+1 to that

-1 to locked chests/bsb's

renaming stuff not to big of an issue other than bridges if you inherit some

log your alt in if you used him to plant/name stuff

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Yep, cannot cast lava on colossus tile.

currently that is the only option

surround that sucker with lava tiles and hope a lucky tick spreads it to the colossus

• Like 1

On 17.12.2016 at 6:36 PM, JakeRivers said:

currently that is the only option

surround that sucker with lava tiles and hope a lucky tick spreads it to the colossus

I'am not sure if lava can spread to it. Colossus tile could work like structure or something.

I also would like to take ownership of stuff that is around my deed by a previous citizen that stopped playing.

I am thinking along the lines of :

Is Item on deed => has the item's owner logged in for xx days => Give Mayor option to claim ownership.

also

Is Item on deed => does the item's owner still exist (to cater for non prem ever deleted players) => Give Mayor option to claim ownership.

Is Item in house => is current player owner of house => has the item's owner logged in for xx days => Give house deed holder option to claim ownership.

also

Is Item in house => is current player owner of the house => does the item's owner still exist (to cater for non prem ever deleted players) => Give house owner option to claim ownership.

On 11/18/2016 at 2:20 PM, Wilczan said:

Colossus was build by some old player who isn't playing anymore.

I, as a mayor, cannot move the colossus or destroy it.

-1 to destroying it, maybe you should be able to move it though. The issue here is that people spend a lot of work to build one - hey it's a colossus after all -, and it might happen to be a useful landmark. Just deeding over it shouldn't automatically allow you to destroy it for everyone else.

Not sure really, because nowadays we seem to have too many :) and definitely not all of them are useful to others. Not all of them were even built with the intention to be useful to others.

Land is limited, colossi keep adding up in years.

Maybe introduce heritage status for them, if it isn't yet. Make heritage those worth it, and allow push/pull, perhaps even very tedious destruction of the others.

Another example is someone's body laying on my deed, wich I also cannot take or bury. Only can wait till it rot.

I thought they only stay for a few days until they rot. If still true, it shouldn't be a big deal for mayors.

-1, I can understand an aesthetic frustration, but definitely wouldn't want anyone to grab people's items immediately just because they died in the wrong place.

Another example are crates/chests/bsb unloaded/planted by my alt.

As a mayor I cannot rename those items, must load/unload every crate/chest or empty bsb, grab it and replant it. Or log my alt to rename. It force player to remember wich thing was put by wich character, to be able to rename it.

Doesn't the examine message say who planted them? It says for lamps, "was firmly secured on the ground by X". If it doesn't, it should.

You can load them, as you note yourself, and that will give you "ownership" when you unload. So you're not blocked, even if it wasn't your alt who planted them but a player who quit.

+1 though, I don't see the problem with a small change to allow mayors and building owners to rename anyway items planted by someone else. I seem to recall this was actually very annoying for non-empty bsbs. If you forgot who planted/dropped it and started filling it, tough luck. (haven't tested it recently though)

On 11/18/2016 at 11:55 PM, Makarus said:

can't remove or altar the 4 or 5 carts on deed that aren't mine nor decay due to deed.

Eventually the owners will come 'round but until then it is something frustrating.

I haven't tested this in a while, but if it still happens, I'm sad to hear; it was a side effect of the introduction of "may drag permission" for carts, which was an unnecessary addition imo. Plus less decay on deed for vehicles, which I hope isn't (wasn't?) actually much different than off-deed, but I may be wrong on this one. They should decay in some measure, though, anyway.

You can't push/pull either? I think that should work at least.

+1 to move carts until the first perimeter tile, at least, for any role with respective deed permissions (drag or push/pull, preferably both).

On 11/21/2016 at 7:58 AM, Wilczan said:

Also, there should be an option, when someone build building on your deed, that you automatically became an owner of this building. Builder just gets manage options.

Afaik, if someone builds on the deed, the building gets automatically the "settlement may manage" flag set. That flag can only be removed by the mayor. So you get to manage it, and the owner can't take away your right. I don't see why the major would need ownership.

-1 on this.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:54 PM, Wilczan said:

At least move, couse maker, for example, before quitting game, can put his colossus in any place on deed, thus blocking some vital place for mayor.

The colossus builder can only put it *on deed* if the mayor allowed them in the first place. A colossus builder is not a noob. If you can't agree with your skilled villagers on such thing of importance, then you shouldn't have them as villagers. In extreme occasions, when they made it to annoy you and left the deed and refuse to move it, or heck knows what, you can try to talk to GMs, it should be griefing. This is not a -1 on the colossus issue, it's only that this particular reason is not convincing to me.

3 hours ago, Anarres said:
On 11/21/2016 at 0:58 AM, Wilczan said:

Also, there should be an option, when someone build building on your deed, that you automatically became an owner of this building. Builder just gets manage options.

Afaik, if someone builds on the deed, the building gets automatically the "settlement may manage" flag set. That flag can only be removed by the mayor. So you get to manage it, and the owner can't take away your right. I don't see why the major would need ownership.

-1 on this.

On 12/13/2016 at 0:54 PM, Wilczan said:

At least move, couse maker, for example, before quitting game, can put his colossus in any place on deed, thus blocking some vital place for mayor.

The colossus builder can only put it *on deed* if the mayor allowed them in the first place. A colossus builder is not a noob. If you can't agree with your skilled villagers on such thing of importance, then you shouldn't have them as villagers. In extreme occasions, when they made it to annoy you and left the deed and refuse to move it, or heck knows what, you can try to talk to GMs, it should be griefing. This is not a -1 on the colossus issue, it's only that this particular reason is not convincing to me.

There is no reason why a mayor of a deed should not have a option to assume ownership of a building if they so wanted. Bashing abandoned buildings on your deed may not always be an option if a building is part of a bridge or you simply want to keep it and make use of it after a villager has moved on to greener pastures. This does not lessen the security of the building on your deed regardless, as the mayor can bash any building on deed at anytime.

There are a lot of abandoned colossus where deeds have disbanded, usually the spot is a nice place where you may want to build a deed, but usually your plans do not mesh with the spot a colossus is sitting, I recently expanded my deed and ended up with several of these as part of my deed, where they are do not mesh with my plans and would love to see them go. There is no reason to make these things 'heritage', it is a structure that can be built at any time and is no more work than building a guard tower really.

You already have the option to destroy a guard tower on your deed, it makes no sense to not apply the same permissions to a colossus.

+1 YES please on colossus...it is annoying.

See support for this suggestion here with pages of people asking for same 

[;ok, it's done.

Destroyed the colossus.

Like been said in 

there probably were some ninja fix and now I was able to destroy it. If you still cannot destroy it as a mayor, talk to GM and point to the topic "Colossus Removal" where you have evidence that at least 4 people were able to remove it as a mayor, while not being an owner.

+1 The deed owner should be able to destroy any structure on-deed in one action.  Not bash, destroy.  If you destroy something by accident, re-build it.

7 hours ago, Wilczan said:

[;ok, it's done.

Destroyed the colossus.

Like been said in 

there probably were some ninja fix and now I was able to destroy it. If you still cannot destroy it as a mayor, talk to GM and point to the topic "Colossus Removal" where you have evidence that at least 4 people were able to remove it as a mayor, while not being an owner.

Ninja fix or not, I am bashing away right now, in case someone didn't intend for this to be.

• Like 1