Sign in to follow this  
GoldFever

Price of Animal Parts

Overlooked in today's events is what appears to me to be a buff to the income that can be earned hunting or animal farming.

Even basic paws are going to be worth maybe 4s per thousand if you are using a decent butchering knife.  Not sure what they were worth before as I had never considered their favor value.  But seeing the table really made it clear, they have a fair bit of value now.  High ql glands could be worth as much as 13s per thousand on the favor market.

Even if you think they will only be worth about 1/2 the current standard favor prices, that is still a lot of value.

Animal parts aren't realistic as a mass producing method for favor. There is absolutely no way priest demand could be met by hunter production.

Instead, in all likelihood, Nahjo priests will bite their tongue and use chopped vegetables at a drastically reduced return, or they will convert to another priest to enjoy their double bonus.

I'm already planning out contingencies where I convert to Fo to make use of cloth squares. This way I only take a minor hit in capacity, rather than the gargantuan one currently and thoughtlessly proposed to Nahjo priests.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Should have made salt the double favor item.

I will harvest, and test. I have some parts saved up. I collect parts. Maybe the king wants some parts.

On 21.11.2016 at 5:04 AM, Dairuka said:

Animal parts aren't realistic as a mass producing method for favor. There is absolutely no way priest demand could be met by hunter production.

Hmm... so none of the higher potency animal bits are easily breedable?

Although I agree HC's as favor source wouldnt cross my mind as an option even if high HC potency bits would be easily breedable with decent headcount... and I would choose between doorlocks, cordages and choppies depending which would have its underlying logistics at best shape.

Edited by Raybarg

2 hours ago, Raybarg said:

Hmm... so none of the higher potency animal bits are easily breedable?

Although I agree HC's as favor source wouldnt cross my mind as an option even if high HC potency bits would be easily breedable with decent headcount... and I would choose between doorlocks, cordages and choppies depending which would have its underlying logistics at best shape.

If I don't miss a single cast timer, I can cast Dirt (Spell), 360 times costing 7200 favor in total. Assuming 90ql corn (9 favor per), this meant I required 800 crops per hour. (Valued at 0.80s per hour)

In the best case scenario, being 90ql glands (13.5 favor per), this would mean I'd require 533.33 glands per hour to maintain capacity. (Valued anywhere between 5.3s and 10.6s... Good luck with that.)

In the worst case scenario, being chopped vegetables (Average QL of 90, at 30 cooking/90ql corn 5.625 favor per), this would mean I'd require 1280 chopped vegetables per hour to maintain capacity. (Valued at 2.56s including actions at 10i each, 1.280s including only materials.)

Butchered items are not a feasible way to mass produce. The price of them alone is exhorbitant enough to be prohibitive as an alternative to simply purchase them.

Given the lack of a proper double favor item, this means I'd be forced to use either Cloth Squares (Average QL of 78 at 90ql skill/90ql Mats or 6.084 favor per) requiring only 1183.43 cloth squares per hour (Valued at 2.71686s including actions, 0.35s including only materials.)), or Yoyos (Average QL of 74.1 at 90ql skill/90ql Mats or 5.04931 favor per) requiring about 1425.937 (Valued at about 5.751279 including actions at 10i each, 1.4734s if you only include materials. Much lower if you have your own woodcutter.) . More than likely, it'd be far more efficient to simply abandon Nahjo completely after he gets nuked, and switching to the new Meta of Fo, Pa. Both of which has a double favor, and access to Dirt (Spell) and Life Transfer.

This might seem fair, but you need to remember that Nahjo doesn't get double favor on anything besides Butchering.

Look at the numbers for double favor, such as Fo's Cloth Squares. (Average QL of 78 at 90ql skill/90ql Mats or 12.168 favor per) requiring only 591.7159!!! (Valued at 1.36094s including actions. 0.17751s including only materials)

How about Vynora or Paaweelr's Yoyos. (Average QL of 74.1 at 90ql skill/90ql Mats or 10.98162 favor per) requiring only 655.640971!!!! (Valued at 2.706922913s including actions. 0.74 including materials.)

All of these numbers means the following:

• Nahjo requires 1280 actions to Fo's 1183.4318 actions to get the same favor.
  • Nahjo pays 2.56s including actions, to Fo's 1.36094s including actions.
  • Nahjo requires 1280 actions to Paweelr's 1966.922913 actions to get the same favor.
  • Nahjo pays 2.56s including actions to Paweelr's 2.706922913s including actions.

