Sign in to follow this  
elroth

chopped veggies NOT BALANCED

13 minutes ago, Kadore said:

Just so I'm straight on this, the best bet to sac now is to:

Make a knife and fork ( cannot improve as a priest )

Make a Larder ( cannot improve as a priest )

Collect snow

Then spam spam spam until the following Winter

Doesn't require the fork to chop veg, just the knife ( just used knife and fork to demonstrate it wasn't the carver or butcher knife)

Priest can't make the larder, or any other item that requires additional mats, we all use alts on friends for this if we are solo priests.

Same for improving the knife, an alt or friend (or market) is required, same for for all tools the priest uses.

Same situation as current for the forges we cook in, the frying pans we use, the rakes for farming etc.

5 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

give nahjo sqaure cloth and lib locks then if that will make people feel better

this, i like squares for nahjo, but won't speak for lib.  locks makes sense I guess because inline with mag, but honestly locks are horrible on iron resources.  metal affinity should be allowed to just sac lockpicks too tbh, the crappy avg ql is balanced with the small weight I'd say

combined with actually being able to bulk chopped things, and bulking yoyos, and probably just letting alchemy saccers get double from chopped things, should be ok especially with chopped things adding ql which doesn't make any sense but alright

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

We all know Nahjo/lib was too easy sac wise, we just got used to easy mode; the change you've made imo is fair but took too long, pretty sure we cry for most of these updates when you guys implement them week 1, get ignored then a year later you come back saying ok we are right time to nerf, when we're all adjusted to it :P, people will be mad as shown, i have a nahjo priest, was in middle of grinding, currently 68 channeling, so i guess im screwed over but it's right thing to do long term. Too easy.

Also, whilst we on topic of priests; can you just allow lib on freedom now?

Problems and effective solutions rarely present themselves at the same time.

I also made a post regarding Lib and Freedom. TL;DR: I can't make the call, but I can tell you it shouldn't be done for this patch. It needs to be done slowly and tested, else folks could lose faith/priesthood.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

I also made a post regarding Lib and Freedom. TL;DR: I can't make the call, but I can tell you it shouldn't be done for this patch. It needs to be done slowly and tested, else folks could lose faith/priesthood.

At this point nobody cares if they lose lib priesthood.  They will have to convert to smeagain manually anyways now that libila is completely obsolete and dont have the luxury of a free faith convert like you are giving nahjo but not lib.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

give nahjo sqaure cloth and lib locks then if that will make people feel better

As many who have looked at WU know, the affinities for player gods are based on a deterministic random number. We give it the deity ID and it always gives us the same result.

That said, changing for one player god isn't really feasible at this time. If you recall the change months ago when Nahjo effectively lost some abilities. I'd much rather come up with a better solution for generating and storing these details so tweaks can be made without potentially "re-rolling" all player gods.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Keenan said:

As many who have looked at WU know, the affinities for player gods are based on a deterministic random number. We give it the deity ID and it always gives us the same result.

That said, changing for one player god isn't really feasible at this time. If you recall the change months ago when Nahjo effectively lost some abilities. I'd much rather come up with a better solution for generating and storing these details so tweaks can be made without potentially "re-rolling" all player gods.

Or hell, reroll faith meditation and karma with runes.

Build a system which looks at the scope of the big picture of the forest, not just the closup of the DR tree or player god tree.

This is a move in the right direction, ###### nahjo and his exploitish 1/4price sac item.

?

Can we sac chopped liver too?

6 minutes ago, Keenan said:

i think it would be ezer to bust the code up and what you are on chaos you stay there and what your are on freedom stays there. same for meditation paths. give everyone the ability to be priest and none priest.that way people on choas would have to go to the lights to become follower and priest. freedom answer is just put 2 lights on islands north and south side of xana  undeedable. it would save you all from the many hours of all the bs code becuz of blacklight and white like on choas and give people another reason to leave deed there

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

1.  Nice try, but it doesn't take a full KG to make one cloth square

2.  You can fit more favor in cordage ropes in a crate.  That depends on what you're comparing cordage rope to.  Sure, raw veggies fit more in a crate for example, but one raft can hold over 4k veggies.... which a single crate cannot.

