Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #46: Showtime! (Almost)

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

nerf to priests now?

There's also single use runes, that provide an effect and disappear:

• Spells such as Goat shape, Mole Senses or Reveal Creatures.
  • Random colour changes of items!
  • Locate corpse.
  • and many moregonna

gonna give disintegrate wall with these too?

It's mostly spells that priests aren't immediately known for - none of the 'this is why i became a priest' spells are available as runes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stanlee said:

Wait why are gnomes on that list?
The red ones at least - I don't have a green to check - take positive decay (no damage, +QL), like wine.

that is a good question !

• Like 1

Hazelnuts have been removed from foraging last I know, and you have to plant hazelnut bushes.

The list is simply items that have the decoration flags, which is why some that already have no decay will show up. The kiln and smelter might be mistakes, will check

Heh a lot of changes since I last looked at SB on Serenity; though, still recognize a lot of the layouts.

Nice that someone appears to have replaced that obstructionist landbridge with an actual bridge now.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Can Brazier Pillars please be added to 'decoration' list or at least put in the same as Lamps and not decay while on deed.

15 hours ago, Sila said:

HELLO!!!!!  What is with braziers???_??    huge problem i have on deed is MARBLE BRAZIERS PILLARS AND COPPER BRAZIERS!!!   this takes way too much dmg   ALSO  EPIC PORTALS!!!!!

20 dmg on marble brazzier takes 4min to repair it

As someone who built a marble pillar brazier and imped it to 65+ QL and who also made copper braziers back when I was playing...to login after a break and find someone had just come and taken my marble brazier (I picked up the two copper braziers and stuffed them in my boat...so those would've been fine.)...I'm wondering whether they made it possible to plant both of these objects...as they didn't have that option back when I was playing since they'd just come out as a create-able object...and someone could easily just waltz by and walk off with them...even on-deed by loading (This was before the new permissions system and all the problems with load feature being added.). I know a 65+ QL stone object wouldn't decay in the time I was on break, so I'm wondering if it's possible to load them on wagons, and then plant them now. I shouldn't have to work my behind off for hours to make an item that can just be loaded up and taken. This should also apply to items like looms and spinning wheels (Both of mine disappeared too.). If we can load it, it should have a 'plant' option too! This should apply to most large objects of this nature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klaa said:

Heh a lot of changes since I last looked at SB on Serenity; though, still recognize a lot of the layouts.

Nice that someone appears to have replaced that obstructionist landbridge with an actual bridge now.

We may have messed up slightly and left the landbridge underneath it...

• Like 3

Yay for the fruit picking harvest etc being more related to skill, etc. Thank you for this and looking forward to the next update - so many good features coming in ! :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Budda said:

It's mostly spells that priests aren't immediately known for - none of the 'this is why i became a priest' spells are available as runes.

Still a nerf my friend, passing off content folks gave up the majority of wurm for is still a nerf.

Unless of course you were to give folks some of that content back (say let priests do everything a free account can (effective cap of 20 on everything a priest cannot currently do))....

• Like 1

marble braziers are nice and takes so much work and skill... would be shame to not have deco flag on it... also cant plant em now..   that need to be looked into again

• Like 3

If a marble brazier is on a deed that disbanded, why should it have anymore protection than a forge?

On 11/18/2016 at 0:36 PM, Stormblade said:

Can Brazier Pillars please be added to 'decoration' list or at least put in the same as Lamps and not decay while on deed.

And Valentines.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2016 at 11:00 PM, Ulviirala said:

Hazelnuts have been removed from foraging last I know, and you have to plant hazelnut bushes.

How do you plant them if you can't forage to find a seed to plant?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2016 at 6:52 PM, JakeRivers said:

If a marble brazier is on a deed that disbanded, why should it have anymore protection than a forge?

Hunh?  Makes no sense, what i'm asking is, If a marble brazier pillar, wich is considered a light source, aka a Lamp albeit a very Huge one, should be treated just like lamps, Zero decay while on deed with the +30.  

