Rolf: Lets see...

• Ability to archer
  • Ability to lockpick
  • Ability to bash
  • Sacrifices corpses
  • Has good single target offensive spells
  • Can make zombies
  • Gains nutrition on mycelium

Team: But Rolf! Sacrificing corpses can only be done at the bone altar!

Rolf: You're right, lets give them this instead

• Sacs alchemy items

<Years later>

Team: Rolf! People are complaining that they can't archer or lockpick on their priests!

Rolf: Well yes that is Libila only, but if they want it, sure lets make it not unique to Libila.

• Gives all other priests archery
  • Gives all other priests lockpicking

<Years later>

Team: Rolf! Someone just became a god! How do we make their spellset?!

Rolf: Oh lets just randomly generate it. That way it's fair.

• Gives Whitelight kingdoms access to all of Libila's spells except for Rebirth via player-gods

<Years later>

Team: Retrograde! People are complaining that one of the random player-gods sacrifices alchemy items!

Retrograde: Well that's been Libila's favor item ever since we changed it from corpses, but if freedom doesn't like it now lets remove it!

• Removes Libila's double favor item

Good effort Libila, but the developers have finally killed you.  May you rest in peace.

iCOednb.png

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 22

Now that everything is generic now nothing special about Lib, sad day indeed, but the writings been on the wall since the first god ascended, I have little faith things will improve going forward, just more changes and locked threads until you need days of research to remember what Rolf's original intentions for the game were. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Team: Rolf! People are complaining that they can't archer or lockpick on their priests!

Rolf: Well yes that is Libila only, but if they want it, sure lets make it not unique to Libila.

just wanted to say mag could archer

4 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

just wanted to say mag could archer

congrats

• Like 1

At least we will have a new food to comfort us during these hard times,  Chopped veggies... how did we get by without you :lol:

If they truely want to "balance" the priests then playergods should be removed from freedom along with all priest restrictions (WC farming Mining digging ect) not really fair since the gods are now all going to be vegetarians (fussy ones too they must be chopped up into bite sized portions) all priest will need to farm.... Or ya know they could just leave them alone...

• Like 1

can we devote every devs time to fixing the ###### embark bug please

thanks

• Like 15

Rip Libila :c You will be dearly missed.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

Is this one of the many to come pvp changes?  

Can't wait to see what's next

There is nothing unique to epic anymore (besides a skillcurve) and there is nothing unique to Libila/Hots anymore. 

Its a damn ###### shame.

• Like 6

R.I.P. Lib! :(

Are colossuses allowed on freedom to honor the end?

• Like 1

Biggest problem for Libila atm is Hell horses, which means be on a HH or die/be almost useless. (since you cant catch up/run away)

Hell horses needs to be nerfed even abit more, in my opinion they should be just as fast as normal horses but be able to withstand more hits.

Also, i think they should change the CR nerf for leading for Libila, 1 horse you riding on, 1 backup horse and a Zombie without CR nerf for Libila.

I think these 2 changes could lead to more roaming from atleast BL kingdoms or kingdoms that havent set up a huge Hell horse breeding program.

• Like 1

hQrBgi7.png

LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

qBhT4nM.png

jGnGRm6.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I still love you guys and BL isn't grand because of their goddess (although she's pretty rad I admit) but because of the players

Except that there are none currently

Player gods ruined all deity stuff anyway.

• Like 9

Ignorant freedomer here, what'd this patch do to the scythe-wielding lady from over where mycelium comes from that isn't a rift?

Patch notes read like the favor item got a hit in some regards, buff in others.

On 2016-11-21 at 9:48 AM, Cecci said:

Sorry for your loss, guys :(

Thank you for showing respect Cecci :) warms.

• Like 1

Left out the free-for-all pvp without penalties within kingdom, the penalties were more of an issue back then if a WLer attacked WLer (only had JK as an option)

Despite that, most old school BLers were actually quite clannish, even from separate villages, preferring to go after WLers.

Much of the BL lore was actually formed from player interactions with the two Founders, since afaik (wasn't playing that far back, heard this 2nd hand from players who were) BL/HotS originally wasn't even meant to be their own kingdom. Wasn't even in the original vision.

Rather a dumping ground for the more "aggressive" players, hence the autoconvert at certain levels of negative reputation.

Edited by Klaa

One more change that will never make it's way to my server :P

• Like 1

Being BL, there was just as much infighting at times as going after JK. A lot of turbonerd ego's to contend with, and it never changed regardless of kingdom. I do remember the penalty to JK, which was the largest barrier to infighting among them.  Too bad it wasn't introduced sooner, could have lead to more HoTS success. I think i was a lib priest with one of my characters about 3-4 times? Been so long now i cannot remember. Full loot PVP brings out the dredges of society, and most games of this genre are miserable failures in this endeavor, Wurm included.

The beginning of the end for Lib was the introduction of player gods. It's such a garbage system, and only now are people complaining a little about the ridiculousness of it all.

• Like 3

And I was gonna whine that Path of Love is useless.  Puts my problem in perspective.

• Like 2