3.  About the same number of people who can run two toons I'd bet (you did say pet priests were working as intended)  Thank you for furthering my point.

4.  It's actually closer to 0.75 (1/1.33333 if your "one and a third" is correct)   "One third" of .50 is .1666.  Pretty damn close to the .15 kg extra needed for each and every cordage rope.  I realize math is hard for you, but do please try to keep up, will you?

XD

1.  Point still stands since cordage gives more favour than cloth (double actually)

2.  Again its a matter of favor per unit (1 QL30 veggie = 1.5 favor, 1 QL30 cordage rope = 1.8 but 1QL80 veggie = 4 favor, 1 QL80 cordage rope = 12.8) and decay rate (no decay on the cordage, heavy decay on the veggies)

3.  <Redacted as seems a bit name cally>  I'm just going to leave that there and point out that you are very quick to defend QoL for yourself, but very quick to slam others who ask for it.

4.  Ok so 1 cordage rope = 0.65 wemp fiber which = (near as damn) 1.333333 etc "wemp units" (each one being 0.5 fiber)

So...  We divide both sides by 1.33 to get 1/1.33 corage rope = 1.33/1.33 "wemp units" which is? 

Well done, 0.75 cordage rope = 1 "wemp unit".  (after some rounding)

The accurate result comes out at just a little over (0.76) but I won't cover the calculations for that as its beyond what you need to know for your exam.

That'll be the £35 I usually charge for remedial mathematics tuition please ;)

Edit: Though in this case it was actually me not reading your comment properly that led to this so I'll waive the tuition fee this time and take some remedial reading lessons myself ^_^  I genuinely thought you were saying you got 0.65 cordage rope per wemp plant harvested since that would have been the far more informative statistic

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 1

So, if I understand this correctly 1000 veggies should give about 4,500 favor once chopped up.  Probably a touch more actually assuming a decent knife and even a bit of skill.

Currently I run a high end cordage ropemaker at about 95 skill and use a 95ql supreme ropetool that I keep imped up.  From many test runs I get about 4,200 favor from 1000 wemp.  This is before the change in cordage difficulty.  I'm assuming that after the change in cordage difficulty I'll get a lot more favor, but does anyone have any idea how much more?  For fun, lets assume it is 6,000 favor, that is then 6,000/4,500 for chopping veggies vs. wemp or 33% more.  I can live with that, but does anyone know the actual number?

• Like 1

You make it almost aound balanced, goldie.

Maybe.. maybe this went right? Lawd, lawd... maybe it went right

• Like 1

add a table for chopping veggies at a increased speed, i don't want this to become a chore because i think it will be

• Like 2

Please consider upping the favor for chopped veges by a lot.

I'm still very against this whole idea, I think it's bad for the game.

6 hours ago, Davih said:

Regarding the decreased difficulty, if you are worried about increased difficulty not allowing you to skillup further, just decrease the QL of your ropetool and you will get skill ticks as before.

Aren't higher quality tools faster? Higher quality tools take less damage. It's easier to enchant higher quality tools. Finally, a lot of Wurm players think it's stupid we have to use low quality tools to gain skill when skills get high. Ropemaking was one of the few skill that a person could use a decent quality tool even in the 90's.

Besides the main reason for the difficulty reduction was to increase average output quality and thus increase favor. Ya, so again, a better idea is to just increase the get-price in the first place. Wurm could easily increase the get-price of all ropes so no matter what you made the outcome was just as good as chopped veggies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niki said:

add a table for chopping veggies at a increased speed, i don't want this to become a chore because i think it will be

theres a test server u could try it before complaining about it being a chore.

4s timer with 60 ql knife. pretty fast.

36 minutes ago, joedobo said:

Aren't higher quality tools faster? Higher quality tools take less damage. It's easier to enchant higher quality tools. Finally, a lot of Wurm players think it's stupid we have to use low quality tools to gain skill when skills get high. Ropemaking was one of the few skill that a person could use a decent quality tool even in the 90's.

Besides the main reason for the difficulty reduction was to increase average output quality and thus increase favor. Ya, so again, a better idea is to just increase the get-price in the first place. Wurm could easily increase the get-price of all ropes so no matter what you made the outcome was just as good as chopped veggies.

Well, as there was someone saying "don't touch ropemaking" , i still believe that this is better than nothing!

