Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

The History of Libila, 2005-2016 RIP

Priest alts, like anything it depends how bad you want something as to what lengths you will go

On 11/30/2016 at 1:39 PM, SmeJack said:

Like right from the start HoTS is literally the easiest kingdom for a new player to get rolling, they don't ever have to worry about food unless down in a mine and even then they can just time manage heading back out to do other things while food tops up again.

Not anymore, new cooking system made it easy for WL and it's even better option. I destroyed myc in my house bcs buffs you get from eating now are much better then by standing on myc.

They don't ever have to worry about spending hours picking through grass for cotton or making healing covers only to fail applying them. They don't have to worry about growing cotton to heal while skilling fighting related things that they are still not needing to eat while doing because food is absorbed on horseback go figure

We do, having LT weapons actually does what you are saying. Should I say that LT is OP? Picking through grass for hours (it's actually less then hour per day) pays for my upkeep on freedom and i don't have to farm anymore on freedom. What I don't need for cooking i sell to token or use it as favor... every priest can now sac veggies for favor.

HoTS don't have stupid anti pvp mechanics, if you get a moron causing trouble you can deal with them without being blocked or rep converted, This I find a very good reason to be HoTS.

So far I never seen one HotS killing other HotS, maybe I don't play that long, but really great community here. Can't say about other kingdoms or morons you are talking about. I don't see it as killer feature that would make anyone join HotS just bcs of it.

Lib priests have taken some hits for balance purposes but are still decent priests, I would go as far as to say still better than Mag and Vyn but then all original gods are lacking in comparison to player gods. She has a nice combination of offensive spells an aoe and even an aoe dmg/heal not to mention the seriously OP geared zombies, no one cares if you have to find trolls you can even breed them and keep them fresh and alive until time to kill and gear in which case they become way more scary than an actual player since they have nasty weaps plus multiple attacks, yeah you sacrifice the use of a hell horse to have one but this is the cost of a pet for anyone and not every situation needs a hell horse.

Yes we did take a hit form balancing and not just from balancing priests. It's not balancing if you put BL spells in same pool with WL spells for WL playergods. What OP geared zombies? Wasn't zombies nerfed badly? I've seen more ppl use tamed champs, guess it's the easier way.

• Like 1

I spent some time wondering if its worth it to continue answering I keep getting this thought about seeing the forest for the trees and people missing the points about new players not old disgruntled vets.

I don't see how the new cooking system made it easier for WL they still have to eat. I remember when I was a nub I would have to devote an entire night once a week after work to just fishing so I could have enough food for the week, that's one whole night I couldn't enjoy doing anything else. Granted back then there was no mobs around for meat but the point remains that I had no option but to find some way to eat. Did you know that if you don't eat eventually you can not perform most actions because you are too weak? This is not something that BL ever has to worry about, again as I have said yes the new cooking system offers perks but you don't have to do it and if you want them you make them like anyone else but you do still have the option to never worry about eating.

Again I'm talking about new players not grumpy vets, new players with long timers and no LT weapons and you have seen more people use tamed champs with the bl taming nerf sounds like they are putting themselves at a disadvantage on their own.

If you are talking about newbs in first few weeks then you are missing the forest by seeing only first few trees. You as a vet player should know that this game wasn't ment to play for few weeks and long term is that what matters. In a long term investing some time for cooking pays off really high. Getting your HFC to to 30 on Epic gets you to 50 effictive and by 50 effective you can get your all bars filled. I hope you as a GM do understand benefits of new cooking system and what it brings you.

As a new player with 50ql sword you don't go out grinding FS. Please do try, create new BL toon, and go out hunting with 70ql weapon and same RT on it. See how long you'll survive without cotton, how much time it will take you just to heal from myc and how much damage your weapon will take after first hunting session. Even with your experience, not as a completly new player that knows nothing about game.

Why BL use tamed champs instead of zombies? Here's my explanation that might be wrong. With alive champ pened you have it always handy ready to help you in a fight when and if you need him and it will be available after you use it. With zombie you have a nerfed pet that you might need and that will die after 24h. I guess it makes more sense to have always alive champ nearby. Or you are talking here also about newbish players? If you are talking still about newbish players I'm completly lost.

