Sign in to follow this  
Belgrim

[Done] Disease and healing changes

Recently changes were made to healing so that channeling affects the power.

It also appears that the "heal" spell now no longer cures disease.  Or, possibly if it does cure disease it requires an extremely high cast power to do so.  Please update the disease page so that us poor players won't go around thinking there's a way to cure disease other than fattening yourself above 90% "food" rating and sitting on an enchanted grass tile. 

broken page:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Disease

inaccurate info:

Another option is to ask a Fo priest to cast Heal, this will instantly heal the disease but the text might still there because client delay.

testing done:

I cast "heal" several times with 20 channeling on several diseased characters, none of them were cured.  (re-logged in to check for client bugs)

I asked in CA help, no one there had heard of a recent disease cure through "heal".

I cast "humid drizzle" on diseased characters to be sure that also didn't work.

Also note: It seems my characters are also remaining diseased (with diseased text at login) without having the diseased icon showing up or sometimes the icon shows up a few minutes after login.  Makes it very difficult to be sure when I am or am not diseased, though I can be sure no heal cast caused the "disease is gone" message. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

Actually 70nutrition and ~15min is all you need with a 90ish% full hunger bar; tested recently..

unless you have 1hfc and eat raw pumpkins and such... you'll be ok in 15min;)

(btw 71 nutrition = ql20 meal, heated to *hot* before eating that)

About the cast problem.. carry on.. just saying it's easy to deal with this w/o magic, the disease itself does not seem to affect your character(we need a wu-miner to confirm..)

My problem is a sermon group of 10 or so characters, getting them all clean without splitting them up and skipping at least 1 sermon cycle is difficult. 

Then just 1 gets diseased again and it starts all over...

Just an addendum, it seems that sacrificing can cure disease if you're a priest.  (Not sure for followers or the details).

How does it work when a post is deleted? I posted here and it was deleted, but the "following" part of the thread stayed. I wish I knew the criteria of why my post would be deleted.

5 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

How does it work when a post is deleted? I posted here and it was deleted, but the "following" part of the thread stayed. I wish I knew the criteria of why my post would be deleted.

Given that what you've just posted there is challenging moderation, I assume you haven't read the forum rules.

Challenging Moderation

A ) You should never challenge moderator actions in public.

- All challenges relating to moderation action should be sent privately to a forum moderator. If a satisfactory solution cannot be achieved then send your concerns to the Lead Forum Moderator.

B ) If you have had a post removed and are unable to determine the reason after a careful review of the Forum Rules, contact a forum moderator with any questions regarding why.