Sign in to follow this  
NoahKirchner

Tile Model Glitch

Since I've been playing wurm initially, the ground infront of me has always looked like this (http://imgur.com/a/YRmp8 ), the entire time I walk the two tiles infront of me look like the intended texture and then everything else is a buggy mess. After messing around with all of the graphics options I figured that it was just normal and everyone had to deal with it. Then I watched a few youtube videos on wurm while playing, and realized that it's not intentional. I went back into my settings, and remembered that I'd turned off GLSL shading because it made my character model bug out (http://imgur.com/a/Q6WzX ). When I turned GLSL shading back on, however, the ground infront of me problem was fixed (http://imgur.com/a/yxRVO) but now my character was a buggy mess.

Is this something that can be fixed or just a problem that I'll have to endure without GLSL shading?

PS. Sorry if this was in the wrong place, but I figure this has to do with the texturing of a model so I put it here.

It seems that you have the same problem I had: your game does not use your graphics card. I have posted here the instructions on how to get it work.

1 hour ago, Kadmint said:

It seems that you have the same problem I had: your game does not use your graphics card. I have posted here the instructions on how to get it work.

Yes, the problems we have are the same but I'm using an intel graphics card and I don't have any of the options that the thing you posted said to do. I've dug through my control panels for both my computer in general and my graphics properties and I can't seem to find anything even related to your instructions. Thank you for the help though.

Ah, sorry to hear that. Hope you will find something useful eventually, you at least can identify what causes the problem now.

23 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

Ah, sorry to hear that. Hope you will find something useful eventually, you at least can identify what causes the problem now.

Well it seems that if I enable GLSL shading then my graphics card recognizes it as 3D? Maybe it'd be easier to try to fix the stretched player models part if that's possible.. Well, internet diving I go, wish me luck :P.

• Like 1

Despite multiple attempts I can't seem to fix the problem. I did however figure out that if I turn on GLSL shading (which gives me the weird models), and then turn off VBO I get the same tile glitch effect, so they're somehow related. Beyond that, I'm completely lost and would appreciate any more help :P.

Unstable client is currently using the new graphics renderer, if it's fixed the Intel tile rendering/GLSL character model problem this is excellent news thank you NoahKirchner.