You were a newb loooong time ago and I think your memory faded. And it's really not the same anymore, now and then. Well yeah, it's pretty much the same for BL new players as code prob hasn't been touched for BL since you were newb.

the only issue with bl is the food

you have access to the best gods like everyone else because theyre playergods

zombie trolls with halberds are still retarded, doesnt need to be a champ or anything to hit like a mac truck

Edited by Propheteer

as jk i never really cooked. just working around the deed got you enough sacable rares (dirt/stone/etc) that you never really needed food; each day id fast maybe 1-2 times and sac a rare and i'd be fine.  the only time you cant do actions is between like 8% and 5% food, which takes just a couple minutes and then you fast and you're good to go again

i would not care at all if the nutrition/food from mycelium was removed and some other decent stuff put in instead

1 minute ago, Propheteer said:

you have access to the best gods like everyone else because theyre playergods

devs have been stating lately that hots being anything other than libila is a bug and that we're not supposed to be able to be playergods.  they want to lock us into lib only

Edited by Alexgopen

Yet it is always there as an alternative if you don't feel like cooking even when you have the skill to cook, it is always there as an alternative to cotton or lt. As a noob you have the single best/easiest start in the entire of wurm, when you no longer need these benefits they remain there to fall back on as a vet in a tight situation. As a GM as you point out I do in fact understand the benefits of the new system, I also understand that is your choice to have or not and how you play depends on that choice. I understand that WL players don't have a choice about never eating.

I'm talking about fasting from not eating at all Alex, there comes a point were this is no longer possible and you still have access to those rares as BL.

I do know what it is like to hunt as a new player with noob gear and no cotton in todays wurm both with and without myc.

There is no comparison with a geared zombie pet, if you chose to use regular pets you are disadvantaging yourself. This point isn't about new players, my posts are giving many examples of all kinds of pros that BL has that BL cant seem to see, I can see the forest but single trees are being picked at to claim everything is terrible without understanding what is being said.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Yet it is always there as an alternative if you don't feel like cooking even when you have the skill to cook, it is always there as an alternative to cotton or lt. As a noob you have the single best/easiest start in the entire of wurm, when you no longer need these benefits they remain there to fall back on as a vet in a tight situation. As a GM as you point out I do in fact understand the benefits of the new system, I also understand that is your choice to have or not and how you play depends on that choice. I understand that WL players don't have a choice about never eating.

I'm talking about fasting from not eating at all Alex, there comes a point were this is no longer possible and you still have access to those rares as BL.

I do know what it is like to hunt as a new player with noob gear and no cotton in todays wurm both with and without myc.

There is no comparison with a geared zombie pet, if you chose to use regular pets you are disadvantaging yourself. This point isn't about new players, my posts are giving many examples of all kinds of pros that BL has that BL cant seem to see, I can see the forest but single trees are being picked at to claim everything is terrible without understanding what is being said.

Healing from myc is a hots benefit, not libila, and the follower benefit of nutrition/food from myc is of marginal utility.  Choosing a zombie pet over a hellhorse is suicide as well

Meanwhile lib's only faith passive is woohoo myc food which nobody actually cares about, but all of the other gods have several useful faith passives. (examples: +25% dmg, passive res stone, +25% skillgain in fighting related skills, +10% skillgain across all skills, passive animals)

If we are to be locked into libila as our only option for a faith, then it should at least be on par with the other gods.

You can even take away the myc food passive because players already cook and provide food for eachother. 

Edited by Alexgopen

Or we can keep pushing for the lock on Lib to be removed to make things fair

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Or we can keep pushing for the lock on Lib to be removed to make things fair

Yea that would allow hots to be able to use actual good priests, but if libila is never balanced it would be kinda left as an obsolete priest that nobody uses.

Well if people think tames pets are better than zombies Im not sure the idea that lib is completely useless can be taken seriously even before looking at why hots and lib are pretty good as a choice. Remove the lock, remove the taming nerf and give the missing passive and all should be well outside of the fact that zombies still are OP.

The only thing zombies are realistically good for are defense or raids.  In any other situation you are sacrificing mobility (suicide) to take a zombie instead of a backup horse or tamed hellhorse primary.  I don't think tamed combat pets or dominated trolls are better than zombie ones, but tamed hellhorses are for sure, especially if you can have two oakshelled geared traited hellhorses like a fo.  People never really use combat pets in open field pvp anyways, as speed is king.

