Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Thank you Retrograde

Thank you for listening to the community.

Nahjo priests still have alot of utility and remain very useful.

Other priests get more sac options without devoting years.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Killroth said:

community.

Am I part of your community, I don't thank Retrograde for this.

Next time you might post, thanks for listening to me.

• Like 3

> listening to the community

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

Nahjo was already nerfed once , lost all the server wide spells , shouldn't have had that many but not leaving even one was not fair nor balanced.

genesis , LT , woa, courier, strongwall, light heal, 

its the allspice priest for convenience and still is.

It would've made more sense way back when to either create new spells for the new gods vrs the mess we find today, I suspect gods. spells and priests as a whole will be fubar from here on out regardless of any attempts to balance them.

Epic was a great idea, but what happened on Epic should've stayed on Epic, with the original 4 gods things were semi balanced for years,albeit never perfect as in any game, if things unique to Epic had remained there perhaps it would be better off population wise.

• Like 1

U should add that Lib got nerfed again lol

I miss the days when krinos/ata was around

• Like 1

Im happy for sac change.

Libila needs love. We have forsaken her

Mycellium on freedom.

Do it.

• Like 1

I would like to thank Retrograde for improving the communication between developers and players by more percents than there are in a whole.

When reading the forums I get the feeling that not many players realize that he does not make the decisions, he merely tries to ensure that the devs know what we think and that we know what the devs do. And yet: Every time the devs do something the players don't like he gets to take an enormous shitstorm from people who even go as far as personal attacks against him - And for what? For being the messenger of something that the developers are planning to do.

As someone who has played this game since before there was someone doing the job that Retrograde does I have to extend a sincere "Thank you" to him for his efforts. Some know what I'm talking about, but others seem to have repressed the memories of the time where we would get unannounced updates left and right and had no real way of communicating with the developers other than catching Rolf online in a private conversation on irc.

• Like 13

I like the weird idea some people have that Retrograde is actually the one making all of these decisions single-handedly, as if he himself constitutes Wurm's development team.

• Like 2

Then he can feel free to pass on my thoughts to the dev team.

Guess what, people in customer service get ###### on all the time, I'll assume Retrograde has thick enough skin to deal with, and enough Forum mods to handle things when it get too ugly.

Pray tell who do I direct my displeasure to, if the specific Dev making X change would care to post it vrs having Retrograde deliver the news, I'd be more than happy to send my thoughts directly to them, in the absence of that, this is where we are.

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

Some know what I'm talking about, but others seem to have repressed the memories of the time where we would get unannounced updates left and right

You mean like a major change being announced only 2 days before it's added?

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

You mean like a major change being announced only 2 days before it's added?

No, I mean like it being announced after the implementation that soul depth has been changed to have an impact when casting spells and then it's revealed 4 years later that the change was reverted within something like the first 3 weeks after its implementation. There are endless examples of things that made a huge impact on the game but were lost because the grapevine was the only source of "information".

The dev team has come a long way and having PR officers that actually deliver information is one of the biggest things they've done - You're complaining about those 2 days warning when some people grinded their priests to 70 soul depth for absolutely no reason. And not because the devs intentionally tried to mess with us, but because there was just a communication problem which they've been working on mending by appointing PR officers.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aeris said:

No, I mean like it being announced after the implementation that soul depth has been changed to have an impact when casting spells and then it's revealed 4 years later that the change was reverted within something like the first 3 weeks after its implementation. There are endless examples of things that made a huge impact on the game but were lost because the grapevine was the only source of "information".

The dev team has come a long way and having PR officers that actually deliver information is one of the biggest things they've done - You're complaining about those 2 days warning when some people grinded their priests to 70 soul depth for absolutely no reason. And not because the devs intentionally tried to mess with us, but because there was just a communication problem which they've been working on mending by appointing PR officers.

So you're saying, 2 days is better than none? I'm saying, 2 days isn't much better than none.

2 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

So you're saying, 2 days is better than none? I'm saying, 2 days isn't much better than none.

Apparently a literal year isn't better than none according to fountain pans.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Budda said:

Sorry, thank you for all your tireless and unappreciated work, without your constant attention to keeping Wurm on it's current growth and the strides your making in the communication of the direction the game is moving in the future goes without saying the debt of gratitude, me as a humble player owes you.

Please when you get a moment from your constant monitoring of each change your putting forth with careful scrutiny of how it will impact other facets of the game, let me know what I, your humble player can do to make your tireless work matter in some meaningful way.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Budda said:

I defended that change given it's compromising tone. I even lauded Rolf for his efforts in such an unwinnable situation.