I know it has its downsides, but i was just pointing out that the skilling up isn't just blocked anyway, and in no ways this can be worse than before.

I am going to be a Dev team cheerleader for the first time, because this is a great update.

5 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

1.  Point still stands since cordage gives more favour than cloth (double actually)  One cloth square takes .30 kg of cotton (1.5 strings).  That's 3 and 1/3 squares per one cotton, versus needing 1 and 1/3 wemp to make one cordage rope.   If your squares were 1/3 of the getprice, not 1/2 of cordage rope, I'd put aside the extra action you have to do (making string) if it wasn't for the added difficulty of cordage rope.   Again, math isn't hard, but fractions aren't for everybody.

2.  Again its a matter of favor per unit (1 QL30 veggie = 1.5 favor, 1 QL30 cordage rope = 1.8 but 1QL80 veggie = 4 favor, 1 QL80 cordage rope = 12.8) and decay rate (no decay on the cordage, heavy decay on the veggies)  Veggies decay in crates?  That's news to me.  I was referring to transportation, not storage, so decay is a non-issue.

3.  <Redacted as seems a bit name cally>  I'm just going to leave that there and point out that you are very quick to defend QoL for yourself, but very quick to slam others who ask for it.  It probably has to do with the fact that your definition of QoL differs from mine.  For me, QoL would be something like allowing cordage rope to be made from wemp plants.  For you, QoL is defined as any change to the game that benefits you personally, regardless of how badly it screws over other people (Libila priests, every BL kingdom on Chaos including the one that's less than a week old, etc).

4.  *snip* Right is right.

I'll just add one more thing.  Your Wurm life revolves around a Fo priest, who everyone who knows anything about priests (myself included) knows that cloth squares is the second most PiTA way of making favor (second only to yo-yos, and not counting Libila sacrificing teeth/glands/etc because it's out of date). 

Your continued forum rants about Fo priests, ranging from the healing/LoF nerfs, to rift materials not being obtainable for Fo priests makes it clear that Fo is the only religion you care about, and to hell with what everyone else thinks.

You have the attitude of someone that wants everyone to suffer, because you feel like Fo priests suffer.  In some ways you're right, and in alot of ways, your opinion is wrong.  You opposed the "healing nerf" with no regard or understanding of PvP mechanics because... you don't want your Fo priest to get nerfed.  The difference between you and I is that I play several religions of priest, in both PvP and PvE environments, and I am a little more conscious of the repercussions of what might happen to "A" if "B" gets changed.  In the case of something like this that is so broad that it deserves it's own well planned and well coordinated overhaul (much moreso than a cooking update IMHO) there's a little bit more to consider than your own little tree-hugging world.

2 hours ago, joedobo said:

I think this is a better way to up the favor from the ropes.  This gives us more favor from what we have and doesn't change anything.  While I know many who say but you shouldn't be raising ropemaking as a priest, well there are many of us that do and have.  The lowered difficulty will give us even more issues with trying to raise the skill as a priest. 

1 hour ago, Killroth said:

theres a test server u could try it before complaining about it being a chore.

4s timer with 60 ql knife. pretty fast.

Why can I have a table and make the actions 2 seconds? Majority of us dont see a point to this, I want to create my favor faster. Ropemaking has a rope tool for favor, cloth tailoring has a loom for favor, locksmithing has a small anvil, I want a chopping table.

Edited by Niki

sacrificing chopped veggies doesn't make sense to me. why would a god want chopped veggies. is the altar some kind of flux capacitor.

• Like 3

I always felt religion needed a gory sacrifice like a live animal on a full moon with animations and sounds. That would be a great way to update religion.

44 minutes ago, Shamgar said:

sacrificing chopped veggies doesn't make sense to me. why would a god want chopped veggies. is the altar some kind of flux capacitor.

haha

Chopping veggies is right click select select like in the old days. No crafting window.. 

Also chopped veggies are larder compatible only so no bulk storage available.

Good luck all priests to grind cooking themselves as they beed to produce the several k vegetable chops on the spot.

bfab128316c54b2fbd5e610076ac02b2.png

Was changed during testing but after the decision to enable them as favour for all priests they've been reworked. Will ask about the crafting window