Sign in to follow this  
Evening

Nahjo and Libila favour changes in 1.3

First of all, saying you are asking for input, then locking the thread 2 hours after you started it doesn't look like input asking.

Most of european playerbase is left outside, because is a Sunday morning, and people have some things to do before logging in and reading the - literally - over night news.

Second, asking for input should be done with some time before implementing a change, if you really care for any possible input from your players, and not just trying to make them believe so, 2 days before such a major change.

Third, locking the thread right away - a thread you started - and saying the thread will be removed (??) is an easy way to silence everyone who had something, anything, to say.

Four, do we really have so many paying players left that we need to drive them away by any means? Seriously, almost everyone has a Nahjo priest, and at least half of them will drop premium on those toons. And I don't know how many have multiple priests and will let them go just because.

Fifth, we need bugs addressed and things fixed, is not players' fault a feature came out along with a player God, and was the way it was working, game mechanics wise.

If you need to fix something, fix the broken religion, fix the neverending Gods coming live every other day and Wednesday at noon.

Sixth, I have a question: have you ever grinded channeling of a priest, any priest, even the "easy" Nahjo one, to 90, at least? You, on your own, saccing and casting for countless hours, to see how "easy" it is, crops or no crops?

Oh, and yes, I am one of those europeans left outside of your "input" thread, because my opinion doesn't matter if I'm not logged in 24/7 or just at the same hours with the other hemisphere.

• Like 25

+1

Well Said Evening

Seems commonsense is not that common lately.

coming  soon we all have to crop veggie clothes and hold  potato's  in our hands for sermons to take effect :P

Edited by Toecutter

Thanks for making a new thread, also interesting to see the Wurm Team not in complete agreement with each other. The Canadians & Americans haven't complained yet either in truth. ;)

Just started on 2 nadjo priests because it wasnt time consuming. After this update i will just let them run out of premium. Thanks for making wurm AGAIN a little harder and less fun.

This game is time-consuming already with slow-phase crafting etc and I'm ok with that. But making things like priesting even harder than they are now is just not the answer for shrinking population of Wurm. As someone pointed out on the first thread about this matter, this is a game, not supposed to be another professional with your real life. These kind of changes makes me want to think at how much devs expect us to spend on wurming? I bet players are not going to give up on their real lives for pixels... So don't make the "free-time-fun" not actually fun, but another stressful and time-consuming matter in your life.

• Like 1

nahjo went from best favor gain to worse favor gain since you have to do either cordage or chopped veggie since alchemy stuff is not viable as a bulk resource.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Evening said:

Sixth, I have a question: have you ever grinded channeling of a priest, any priest, even the "easy" Nahjo one, to 90, at least? You, on your own, saccing and casting for countless hours, to see how "easy" it is, crops or no crops?

Oh, and yes, I am one of those europeans left outside of your "input" thread, because my opinion doesn't matter if I'm not logged in 24/7 or just at the same hours with the other hemisphere.

this is probably what happened to the thread where rolf said they would never remove fountain pans

• Like 6

This thread has run its course and should be locked.

All kidding aside, thanks for being a voice of reason Evening.

"run its course and should be locked" feels like someones weird translated version of "oh crap it didn't go my way and they won't stop saying stuff :("

• Like 3

As i said in the other thread ( i feel like i have to protect my posts and opinions at this point)

I'd like to know why the original thread went from:

1. Announcement  with no warning and 2 days notice that we're screwing something up thats been in the game for 2 years.

2. Sudddenly we've decided it's a community discussion and feedback thread.

3. But we don't wanna listen to the community or its feedback.

4. Ok we're gonna lock it and do what we want and ignore you guys lol

as a side note. perhaps the community would be less upset if the Public Relations Manager didn't lock threads 2 hours after posting them because Public Relations arn't going his way.

• Like 1

Alliance chat before reading this thread:

[04:54:35] <Scorpio> i dunno ,.. just trying to find something good about it

[04:57:25] <Levin> welll, it makes my Nahjo alt much less useful, so I'll save money on premium.  Only positive I can find :P

• Like 1

I have close to 30k wemp because I COULD use it for my nahjo as is and for my vyn to make ropes.

