Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

The History of Libila, 2005-2016 RIP

Not sure how you can really state that Libila is dead and add a big RIP on the end of it. Yea, things have been changed to effect this god in a negative way. The new player gods have also negatively impacted it too. Still, the god is "alive" with its particular religious attributes, just not as distinct, powerful and desirable to follow as it once was. Even at its best it was a pretty despicable one to submit to. The dark side, as it were.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Not sure how you can really state that Libila is dead and add a big RIP on the end of it. Yea, things have been changed to effect this god in a negative way. The new player gods have also negatively impacted it too. Still, the god is "alive" with its particular religious attributes, just not as distinct, powerful and desirable to follow as it once was. Even at its best it was a pretty despicable one to submit to. The dark side, as it were.

=Ayes=

Pls

• Like 3

On 11/24/2016 at 1:36 PM, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

0/10 Trolling not your forte'

I can see the powers that be have stolen some stupid pills from Rolf's stash before he left. If anyone like me is thinking of trying to come back to this game, THIS type of crap ain't making it happen.

• Like 1

A.  It makes no sense to be a Lib priest anymore

B.  It makes no sense to be a Lib follower anymore

C.  It makes no sense to be a HOTS Kingdom member anymore.

D.  It makes no sense to play this game on Epic anymore.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

A.  It makes no sense to be a Lib priest anymore

B.  It makes no sense to be a Lib follower anymore

C.  It makes no sense to be a HOTS Kingdom member anymore.

D.  It makes no sense to play this game on Epic anymore.

I agree on all ur points Allie but please just be like me and have some little faith and patience left.

Retro and the dev team must know at this point that Libila/hots/epic needs attention. Give them some time and hopefully we can enjoy the game again like I did for over 300 days of playtime.

• Like 4

Honestly I've never understood this whole hard done by attitude that HoTS players seem to breed, I'm starting to think maybe its just as simple as being too close to see the benefits?

Like right from the start HoTS is literally the easiest kingdom for a new player to get rolling, they don't ever have to worry about food unless down in a mine and even then they can just time manage heading back out to do other things while food tops up again. They don't ever have to worry about spending hours picking through grass for cotton or making healing covers only to fail applying them. They don't have to worry about growing cotton to heal while skilling fighting related things that they are still not needing to eat while doing because food is absorbed on horseback go figure, never a time where its 'oh damn I'm out of healing covers and cotton I have to go home and call it a day' the only reason to stop skilling fs or whatever is needing to reimp gear. These things I find very good reasons to be a lib follower.

HoTS don't have stupid anti pvp mechanics, if you get a moron causing trouble you can deal with them without being blocked or rep converted, This I find a very good reason to be HoTS. (I do agree the taming nerf is stupid and needs to go)

Lib priests have taken some hits for balance purposes but are still decent priests, I would go as far as to say still better than Mag and Vyn but then all original gods are lacking in comparison to player gods. She has a nice combination of offensive spells an aoe and even an aoe dmg/heal not to mention the seriously OP geared zombies, no one cares if you have to find trolls you can even breed them and keep them fresh and alive until time to kill and gear in which case they become way more scary than an actual player since they have nasty weaps plus multiple attacks, yeah you sacrifice the use of a hell horse to have one but this is the cost of a pet for anyone and not every situation needs a hell horse. Seriously, a dominated troll cant even be given its own club back if you take it away yet a zombie can have high end gear equipped... These reasons I find lib to be no where near the bottom of the priest hierarchy.

The reasons to play on Epic I don't have much to answer for though lol, I think many of us are praying for something magic to happen

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Honestly I've never understood this whole hard done by attitude that HoTS players seem to breed, I'm starting to think maybe its just as simple as being too close to see the benefits?

Like right from the start HoTS is literally the easiest kingdom for a new player to get rolling, they don't ever have to worry about food unless down in a mine and even then they can just time manage heading back out to do other things while food tops up again. They don't ever have to worry about spending hours picking through grass for cotton or making healing covers only to fail applying them. They don't have to worry about growing cotton to heal while skilling fighting related things that they are still not needing to eat while doing because food is absorbed on horseback go figure, never a time where its 'oh damn I'm out of healing covers and cotton I have to go home and call it a day' the only reason to stop skilling fs or whatever is needing to reimp gear. These things I find very good reasons to be a lib follower.

