Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Please remove suggestions from forum.

The forum only represents a small selection of wurm community  (mostly bored pvpers) please remove suggestion thread and instead present ideas as a pop up in game. 

let people select from previously suggested ideas on a multiple choice question.

• Like 1

Pop ups require effort from the staff, so -1.  (Seriously, there have been like 3 in the last 2 years).

Any player that's been playing long enough to know how the game works should be using the forum.  Besides, how will we present our ideas to the staff if there's no forum to post them on?  You actually think Buddha and Retro think up 100% of the changes themselves?  I think not!

• Like 1

-1, every major game(and minor)takes suggestions from the players and uses them at their discretion.

If you cared to even look and not just spout random bs for the sake of attention seeking, you might realize there is a pretty good mix of pvp and pve suggestions. Regardless, the surplus of pvp suggestions call me crazy but it just might have something to do with those servers going from sustained 600+ population across all 5 servers to ~100 we see today.

Beyond the few trouble makers who like to stir up stuff the suggestions tend to be pretty good discussions that bring up points both sides might have not seen on its own and foster good discussion.  It's upto the devs to sort through it and decide what parts to take, or to just take some inspiration from it in general or even to ignore it all and go a path they choose like leaving it as it is. Not like anything is set in stone they are suggestions open for discussion nothing is for sure unless the developers likes the idea(s).

Plus if you close this forum, people are just going to post suggestions elsewhere because ya know people have ideas for the game they spend so much time,energy and money on and want to share them in a settings that they know other people who are interested in will be able to see it.

• Like 3

please remove stupid players suggesting stupid suggestions... pretty please with a cherry on top ?

• Like 10

The staff and developers can still consult the community on things; it's not like this forum is the only place where they look.

Really, if the problem is that more of the community isn't making their views or suggestions known, the solution is for those people to step up and say something instead of staying silent and then getting mad when things don't go their way.

• Like 1

+1 to Odynn's suggestion..

But seriously though, this is the best part of the forums.  How we make Wurm a better game.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

If there was no suggestion thread, you wouldn't have been able to make this suggestion.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Killroth said:

The forum only represents a small selection of wurm community  (mostly bored pvpers) please remove suggestion thread and instead present ideas as a pop up in game. 

let people select from previously suggested ideas on a multiple choice question.

So people with multiple accounts can vote more...

19 hours ago, Killroth said:

Also, I think that saying bored PvPers is redundant.

The Suggestions & Ideas thread is a good outlet for players to express their Ideas as Suggestions; therefore, if they have no expectations of them ever being implemented they will at least have a more isolated area of these forums wherein to deposit them. Sort of a trash bin for unreasonable expectations and a shinning light in the darkness where all hope beyond hope has not yet been extinguished.

For those with a similar mindset easily disturbed by thoughts not originated from themselves they merely can avoid these idealogs by not venturing into this remote isolated compartment of confinement. Even then, have no fear since little of substance will leak out into those treasured and protected Wurm realms of tedium and lack of forethought. Stay well and remember only you can blow your own mind by giving substance to other's existence through reading their assembled rambling's on (and off too).

=Ayes=

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ayes said:

The Suggestions & Ideas thread is a good outlet for players to express their Ideas as Suggestions; therefore, if they have no expectations of them ever being implemented they will at least have a more isolated area of these forums wherein to deposit them. Sort of a trash bin for unreasonable expectations and a shinning light in the darkness where all hope beyond hope has not yet been extinguished.

For those with a similar mindset easily disturbed by thoughts not originated from themselves they merely can avoid these idealogs by not venturing into this remote isolated compartment of confinement. Even then, have no fear since little of substance will leak out into those treasured and protected Wurm realms of tedium and lack of forethought. Stay well and remember only you can blow your own mind by giving substance to other's existence through reading their assembled rambling's on (and off too).

=Ayes=

The substance is there whether or not you view it, your viewing it just has the property of change.

Did the fallen tree in the forest make a sound when it fell and no one was around the hear it? Yes.

21 hours ago, tamat said:

So people with multiple accounts can vote more...

I have something like 20+ accts scattered around... muaha.

Some of the replies in these forums are pitiful, some are straight up poison. Some ideas are golden, others more akin to yellow snow.

This is precisely why a suggestion forum exists, any of us can regurgitate the good/bad ideas that spring to mind and get hi5s or torched where we stand over it.

Its a good system, and I liked some of your last idea buddy, but you need to chill a bit. The forums don't have to die cause you got shot down.

Annyywaaaysssss

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around, who cares? I am paving that lot next week.

Earth first, we'll drill the rest later.

• Like 1

+1, takes the devs a year to use/create ingame one suggestion from the thousands presented in this forum category. May as well have an in game poll or something

-1, I respect your opinion but some of the best features in the game would've never even entered the drawing board without the suggestions forums + that some of the biggest annoyances would've gone unnoticed.

no

terrible idea, nobody likes surveys, and we have *wild* ideas and discussions about it sometimes.. easier to check all that in the forums.(#here..)

WO owes plenty to the suggestions section. 
sure it feels like we get ignored time after time on certain, recurrent, suggestions.
but the reality of  `made by gamers for gamers` has always owed credence to constructive and sometimes creative feedback, from gamers.
we all have an aspect of genius running through us, the question of calibre is how often it shines.
I've seen it shine here.

removing this forum section would be a bad decision as almost all of us know.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, Roushi said:

Did the fallen tree in the forest make a sound when it fell and no one was around the hear it?

The great philosopher Gump on his journey through the Matrix stated: "There are no trees only the Forest." The problem is that you just can't see it for the Trees.

=Ayes=

Once in a while, when the stars are right, and moons are in one line, Gods go down to the earth, to listen mortals wishes. Then they choose one of them and make it happen.

Praise the gods!!

I just joined the forum (a few days ago), and I started playing about a month ago, I never PVPed (yet), and I'm definetly not bored.  

I disagree with Kilroth's suggestion. (pop up? I definetly want no pop up's), the forum suggestions should stay.

But, I would like to have an ingame option to complain about stuff that are not a huge issue enough to call support, but still an issue that makes my gameplay obstructed.

If I want to post in the forum about anything, I have to go someplace safe in the game with my toon, to avoid getting killed, while I post in the forum. Sometimes, that can be time consuming (my toon could be far from such safe place, and logging out is not a solution, the character stays in the game for another minute), I don't find checking the game every 10 seconds, while I type here very practical,  and my toon does get hungry and thirsty, so accessing the forum, is a drawback for me (This mostly goes to all the CA's that suggested I should post in the forum about it, when I called support).  I'm here to play the game, not to post in the forum (when I don't feel like posting), and if I discover a bug for example, I would like to report about it ingame, and continue playing asap.

lol
what do you do if you need the toilet?

posting while playing is a liberty that your intelligence affords you.
If you `can't post at the moment` .. don't.
just hold the thought as you would your bladder

Edited by Steveleeb