I abhor this change because of the simple "deal with it" nature of it's inception. It's going to happen, because we weren't given enough time to discuss it properly. Any compromise will only occur after the change has already been implemented.

CodeClub AB is definitely not improving, and I'm unimpressed. Enjoy the next two to four weeks.

cad-20151030-9f36d.png

Edited by Dairuka

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I like the weird idea some people have that Retrograde is actually the one making all of these decisions single-handedly, as if he himself constitutes Wurm's development team.

Because Retro has the ###### job of being the PR guy.  Shoot the messenger and all that.

That being said, this has been the year of the Nerfs.   I do not and have never owned a Nahjo, but it's just one more nerf added to a long list of nerfs. SotG, Surface mining fences, attempted Refresh nerf and now Nahjo easy favor just to name the major ones.
The "devs" seem to be on a warpath in the name of "balance".

6 minutes ago, Budda said:

Blah blah blah typical snide remark that complete ignores players and belittles them at the same time

• Like 5

Truely forgive Budda for his comment.  He is only trying to follow in the footsteps left for him.  It is what his path leads him on.

• Like 2

Don't understand retro, had some bad news to deliver, got raked over the coals as the crowds cut the head off the messenger, then promptly closed the news release and deleted it after a very short time.

It is all about delivery, get that part right and the crowds may not cut your head off next time.

5 hours ago, Aeris said:

And for what? For being the messenger of something that the developers are planning to do.

4 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I like the weird idea some people have that Retrograde is actually the one making all of these decisions single-handedly

All the changes to original terrible WSA were made during the day, supposedly based on feedback, however in probably the worst way possible. (I had to remove the rest of this post due to it being staff bashing directed towards Developers, PR people and Forum Mods)

Edited by zigozag

Just make chopped vegetables the double favor item for Nahjo and Libia. Normal favor for the rest.

4 hours ago, Aeris said:

I would like to thank Retrograde for improving the communication between developers and players by more percents than there are in a whole.

When reading the forums I get the feeling that not many players realize that he does not make the decisions, he merely tries to ensure that the devs know what we think and that we know what the devs do. And yet: Every time the devs do something the players don't like he gets to take an enormous shitstorm from people who even go as far as personal attacks against him - And for what? For being the messenger of something that the developers are planning to do.

As someone who has played this game since before there was someone doing the job that Retrograde does I have to extend a sincere "Thank you" to him for his efforts. Some know what I'm talking about, but others seem to have repressed the memories of the time where we would get unannounced updates left and right and had no real way of communicating with the developers other than catching Rolf online in a private conversation on irc.

First part, yes Retro did improve communications, he would log on as Retro say hi to everyone, ask how it was going, get responses, take notes and say hey this is whats going on that I can talk about.  Yeah did really great... for a while.

Then, poof, like a whisper of smoke, he disappeared, no longer logs on to WO, no longer plays WO and just pops in with the occasional Weekly news spattered with WO crap that frankly most of us WO players don't give 2 cents about.  Point being, he disconnected from the WO players, makes announcements from the forums, doesn't like the responses, locks and deletes threads and poof, gone again. ZERO communication as far as I and others can tell.

Second, yes we realize he's a messenger a Public Relations Officer.   A Public Relations Officer acts as a go between. A staff member that is between the Dev's and players.  It goes a little something like this, 'Hey players, this is what the developers are planing, hey dev's this is what the players think about what your're doing'. That's a Two way street.  NOT, Hey players this is what the developers are planing do you have feedback-Lock and delete withing 6 hours.  Yeah some Communication there.

And if someone thinks this is Staff Bashing, no it's not, it is simply a personal opinion about the lack of communication that has been going on between the Developers and the Players.

And Budda, FYI if you or any of the developers or even Retro had made a post about this, Hey By the way guys we are looking at the OP way Nahjo and Lib sac for favor, so be looking for a change to it coming as soon as we can.  Then yeah folks wouldn't of been so pissed about a 2 days notice about it and you would of had more support than the crapstorm that is going on now.

so in the end, yes Retro, thank you for being there.

In all fairness you don't know about all the aspects of his job, and neither do I, but I do know what the communication was like before he entered the scene and I know what it's like now. It's not about whether or not I or you agree with what the devs are doing, it's about the fact that nowadays at least we know what they're doing regardless of whether we like it or not.

I don't give a rat's hairy hiney about whether or not he sits and pats my back in the public channels ingame while the groupies bend over backwards to try to get his attention, and I'm sure that with the inceased responsibilities that we've seen him take on lately he doesn't have much time for that either.

• Like 3

id like to make this thread a memorial to the recently deceased Mountainstrong hellhorse.

may u rest in peace for all eternity, like all the other horses who have been slain because of embark bugs

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3