Sign in to follow this  
elroth

chopped veggies NOT BALANCED

look i get you want to add a skill in between, but i dont understand why you want to half the gains

90 skill and with a 90 tool, 10 difficulty items (door locks) have an average roll of ~76.1, or 11.58242 favor if your deity has metalAffinity.

5 difficulty items (cloth squares) have an average roll of ~78, which is 12.168 favor if your deity has clothAffinity.

15 difficulty items (yoyos) have an average roll of ~74, which is 10.952 favor for woodAffinity.

so now nahjo and liblabla get 4.5 at 100.... 

WHERE IS THE BALANCE!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

butchered items still give good favor; as stated in the OP of the WSA

There is no balance, they just want to make some priests useless... Every priest should be able to be any kingdom, every priest should have a easy double favor item.

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 5

but nahjo's original favor gain of healing cover stuff is to hard to get bulk resources for, specially if you live in the south of xana since the server animal distribution is still broken. so then how is this balanced. you just made nahjo from best favor gain to worst...

• Like 3

-----I'm posting here as the other thread got closed-------

Wow, you guys still don't get it. 

"this is broken" - no it's no broken, you guys implemented it a long time ago. People made the effort to re-priest with this in mind, which still takes a lot of time. Now you add chopped vege for others which is a good idea, but you screw up what was there for lib and nahjo. Doing things like this piss players off, we are already losing players and you insist in doing the same thing over and over.

Don't Take away things ----just add stuff to bring things closer together.

Seriously...

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 19

(was typing this in the other topic while it was being closed, not good at quoting across topics, so my post below is a reply to "Not convinced about chopped veggies")

I'm rather "ok" with the chopped veggies for all priests, will give a much easier alternative for cordage rope for all the other priests out there (now perhaps the ropemakers will be angry).

I tried my hand at cordage rope, with 80 ropemaking, 90ql tool and 95+ql wemp, the results in ql were... painfull. My 40 locksmithing puts out a waaaaay higher average ql then cordage does, and that for half the skill x_x

So yeah, with this "alternative", we can atleast use all the veggies we stuff down our nahjo priest's throat, chop them up and actually get easier favor gain for all those coc/nimbleness/...

It is a questionable move for nerfing the nahjo/lib priets now after all this time, when it was clear from day one they are waaaaaay OP in terms of favor gain. But I can understand it needs to be done eventually, I have a nahjo to, and the amount of dirt he spit out for my terraforming projects is already enough to not be to angry about this nerf. (still displeased with the basic way of handling with long-ingame-OPness-suddenly-being-nerfed, not this nerf in particular, but just the basic way nerfs seem to be handled/put ingame..)

• Like 2

If you have an issue with moderation please get in contact with a member from the forum team.

But any trolling / staff bashing will be removed as stated in the forum rules.

Due to this change being only how the sacrifice item works, and not any changes to the spell list, or abilities of these priests there will not be an option to switch faiths without penalty.

CAN YOU PLEASE give us a free change at least since nahjo is now

i dont want to spend weeks doing sermon again

I waited for 3 months before switching to nahjo from fo to make sure you guys didnt change your minds of veggies and now you have so please!!! let me at least switch back freely without redoing it again, its incredibly inconsiderate to not give people the option

• Like 4

Religion in wurm is a total joke. Instead of trying to balance religions you just make it more meaningless. With original gods there was a bit of lore and it made a bit sense but tie cooking skill to all gods? You can as well just make one god that all can follow.

I also recently switched my 100 faith mag priest to nahjo (currently 75 faith) because it seems devs just plain ignored the unbalance between priests. The way changes are done with two days prior is plain stupid when it take months to switch religion and build up faith.

The best to do in my opinion is remove all player gods and keep them to epic where they belong.

• Like 9

as per the forum rules, 

Challenging Moderation

A ) You should never challenge moderator actions in public.

if you have a problem please take it up in private message. 

I'd like to know why the original thread went from:

1. Announcement  with no warning and 2 days notice that we're screwing something up thats been in the game for 2 years.

2. Sudddenly we've decided it's a community discussion and feedback thread.

3. But we don't wanna listen to the community or its feedback.

4. Ok we're gonna lock it and do what we want and ignore you guys lol.

• Like 12

Am a new player well consider my self to be because played around a year. Also have had a nahjo priest. Just feel cheated here because am the one of the dum dums that have shopped tons and tons of wemp from people to storage for later use.So well lets start making ropes with 0 rope making skill with 99 ql wemp \o/. Really would been better just to ease up the other priests and not make life harder for the new players . But again what to i know of game balance am just a newbie. So now i have 2 options get a old account or grind for 10 years. The first option isent possible because i take bride making my accounts. But no point to have the 2 Nahjo accounts anymore so mayby this Fix helps my main to get up faster now. So ty? 

