Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Allow mayor to destroy/move/rename all things on deed

Hello

Got this deed:

Wolfheart.jpg

There are two buildings on two pillars, connected with a bridge.

There is also third pillar (on the left), where I would like to build another building and connect with bridge to the central pillar, but I cannot do this couse colossus is blocking any attempt to build a building.

Colossus was build by some old player who isn't playing anymore.

I, as a mayor, cannot move the colossus or destroy it.

Another example is someone's body laying on my deed, wich I also cannot take or bury. Only can wait till it rot.

Another example are crates/chests/bsb unloaded/planted by my alt.

As a mayor I cannot rename those items, must load/unload every crate/chest or empty bsb, grab it and replant it. Or log my alt to rename. It force player to remember wich thing was put by wich character, to be able to rename it.

• Like 8

+1 allow almost anyone to rename crates

Edited by Soil

Tulum is beautimus.

I couldn't rename the bridges without LT returning to do so, a long sail, and can't remove or altar the 4 or 5 carts on deed that aren't mine nor decay due to deed.

Eventually the owners will come 'round but until then it is something frustrating.

I renamed deed to match the bridges, Tulum isnt a bad name. Wish I could change details on me deed thoigh.

Also, there should be an option, when someone build building on your deed, that you automatically became an owner of this building. Builder just gets manage options.

• Like 2

+1 to everything but corpse, Id hate to die on somebodies land and come back the next day to not see it there. Even if you can't steal it, I won't have a clue where it could be. It could even be moved elsewhere and rot for the items.

• Like 2

Is collosus concern as decoration? Couse if so, the last hope that he will decay in some time will die after recent update...

Edited by Wilczan

Yes to managing everything else, no to managing bodies. It would, in my opinion, allow people to set up traps. Maybe if it had a timer on bodies or something, to let the rightful owner summon/recover their body. 

Traps are entertainment.

Oh theres my corpse hey this is unfamiliar oh dang poison darts what is this

• Like 1

Mayor rights need to be looked at. I put real money to get silver to have a deed and I would like to manage all things on my terms.

Make mayors great again!

Recent patch:

• The following can now be destroyed by the owner:
    • colossus

Great, but mayor still cannot destroy it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Recent patch:

• The following can now be destroyed by the owner:
    • colossus

Great, but mayor still cannot destroy it.

Strange.  I don't know much about colossi but they're not storage or anything.  Do they have rights management where we're supposed to transfer ownership like a cart or something?

I would have thought if you're allowed to put a deed over it, you would gain ownership.  Isn't that how mine doors operate?

3 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

I would have thought if you're allowed to put a deed over it, you would gain ownership.  Isn't that how mine doors operate?

Yeah, it works like that, also with guard towers. But for some unknown reason not for colossus.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Yeah, it works like that, also with guard towers. But for some unknown reason not for colossus.

have to wonder if maybe that's an oversight.  I know mine doors didn't always work as they do now, so it is something that can be amended.  Maybe it's one of those things they thought was now done only to learn there was another step in the process... no idea but kinda hoping that's all it is.

I can understand wanting some sense of permanence to colossi given the massive undertaking to build them (lack of decay for instance), and the "look at what I have created" moment... but due respect to the builders, nothing in Wurm really lasts forever.  Players past can't expect to keep their mark on lands of current players.  If they really wanted to, then they should keep it deeded by pouring silver into upkeep before taking a break from Wurm.

They can always buy some silver from CC before the deed runs out and replenish upkeep.  Not doing that should mean they have chosen to forgo their claim on that space and stand to lose what's on it.  That's how it works for everybody else.

Yeah, I mentioned this issue in few topics. Waiting for this change almost a year, thus cannot progress my deed for so long.

It would be nice if @Retrogradeor someone from the staff said what is their view on that matter, couse I don't know what to expect in the future.

- if they won't change it couse of....

- they want to change it, it's on the list, but not know when it would be done

- they don't even considered it yet

Edited by Wilczan

+1 more control for mayors.

I don't think colossus should be destroyable by anyone but the maker or upon rare exceptions, staff.
but certainly you should be able to move them if you are the mayor.

On 12.12.2016 at 7:17 PM, Steveleeb said:

I don't think colossus should be destroyable by anyone but the maker or upon rare exceptions, staff.

At least move, couse maker, for example, before quitting game, can put his colossus in any place on deed, thus blocking some vital place for mayor.

On 12/12/2016 at 0:17 PM, Steveleeb said:

load it on a cart?

If you're the mayor of the deed it is on, of course.