As far as I know, lamps, or anything for that mater, take decay while not on deed, disbanded or otherwise, Including marble brazier pillars.  So as far as I know is has Zero protection from decay while on deed with +30, it is not treated as a decoration, nor a light source ( lamp ) it's just... there.

What i'm asking is, for it to be treated as a light source, no decay on deed with +30, or to be treated as a decoration - again, no decay while on deed with +30.

• Like 2

Is there a time in UTC when server is going down for patch and when it's going live?  Since it's a global game, Tuesday is different for all of us and hoping Tuesday comes sooner for the server cooking update.

I really hope the 1.3 update does something about the egg cap. My chickens aren't laying because somewhere else there are a lot of eggs.

Not addressing this could really put a damper on any recipes that need eggs.

Edited by Darmalus

4 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Is there a time in UTC when server is going down for patch and when it's going live?  Since it's a global game, Tuesday is different for all of us and hoping Tuesday comes sooner for the server cooking update.

Smart money's around 2PM UTC  - late enough that they've made a list and checked it twice, early enough that if there's some kind of expected bug like "the cooking update deleted gravity" then they can get on that before it becomes a catastrope.

1 hour ago, Stanlee said:

Smart money's around 2PM UTC  - late enough that they've made a list and checked it twice, early enough that if there's some kind of expected bug like "the cooking update deleted gravity" then they can get on that before it becomes a catastrope.

oh no, that's a feature

1 hour ago, Darmalus said:

I really hope the 1.3 update does something about the egg cap. My chickens aren't laying because somewhere else there are a lot of eggs.

Not addressing this could really put a damper on any recipes that need eggs.

unfertilised eggs can be foraged

On 11/18/2016 at 0:17 PM, Retrograde said:

Decorate for days!
We previously announced that decoration items on deeds with over 30 days upkeep will not take decay, I've done some digging (nagging) and gotten a list! It may not be fully comprehensive, as some things might have been missed, but the general rule of thumb is, if it doesnt form a pile when dropped, and it can't be lit, then it won't decay (don't worry, this doesn't mean lamps will when planted)

Reveal hidden contents

altars
amphora
archery targets
armour stands
axe display
banners
barrels
barriers and siege shields
beds
bedside table
bell tower
bench
birdcage
boats
bookshelves
bow racks
buckets
bulk storage bin
candelabras
carpets
catapults
chairs
chairs
challenge statues
chests
coffin
colossi
crates
cupboards
dredge
fireplaces
fireworks
flags
flowerpots
food storage bin
fountains
gnomes
gravestone
hota statues
kiln
larder
large anvil
large magic chest
loom
lounges
mailboxes
market stalls
med rugs
message board
obelisk
oil barrels
pillars
planters
practice dolls
pylon
rafts
rugs
ship transporter
siege weapons
signs
small cart
small magic chest
snow lantern
snowmen
spinning wheel
statues
statuettes
stool
sword display
table
tables
tapestries
tents
throne
towers
trash heap
trellis
tub
wagon
washing bowl
weapons racks
well
wine barrel
wooden coffer
xmas trees
yule goat

This is awesome, thank you! I periodically disappear from the game for months at a time - I'm happy to keep my deed's upkeep high to prevent general decay, but decoration decay was something I always had to login every month or so to address. Glad to see this "chore" is no longer needed. :)

Really all I got out of this was more SKILL-BASED FRUIT HARVESTING...

Everything else is gravy right now... even the gravy.

A bit late on this, and it might have been posted already, but do unique skulls count as decorative items also for no decay? (only place I seem to be able to store them atm, is in the fountain pans, which have 17days left to live :s)

7 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

A bit late on this, and it might have been posted already, but do unique skulls count as decorative items also for no decay? (only place I seem to be able to store them atm, is in the fountain pans, which have 17days left to live :s)

ive stored them in a raft since forever (years) and they don't decay