/eviscerator  and arthor was no more.  If there had only been a coop!!

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

well I'd be wary of putting chickens in something that rhymes with poop however, I had a traumatic event back when xanadu opened.   i had a gaggle of eggs, who were lovingly named by a nefarious neighbor and gingerly placed about an enclosure to be born of all their god given opportunities and life potentials to the height their genetic coding and game coding allowed.  Then it happened.  I'm not sure what he could have been, but in utero, arthur met his demise.  Res ipsa loquitur  Not cause he wasn't strong of heart or will but because of pig behavior.  Someone was being a pig.   Well literally.  a pig somehow weedled and winkled his way inside and first thing he did is threw that egg into his crevasse/gullet/maw/chasm/...dumpster/eviscerator  and arthor was no more.  If there had only been a coop!!

Excuse me, his name was Lester. How very dare you forget that.