Nobody is arguing that cropsac needed to be nerfed, but you guys need to recognize what needs to be nerfed, before you blanket nerf Nahjo and Libila into oblivion. The lack of actions and it's relative ease of collecting/cheapness in set QL's was what made it powerful. Not the amount of favor it gave.

Use this outrage as an opportunity to improve quality of life for all casters.

Give us reliable zero-decay storage means for Yoyos and Door Locks. Start tweaking the average QL of Yoyos to bring it in line with the others (It's only valuable if you run a ridiculous treadmill of skills to 90, requiring the most actions, and giving the lowest average QL of the non-universal favor items) Make being a caster more accessible for everyone, by making favor creation and storage less tedious for everyone.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 6

@Dairuka, i'm afraid the core of the issue, is there is simply no

design philosophy

By the way, chopped vegetables will be 6.25 favor at 100ql for nahjo and Libila, not 5, which is still silly though. It's hard to notice, but it is in the updated WSA.

40 minutes ago, zigozag said:

@Dairuka, i'm afraid the core of the issue, is there is simply no

By the way, chopped vegetables will be 6.25 favor at 100ql for nahjo and Libila, not 5, which is still silly though. It's hard to notice, but it is in the updated WSA.

I didn't notice. I just got home. Let me crunch the numbers real quick, and I'll get back to you.

5.625 favor per 90ql. 1280 chopped vegetables per hour. (Valued at 2.56s includin gactions. 1.280s including only materials.)

I'd say they're definitely getting closer. However, the 1:1 material cost per chopped vegetable (Nearly double the cost of using Cotton for Cloth Squares), still keeps the cost of using Nahjo far higher than his contemporary alternative, Fo.

I'd say they'd get it almost perfectly equal if they made it so 1 crop can be chopped twice to create 2 chopped vegetables per crop for 2 actions.

Doing so would mean the material cost for Nahjo would be 1.28s including actions compared to Fo's 1.36094s including actions. The offset for the lower cost would be the fact that you'd need more actions for to get the same favor as a Nahjo. Of course, this only assumes they give Chopped Vegetables a proper form of storage.

The fact they still haven't given Door Locks and Yoyos proper storage boggles my mind. I only let it slide because there were more viable alternatives out there.

I removed the angry comments from my previous post, since I was functioning under old information and a little bit of pent up anger. I'm still a little pissed off they only gave us 2 days to make these cases on a major change like this.

Edited by Dairuka

1 hour ago, Dairuka said:

Give us reliable zero-decay storage means for Yoyos and Door Locks.

Huzzah!

Dairuka to presidentos!

Door locks don't decay, although storing them in satchels and backpacks is not the most comfortable thing in the world.

2 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Door locks don't decay, although storing them in satchels and backpacks is not the most comfortable thing in the world.

satchels will ultimately decay and you be left with a pile of thousands of locks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Satchels are a neat way to maximize your favor per lock (provided you don't accidentally waste any by saccing more favor than your max favor)

However, the option to make things easier to transfer should exist. The outrage surrounding Nahjo should hopefully open their eyes that there is more to balance than nerfing. Boost other forms of favor!

4 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

However, the option to make things easier to transfer should exist. The outrage surrounding Nahjo should hopefully open their eyes that there is more to balance than nerfing. Boost other forms of favor!

Bulk storable door locks! Quality averaging! Beautiful things we should have been having for years.

Just think about it, in your smithy bulkies bin there would be the small nails, large nails, fence bars, etc.. and door locks!!! Oh and on the bin next to the smithy bulkies bin, there is this carpy bulkies bin, where you find ...spindles and yoyos and... other dreams-comes-trues.

• Like 4

100ql chopped garlic (2 potency), sacrificed by Nahjo = 6.25 favor

100ql chopped garlic (2 Potency), sacrificed by Vynora = 5 favor

100ql chopped corn (1 Potency), sacrificed by Nahjo = 6.25 favor

100ql chopped corn (1 Potency), sacrificed by Vynora = 5 favor.

I guess potency is lost when it's chopped.

Using a 90ql knife, with 44 cooking, I appear to be averaging 98ql. For ease of use in future comparisons, I'm going to assume that at 90 cooking skill, the average is a perfect 100ql or 5 favor/6.25 favor per.

Edited by Dairuka

Nice discussion and I'll have to take some time to work through all the math later, but seriously guys, this is wayyyyyy off topic.

My point (and my only point) was that if you go hunting and you get a bunch of animal bits, they may be worth more as favor than just skilling by making healing covers.  Don't just toss them.  That is the point of the thread to make sure people are aware of such.