11 minutes ago, elroth said:

Due to this change being only how the sacrifice item works, and not any changes to the spell list, or abilities of these priests there will not be an option to switch faiths without penalty.

This might not change the spell list, but it does fundamentally change how these priests work.

Just now, Wulfmaer said:

This might not change the spell list, but it does fundamentally change how these priests work.

i quoted retrograde on that but yeah i agree! 

i am dumping my 2 nahjo now and will a lot of people. so please lets us switch back, since its now the god with the LEAST favor gain option

Very nice. The Max QL of your saccable is limited by your COOKING skill. Not your HFC. Your main skill. So unless you have it really high, your 99 QL onions are now garbage and won't get you anywhere near 4.5.

You get 1 chopped veggie per veggie. 

This added tit for tat. You get 1 for 1 with a timer in the middle and a QL cap.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sleepys said:

Am a new player well consider my self to be because played around a year. Also have had a nahjo priest. Just feel cheated here because am the one of the dum dums that have shopped tons and tons of wemp from people to storage for later use.So well lets start making ropes with 0 rope making skill with 99 ql wemp \o/. Really would been better just to ease up the other priests and not make life harder for the new players . But again what to i know of game balance am just a newbie. So now i have 2 options get a old account or grind for 10 years. The first option isent possible because i take bride making my accounts. But no point to have the 2 Nahjo accounts anymore so mayby this Fix helps my main to get up faster now. So ty? 

Sleepys, you are not a dumb dumb. This is a bad decision which will effect the game and the amount of players playing here. It will effect the amount of accounts each player is will to premium. Decisions like this just snowball. look now at the threads coming up about crop transfer and also priests wanting change to another faith.  How were you to know?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

Very nice. The Max QL of your saccable is limited by your COOKING skill. Not your HFC. Your main skill. So unless you have it really high, your 99 QL onions are now garbage and won't get you anywhere near 4.5.

? didnt retro say you can actually increase the ql of veggies with a high ql knife?

Nowhere does it say the ql is capped at your cooking skill, looks to me cookingskill will just influence your succes rate, like locksmithing does (locksmithing doesnt cap the ql of resulting locks, the iron does).

Would anyone like to share the actual mechanism of chopped veggies?

I'm guessing it uses a butchers knife but you know ... .Wurm......

Is it one veggie -> one chopped veggie  or is it one to multiple?

if the latter do different items give different quantities, like garlic may give  2 and pumpkins 10?

Hard for me to argue either way when I don't know anything about the new mechanism (not on wiki)

Just now, Lycanthropic said:

? didnt retro say you can actually increase the ql of veggies with a high ql knife?

Nowhere does it say the ql is capped at your cooking skill, looks to me cookingskill will just influence your succes rate, like locksmithing does (locksmithing doesnt cap the ql of resulting locks, the iron does).

I just went to test. They had 60QL knives in a coffin. I set my skills to 50 because that is about where my HFC is. Every veggie over 50 turned into a single 50QL chopped one.

i think it 1 to 1 for all

is it was 1 to 10 then nahjo be even better favor then before. and its trash nahjo week, not help nahjo week

4 minutes ago, Audrel said:

You get 1 chopped veggie per veggie. 

This added tit for tat. You get 1 for 1 with a timer in the middle and a QL cap.

no

the max ql is not limited by cooking skill, there is no cap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gaeron said:

Would anyone like to share the actual mechanism of chopped veggies?

I'm guessing it uses a butchers knife but you know ... .Wurm......

Is it one veggie -> one chopped veggie  or is it one to multiple?

if the latter do different items give different quantities, like garlic may give  2 and pumpkins 10?

Hard for me to argue either way when I don't know anything about the new mechanism (not on wiki)

It uses just a plain old knife. The formerly useless knife. Butchering knife did not have the create option.

One veggie = one chopped veggie. The only change is a time sink.

Just now, Retrograde said:

no

Not what I am seeing on test. Better go look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

no

You need to check test, Retro. Because everything I cut is capped at 50QL.