HoTS don't have stupid anti pvp mechanics, if you get a moron causing trouble you can deal with them without being blocked or rep converted, This I find a very good reason to be HoTS. (I do agree the taming nerf is stupid and needs to go)

Lib priests have taken some hits for balance purposes but are still decent priests, I would go as far as to say still better than Mag and Vyn but then all original gods are lacking in comparison to player gods. She has a nice combination of offensive spells an aoe and even an aoe dmg/heal not to mention the seriously OP geared zombies, no one cares if you have to find trolls you can even breed them and keep them fresh and alive until time to kill and gear in which case they become way more scary than an actual player since they have nasty weaps plus multiple attacks, yeah you sacrifice the use of a hell horse to have one but this is the cost of a pet for anyone and not every situation needs a hell horse. Seriously, a dominated troll cant even be given its own club back if you take it away yet a zombie can have high end gear equipped... These reasons I find lib to be no where near the bottom of the priest hierarchy.

The reasons to play on Epic I don't have much to answer for though lol, I think many of us are praying for something magic to happen

You really have no clue how is it to be a HOTS for very long time.

The list of downsides, a very long and tbh iam to tired to name it all here.

Myc is a ######. i dont need it.

with 99ql meals i have Nut. on 97-98%.   That gives you as a Nathan followers nearly 14.6% more Skillgrain. So thats 1 1/2 affiny in every skill. why i should follow lib???

Absorb Myc to heal wounds are a joke too. I never use that.            LT and cotton (and may HC) is better, quicker and gives you skill.

plus to stay on Myc gives you only Food and Nut. no CCPF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for harvesting stuff you have to remove the Myc. you have an idea how anyoing this is !?!?

The most casts from Lib, are not very good imo. for exaple RT compare to FB.

yeah Taming is a joke too for a HOTS member.......................................

Man i could write you tonns of downside that HOTS have..... but iam really to tired of this ######.......

• Like 1

Sme we dont have a heal spell (scorn of lib lol) , we can't be any other god then lib, WL can have 7-8(?) Different priests. We can heal from mycelium and we dont have anti pvp mechanics, these 2 arguments are ###### in comparison to what other priests can. Also all our unique BL spells are available to WL priests nowadays so whats the bloody point of lib now? Mini heals on mycelium and good pvp mechanics. Please. 

• Like 2

My point was you don't have to cook and don't have to skill it to have high nutrition, if you want the ccfp you need to cook like anyone else they don't come for free.

You may not use myc to heal but like I said, many of you are probably too close to see the benefits especially for new players who don't have your LT, high ql cotton or healing skill and its sure always there for when you happen to run out.

Removing myc to harvest? I don't really find that a massive issue when there are plenty of areas without myc, hell I even used to go to an enemy server to harvest grapes I guess the effort you put in depends on how much you want something.

I hadn't really touched on enchanting because people have always had enemy alt priests around, WL players have lib ones too.

*edit: Lorena I agree I think its ridiculous that BL cant access player gods but that still doesn't mean Lib is the absolute worst id sure pick her over some others.

Okay I have the freedom to hit my neighbor in the face with my maul..............................oh wait i dont have neighbors anymore where are my neighbors???..........a right i forgot they moved to another Kingdom or stoped playing wurm......................

• Like 2

As a player who has been HoTS for nearly 10 years ,I have to say that this is not the kingdom for noobs because of the lack of PvP restrictions and the lack of players in the kingdom. There is a rather pervasive lack of trust in new characters because of the sheer number of alts and spys that can crop up from time to time. And yes, there is definitely meta-gaming going on in Wurm, maybe not as much as some people say but enough of it to be a bit of a problem in my opinion. Anyways, I am going off topic. Because of the lack of trust, many veteran HoTS players don't wanna take the risk of letting in a noobie only to have their stuff stolen or their base infiltrated. This doesn't happen anywhere near as much as it used to, but hey, still a thing to look out for. And from my experience noobs tend to be a little more hostile than more veteran players because they still don't understand the difference between a venerable account and a character who has only been working on skills for a few months. Not to mention many of the people I play with don't take toxicity too kindly. 

The lack of trust and sometimes open hostility isn't the only reason it has been difficult as a new player in HoTS. Another reason is because of the low player base and therefore the prevalence of Valrei mobs that can be difficult even to strong chars, especially if they are lacking the knowledge to deal with them. Some more minor reasons would be that it is very difficult to harvest, botanize, and forage from tiles, trees, and bushes because you must have damage to absorb Mycelium. Sure this may not seem like a huge thing, but there is a 30 second cooldown between each absorb, that is a lot of downtime per tile to maybe not even find much of what you are looking for. We couldn't find white dotted flowers for the longest time on our home server to finish our temples and such. It also makes setting up a starter farm take that much longer.

Anyways, healing covers are still important to some extent, but I will admit Mycelium does help negate their usefulness to us quite significantly. Domesticated animals are quite a bit more scarce because they don't spawn as commonly on Mycelium. Sure we can set up some grass and steppe areas but these often become overgrown with Myc eventually and/or take a lot of time and effort to create. I can't speak much on our spells because I don't know enough about them, but from the discussions I have had with well-versed priests our heal doesn't work half the time and when it does it is kinda negligible? On top of that zombies are weaker than they once were. But, I think I should say to take that bit with a grain of salt, as I said before I am not an expert on this. Someone more knowledgable can clarify. 