Edited by Alexgopen

Zombie troll with high ql weap and multiple attacks vs dom troll that cant even take its own crap club back

I dont think that needs further clarification

7 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Zombie troll with high ql weap and multiple attacks vs dom troll that cant even take its own crap club back

I dont think that needs further clarification

If we're talking trolls, zombie is better than dom, but no zombie is as good as a 5spd hellhorse, which you would have to give up in order to take a troll

Situational like most things but it doesnt make it any less op

I can't understand how you are sticking to two things like they are game winners. From your point of view seems like there's nothing wrong, ppl are complaining and quiting for no reason and actually BL needs more nerfing. I can understand that if you are talking as a member of enemy kingdom, but as a GM I just can't.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bramsky said:

I can't understand how you are sticking to two things like they are game winners. From your point of view seems like there's nothing wrong, ppl are complaining and quiting for no reason and actually BL needs more nerfing. I can understand that if you are talking as a member of enemy kingdom, but as a GM I just can't.

This is why it is difficult to have a serious conversation when not only are things not read but also resorting to throwing in GM like its relevant. I've given more than two reasons why hots isn't as bad as some feel it is, I've stated that there are several things that do need being addressed in hots favour and highlighted one thing that isnt fair in return, but all of this is dismissed or ignored because its easier to hide under the rock and say things aren't fair.

I'll stop responding now if it is too distressing sorry.

ok smeagain

Lets be real, any and all pets have an abysmal hit chance and every weapon except for polearms do ass for damage when equipped on any mob, including avatars and uniques, and they still do ass for damage if they arent attacking a mount or a mounted player.

useful? very situational, better than a 5spd hellhorse? 9/10 times no. the speed will be more beneficial every single time unless you have no need to move anywhere.

this does not change the fact that a lib lock is a creation of pure ###### stupidity and myc directly harming cffp is seems like an oversight as it forces you to go out of your way to remove your "gods chosen land" to get timed affinities and more stamina/stamina use reduction.

if you want an overpowered god, look at smeagain, prime example of something that should be nerfed into the ground, not poor little libila.

it has two passives, dmg bonus and a res stone (pretty sure it has CR too) which is much more than lib

it has two pillars, fungus trap (the best pillar in the game damage wise) and ice pillar

it has weakness and smite, the two best spells for unique hunting

it has light of fo and heal, making it the best choice for land and boat battles and as an added cherry on top, it has cure medium which is quite useful for horse healing in pvp.

it also has oakshell and refresh, the two most useful utility spells in the game.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, but i dont see you complaining about this, or does the ability to hit a 5 damage wound on someone every minute via a zombie pet overpower this?

wtb playergod removal, vanilla god rework.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 7

I would usually appologise, but you have to understand if you want beehive on affliction you have to sail to elevation to get it and you die on your way back and give up. If you hit the wall for such simple thing as behive and you hit it several more times for other things you eventually quit playing.

So nothing against you and don't take it personaly.

19 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

wtb playergod removal, vanilla god rework.

Came back from the dead just to +1 this post.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

devs have been stating lately that hots being anything other than libila is a bug and that we're not supposed to be able to be playergods.  they want to lock us into lib only

Do you have a quote of a dev saying that, or can you link to it?  First I've heard, and it seems a bit wrong.

1 hour ago, Wonka said:

Do you have a quote of a dev saying that, or can you link to it?  First I've heard, and it seems a bit wrong.

^ that was the first clue for me. Proof finally came about a week ago with a silent patch that prevented HotS players from converting to the new gods.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Propheteer said:

but i dont see you complaining about this

Should I be complaining about something unrelated in a thread about Lib? I said right from the start smeagain was OP but it has nothing to do with me? Again serious discussion gets defenestrated in place of random junk that makes zero sense. If I was in any position to change anything then Hots would have had their right to follow player gods right from the start and have been lobbying for them since... you of all people should understand GM =/= Dev

I wouldn't say "RIP Lib" more like RIP Wurm, lack of good ideas and incompetent development choices/additions (seryll armor, supposedly rare and hard to obtain my arse) ###### this game so hard in the ass its never going to recover

But that is okay we will cater to the 5 freedom players and their 90 alts each for every last penny right???

Now i wait for my forum ban i guess lmao

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 3