With the coming change my Nahjo sac items will be all useless for him.

This really sucks Devs. Time for me to move on if this change is not reverted

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KillerSpike said:

I have close to 30k wemp because I COULD use it for my nahjo as is and for my vyn to make ropes.

With the coming change my Nahjo sac items will be all useless for him.

This really sucks Devs. Time for me to move on if this change is not reverted

And I bet you are not the only one with this kind of situation, so would have a huge impact on the community.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

this is probably what happened to the thread where rolf said they would never remove fountain pans

And soon, if not already, to the threads that said that Lib/Nahjo sac was working as intended.

• Like 1

What plsses me off the most is they jump it on us without pre-warning.  so no opportunity to manage the change at all.

Cooking skill is a pain to raise. Wouldn't it be easier to just make a seperate skill for chopping vegetables? (not that I like the idea of using chopped veggies anyway)

And why does chopping vegetables use a seperate knife? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use a butchering knife to chop them.

• Like 2

Well said Evening.

Wurm is a community game that lives or dies by the community.

Surely if there is an announcement that is open to replies then there must be a decent timescale for people to read, digest and answer. If there are inappropriate replies that inflame or break the rules of the forum, then of course the thread should be closed or (preferably) the reply removed to allow further debate.

For a thread to be closed simply because people disagree is surely akin to the wishes of the people in the UK being ignored by the EU or the UK Governments. The 'votes' may not be popular but that is what people want. Work with your players to arrive at the best decision for all and make this great game even better.

• Like 2

The thread was closed because it was based on old information. That's why.

I think the proposed change doesn't have to be an issue if they balance it right. The problem is that the change, as proposed in it's current form, is completely unbalanced. It's a buff to every priest but Nahjo and Lib, for them it's a huge nerf as their favored sac item will be the worst out of all priests.

Mass producing locks and cloth is easy enough, iron ore is in abundance and with a big farm you will have plenty of wemp. Mass producting isn't an issue there. But Nahjo and Lib will now need to hunt in order to gather their saccing items. The efficiency of that varies wildly with the server you live on and where on the server you live. Do you live on a bigger server with a lower creature density? Well soon it will suck to be you. Do you live on top of a mountain, requiring a lot of travel time before you can even start hunting? Well soon it will suck to be you. Do you live on an island, requiring travel by boat before you can go hunting? Etc. Breeding also isn't a solution, nor should breeding be encouraged for this. I'm sure none of us want tons of people keeping hundreds of animals again, do we? Current livestock restrictions like disease and aging won't stop people there as new animals will quickly be killed, butchered and then new ones will be bred.

Nahjo and Lib need to have their sac item replaced entirely, perhaps something somewhat thematic like a butchering knife blade? As it is now the change falls short and leaves these two priests in a terrible spot compared to the others (as someone with a Vynora priest, I'd say it sounds worse than Yoyos), without even offering them a free transfer to another religion. I hope something will be done to address this before the upcoming release of 1.3, else I fear that the negatives of this change might overshadow all the good things in the upcoming update, and that would be a real shame. Perhaps it would be best to take this change out of 1.3 for now, work on it for a few more weeks and then release it in a more balanced and satisfactory state? Please don't shoot Wurm in the foot by forcing this into the 1.3 update unless it's properly balanced. Right now it feels like something is being rushed in at the last moment, and that is not a good thing ;)

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

I think the proposed change doesn't have to be an issue if they balance it right. The problem is that the change, as proposed in it's current form, is completely unbalanced. It's a buff to every priest but Nahjo and Lib, for them it's a huge nerf as their favored sac item will be the worst out of all priests.

No no no, Nahjo and Lib are getting chopped veggies too. ... right?

3 minutes ago, zigozag said:

No no no, Nahjo and Lib are getting chopped veggies too. ... right?

Yes, but it's not their favored sac item. I was referring to the balance of the favored sac items being completely messed up after the proposed change.