Sign in to follow this  
elroth

chopped veggies NOT BALANCED

10 minutes ago, elroth said:

i quoted retrograde on that but yeah i agree! 

i am dumping my 2 nahjo now and will a lot of people. so please lets us switch back, since its now the god with the LEAST favor gain option

it has the same favour options as other priests now, it will gain ql/20 favour of the chopped vegetables like every other priest

With just a nerf you blew the chance to actually balance religions, I do not get it why it not obvious bad decision to you. It should have been a major change to religion like in 2009 that all at once balance religions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Audrel said:

You need to check test, Retro. Because everything I cut is capped at 50QL.

You're right, will speak with the devs about changing that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I'd like to know why the original thread went from:

1. Announcement  with no warning and 2 days notice that we're screwing something up thats been in the game for 2 years.

2. Sudddenly we've decided it's a community discussion and feedback thread.

3. But we don't wanna listen to the community or its feedback.

4. Ok we're gonna lock it and do what we want and ignore you guys lol.

This "cap - no cap" convo is a gem. You better hide it before public sees the incompetence.

• Like 3

The warning was given because I felt it necessary to provide warning prior to the update,, given many do plan ahead.

Given the nature of the announcement, complaints were expected, some were just staff bashing and removed, others were "keep it like it is" and others actually had valid ideas

I then took those ideas and discussed them with the dev team.

We realise that this should have happened a long time ago, i think the larger complaints aren't that it isnt broken, but that it's taken so long to address. Occasionally we'll come across neglected areas, sometimes it's a downside that needs fixing up, but other times it's an obviously broken system. This is one of the latter.

From here, and off feedback we've decided to tone down how much favour can be gotten from just crops for nahjo priests, and also give a boost to the availability of high favour items for all priests, giving every priest out there an equal opportunity at easy favour

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

LOL show how much consideration you put into this change. Big changes changes should not be implemented with no thought or consideration at all for how wurm should develop in future.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sandyar said:

LOL show how much consideration you put into this change. Big changes changes should not be implemented with no thought or consideration at all for how wurm should develop in future.

Yep a bodged ,rushed cropped and chopped  idea pulled out of cropped veggie land!

3 minutes ago, Toecutter said:

Yep a bodged ,rushed cropped and chopped  idea pulled out of cropped veggie land!

I would say something about Mr Potato head but I doubt it would be found funny and I would get slapped off the forums.

THAT IS A JOKE ... just in case. Don't take it personal.

Edited by Audrel

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

If it is working on Test as intended, and I hope it isn't. Can we also get a definitive answer if it is capped by "cooking" or "hot food cooking" as this makes a very big difference.

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

I would say something about Mr Potato head but I doubt it would be found funny and I would get slapped off the forums.

Please do i need a laugh :P at potato head not anything happening to you :)

@Retrograde  Didn't you say chopped veggies could be stored on bulk containers? Or did I miss something, as that currently does not work. They can't be stored in FSB, BSB or crates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadmint said:

Oh wow, so it appears that this change has had no thoughts put on it before announcing it.

yeah cannot be stored and ql is not higher lol

2 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

@Retrograde  Didn't you say chopped veggies could be stored on bulk containers? Or did I miss something, as that currently does not work. They can't be stored in FSB, BSB or crates.

O_o eep, yes please, Retro, pass this on together with the capped ql to devs! Ability to store in bulk is an absolute must, especially with stuff that can decay fast.

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The warning was given because I felt it necessary to provide warning prior to the update,, given many do plan ahead.

Given the nature of the announcement, complaints were expected, some were just staff bashing and removed, others were "keep it like it is" and others actually had valid ideas

We realise that this should have happened a long time ago, i think the larger complaints aren't that it isnt broken, but that it's taken so long to address. Occasionally we'll come across neglected areas, sometimes it's a downside that needs fixing up, but other times it's an obviously broken system. This is one of the latter.

From here, and off feedback we've decided to tone down how much favour can be gotten from just crops for nahjo priests, and also give a boost to the availability of high favour items for all priests, giving every priest out there an equal opportunity at easy favour

an obviously broken system but its been ingame for 2 years.