Sorry for the rant, didn't expect to type so much. 

TLDR; From my long term experience in Wurm HoTS has never been an easy kingdom to be a noob in due to many reasons, mainly the lack of PvP restrictions, meta-gaming, open hostility between some players (especially in the past), and some other minor grievances.

• Like 3

Come on Sme, you've been HoTS before.

Healing on mycelium while out hunting? Joke. Never knew anyone in HoTS that would go out hunting without cotton.

Zombies with half the CR? Joke. Once the age of 70 archery came about, that ended zombie trolls.

Mycelium for food? Joke. Once you take half an hour of SB and get 30 HFC, who gives a damn about nutrition.

Facts are facts. The one thing that made Libila attractive was what made all four faiths attractive...their individual uniqueness. That all went away with the introduction of player deities. Meta gaming has always been the Achilles heal of Wurm, and player made deities just completed the cycle. 

I know I've advocated complete wipes and restarts of whole servers before and looked extreme saying that. However, I honestly don't know what would bring back old players at this point short of exactly that. 

• Like 2

No need for appologising it's interesting to hear the grievances even if I disagree, the whole first part about noobs, trust and spy alts is true for every kingdom it is not exclusive to hots. The part about the flowers there's more than one server to find them and was many grass areas on blh for a long time too. I'm also not sure about the domestic animals thing either since the trips I take down to blh I see tons of them on myc. Basically though most of what you said is an issue in all kingdoms everyone has been burned.

Rocky it would be pretty boring if everyone was hots, personally I'm not because I like who I play with and don't particularly like some in other kingdoms but I started BL and still think it has a lot of pros

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinchaloaf said:

Zombies with half the CR? Joke. Once the age of 70 archery came about, that ended zombie trolls.

dom/tame gets the same nerf (maybe more/less doesn't matter) but if archery ended zombie trolls, polearm bonus with halberds brought them back.  when bl were using them they didn't really give time for much of any archery fight especially considering they were all using chain barded normals and not fast hell horses which help dominate archery fights

then people changed flavor to wanting to use heal in sailboats which was another case of stupid spells

Because barded normals work great for getting into melee with oakshelled hellhorses 

• Like 1

Bump, we need help badly with the introduction of wurm 1.3 its even more worse coz we cannot eat anymore and fill ccfp.

We also cannot do digging, gardening, alchemy and farming either which r pretty nice skills to cook stuff with.

We need a solution and not nerf after nerf. 

@Retrograde

PLS

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Bump, we need help badly with the introduction of wurm 1.3 its even more worse coz we cannot eat anymore and fill ccfp.

We also cannot do digging, gardening, alchemy and farming either which r pretty nice skills to cook stuff with.

We need a solution and not nerf after nerf. 

@Retrograde

PLS

I think our restrictions are justifyid like we cant dig and so on, after all we are priests but with sacrefices you most also gain something in return. We need the fix for the broken codes of the 25% dmg increase and if thats done then it would silence me forever :P Just want Libila to work as intended, no need to give buff us just fix what was supposed to work in the first place and maybe make us able to use scorn of libila outside pvp so we can heal and tackle uniques like any other kingdom now when we loses the other gods as a sub heal.

Making us independent again, as for the ccfp well cooking has to give some bonus and have some purpose even for us, so maybe give an option to be able to turn off the ability to get food from myc so we can get hungry and put it back on when we need it? or make myc give like 25-40% ccfp when standing on myc. Dont make us OP just make us work, and thank you devs im looking forward to wurm 1.3 in any case im sure you will take some kind of action forward the player gods that very much needs to be worked upon :)  <3

If giving us the 25% dmg is to powerful for hots and thats the reason why the code is closed then how about setting it to a high faith skill like 80 or 90 in order to balance it out or something. Just please give the code back to us :L

How about just throwing out the current ###### show entirely. Decouple religion from kingdoms, remove template kingdoms. Refund a few times the value of each template into the freedom economy. Cause a frenzy, give players another opportunity to piss and moan about not getting their cut, and on the other side you have entirely destructible kingdoms. No lopsided half-hearted asymmetric gameplay bs. Add selectable kingdom wide buffs that require some kind of minor maintenance if you want.

You would think over 10 years of feedback and experience would have some really solid collaboration between the players and the devs.

Edited by Zerocool
  • Like 3

On ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 1:39 PM, SmeJack said:

no one cares if you have to find trolls you can even breed them and keep them fresh and alive until time to kill

How can i breed a troll. I guess that involves using dominate, but lib only got rebirth, or do i missing something here?