Spoiler

it needs balancing not nerfing. bring all others to what nacho can do currently,

dont nerf nacho and alienate all those players that got them after being "obviously"

broken for 2 years. broken i may add because nacho was "funner" due to more favor.

well, make other gods funner too. Dont nerf me bro. lol

happy players = good for wurm

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sandyar said:

Seeing the change went from no more veggies favor for all, you are sol, to lets add a secondary favor source based on veggies with low difficulty...  And the fact the feature just got coded in / is available on the test server, I do think the devs and Retro reacted properly.

Proof is, some of us are trying it and finding the bugs that won't hit live servers (lets hope) and work accordingly to what was announced.

Nota: As for the staff yelling, you should remember why Nahjo (and lib) got the veggie favor kept in when most of us were disagreeing with it in the firt place.

24 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

it has the same favour options as other priests now, it will gain ql/20 favour of the chopped vegetables like every other priest

So you're saying that ropemaking is usless now since choping veggies for all gods is more eficient?

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The chopped veggies was your idea. No other ideas were on the table.

3 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Proof is, some of us are trying it and finding the bugs that won't hit live servers (lets hope) and work accordingly to what was announced.

Retro is saying we can store cropped veggies in bulk storage but people are saying it's not true and he also states that  we can improve ql of original veggies with cropped version,but this is also in doubt,i stand by Sandyar and  other staff that this really has no consideration.

Also i thank people who on their own time testing these new implements to the game,it's just a shame  what some are used for are going to really effect lots of people.

"Don't change this, it has been like this forever"

"Don't change this, it is not broken"

"Don't make our lives harder"

All these are arguments I put forth against the LoF and Heal nerfs.  Folks told me "it was broken and needed fixing".

Nahjo is broken and needs fixing.  This change will make the lives of Nahjo's harder, but considering the advice for any proto-priest is "Go nahjo to grind channel then change god" I think this might redress the scales somewhat.  Given that Nahjo also has *every* useful PvE enchant barring CoC....

Well I'm going to go against the flock and say that this could work out.  I do think that cooking shouldn't cap the chopped item QL, since the only QL caps are introduced at harvest level in other priest professions.  Then again its 1RNG (chopping) vs 2RNGs (spinning, weaving) for the fo priests so essentially every other priest is getting a buff while nahjo is getting the nerf it damn well deserved (even the player Nahjo cited that veggie saccing was broken).

• Like 3

What you should do:

Don't include this in the patch and have a discussion and listen to the ideas, concerns and suggestions from the player base about the best way to move forward with this so everyone is happy and then put it in a while after the cooking patch whenever its worked out.

What you're gonna do:

Ignore everyone asking you to do the above and put it in anyway then leave it in for another 2 years while you work on whatevers after the cooking update and then after 2 years come back to us and be like "hey, you guys weren't happy with that nerf we did 2 years ago so lets address that now you've all gotten used to it."

The reason everyone is angry is because you're not listening to reason, you're telling us this is happening and we better like it and any suggestion that isn't in line with what the devs want is completely ignored.

• Like 5

ok lets say veggies are at 8/10 and every other saccing item is at like 2/10 when it comes to how shitty it is to get favor

bring down veggies to 6/10 by adding a new step similar to every other saccing item, which would be chopped veggies or whatever, don't make it universal and keep double bonus to veggie gods

then buff every other saccing item to 6/10 by messing with difficulty/favor or even adding new simple high value items that don't eat up a ######ton of materials similar to chopped veggies

bam there you go, non-veggie gods should have less cancer saccing items and veggie gods are brought in line with the other gods

I like the idea of using chopped vegetables for all priests, but I feel that Nahjo and Lib need something else than healing cover ingredients as their favored sac item. The sac items for other priests can all easily be mass produced, while the sac item for Nahjo and Lib requires hunting. Hunting is much slower and depending on where you live it can also be completely impractical (on mountains, islands, etc. Those locations all require extensive travel befor you can even start hunting). This completely changes the way these priests work for a lot of people.

From a balance point of view I feel that the healing cover ingredients sac item should be replaced with an item created from materials which are as in abundance as the ore/wood used by the other priest items. Perhaps some kind of blade item would fit? Butchering knife blade for example? Thematics wise I think it would be a good fit to replace butchering items with a blade used to butcher stuff with.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

I want a chopping table to chop vegetables on, and a animation showing it.