Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Let all priests sacrifice crops for favor.

Is there a reason why a couple priests can sacrifice crops which is very easy favor and some have to sacrifice items that take several steps and very seldom turn out max ql?

As it is right now most of pve is nahjo. and im guessing alot of pvp is libila( tons of libila priest alts pumping out ######)

Why not just let all priests sacrifice healing cover items.

All priests have thier strength and weaknesses but as it is now a couple have a huge advantage because of sacrificing for favor.

Give em all the same sac item and it would even em out . Would be alot more people preming up thier priest alts. 

more money for wurm  more diversity in the game.

• Like 3

You're free to switch to nacho any day or move to chaos and be a libila priest

12 minutes ago, Finnn said:

i have a nacho tyvm mr -1, some people arent narcissistic and think of the game as a whole. 

Might as well ask for all priests to share the same spell list. Just think about how many people will prem up or create priest alts. More money for Wurm.

• Like 2

Please close this ###### down. done with this forum. 

my last suggestion disable forums for people sitting on thier deed wiating for pvp in chaos cause they obviously could give 2 ###### about this game and only care about causing ###### on the forums.

2 minutes ago, Killroth said:

Please close this ###### down. done with this forum. 

my last suggestion disable forums for people sitting on thier deed wiating for pvp in chaos cause they obviously could give 2 ###### about this game and only care about causing ###### on the forums.

I mean if you make a stupid suggestion expect stupid results... sorry

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Yesirn said:

I mean if you make a stupid suggestion expect stupid results... sorry

well considering for gameplay/qol its actually one of the best priest suggestions if you ignore crying about muh monies.  though the way I support it is to let non-alchemy saccers get half the favor, same as if a mag priest sacced a yoyo he'd get half the favor as a priest with wood sac

enchanting is a super necessary evil especially on pvp.  i've been mag, my other prem account is nahjo, ive used fo, vyn, and nathan for a ton of enchanting too (vyn is ovious, fo is lt/wild growth, nathan is web/rt).  nothing, not a damn thing was as relieving as just taking stuff from my fsb and enchanting my pvp gear or helping kingdom mates out, rather than sitting there spending extra time spamming out sac materials because you know stuff like yoyos cant even be bulked

lets also not ignore how much nicer this is for new and upcoming priest mains/alts in pvp or pve to get their foot in the door

-hey, you need to grind farming anyway to tame your animals and feed them, so you have sac materials for your priest, how neat is that, you can get right into it!

-hey, you need to grind farming anyway to tame your animals and feed them, so go grind woodcutting, cloth tailoring, and toy making, and make spam crappy yoyos until you get good skill for decent ones, have fun i guess!

• Like 3

Grinding animal taming does not require farming skill.   It has been proven that high QL crops do not increase your success chance of taming an animal.  The only benefit is the length of the action timer being reduced, which one could argue makes grinding animal taming harder.

Every priest can use cordage rope for favor.  Current market prices of veggies and favor (cordage rope) are roughly the same.  I didn't de-priest, take the time to grind ropemaking to 90+ and re-priest just to be able to make mooring ropes to build boats, sorry.

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

That is extremely boring.. Plenty of the priest have a few spells in common but being able to cast them often is what makes it all the more different. Variety in the game is amazing, and the large amount of Najho priest really does show how it has plenty of necessities (not all, plenty) for pve.

2 hours ago, lolmaster said:

Might as well ask for all priests to share the same spell list. Just think about how many people will prem up or create priest alts. More money for Wurm.

Did you think before you type...?

+1(if nobody gets to use alchemy materials) as a person who is working does jewelry smithing. Yes it takes time to raise skills in farming really high, but after the skill is extremely high its no longer difficult to pull large amounts of favor out of the dirt for specific deities (in comparison to improving jewels). Ropemaking I can't complain since no priest has an advantage over the other when sacrificing it and requires plenty of net trap imping.

Edited by Yiraia
forgot to specify what i +1

44 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Did you think before you type...?

Yeah, more money for Wurm.

i like Gary's idea, half favor for any priest from veggies or alchemy supplies if that is not your main sac material.

that way it might not be the best way to get favor but at least you can do it too.

10 minutes ago, lolmaster said:

Yeah, more money for Wurm.

Correct me if wrong but, if I am rich and I enjoy a semi afk game, I would have 1 (possibly more) regular crafters/fighters and as many useful priest as i can get. If there are 6 different types of priest, then I would buy all six and maybe multiple for linking purposes. If they all have the same spells then I would only buy 1 (or 2 for linking). Am i not seeing something?

3 hours ago, Killroth said:

As it is right now most of pve is nahjo. and im guessing alot of pvp is libila( tons of libila priest alts pumping out ######)

Paaweelr is a WL demigod that has BoTD cast. Barely anyone is libila anymore. (also considering you HAVE to be in a BL kingdom to have one). 

2. The reason Libila was changed to veggies is because her thing is coin and meat, which unless you want to sacc a few silver coins, or a butt load of meat. You weren't going anywhere fast for favor, iirc. 

Just some clarifications. Even though it might mess with "the lore", sure I'll give ya a +1.

45 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

Am i not seeing something?

Yeah, all the forgotten Wurm people that only have a main. This would be an opportunity to get a priest alt or two for all the spells. Time for Wurm to work for all the people not just the one percent.

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Grinding animal taming does not require farming skill.   It has been proven that high QL crops do not increase your success chance of taming an animal.  The only benefit is the length of the action timer being reduced, which one could argue makes grinding animal taming harder.

Every priest can use cordage rope for favor.  Current market prices of veggies and favor (cordage rope) are roughly the same.  I didn't de-priest, take the time to grind ropemaking to 90+ and re-priest just to be able to make mooring ropes to build boats, sorry.

It wasn't stated 'for grinding'

Sure every priest can use cordage but honestly with 90 skill and 90ql tool and 100ql wemp still getting bloody awful average ql rope no thanks I'd rather stick pins in my eye balls...

Every other priest gets half favor from other priests sac items, why should veggies be any different

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

grind farming, get more veggies per harvest which means more items to use.  not rocket science

ropemaking is probably the actual legit worst thing to grind for sac materials.  the ql you get with high skill and a high ql rare+ rope tool is god awful, and ropes are very resource intensive (ex: 1 cotton makes 5 yoyos, 1 wemp cant even make 1 rope)

i have over 90 in toy making, cloth tailoring, and woodcutting.  over 70 locksmithing and ropemaking.  I don't care if saccing veggies for all priest makes those skills worthless.  I care that I get to play without wanting to quit because necessities are taking too damn long and the exact opposite of fun.  a game that is fun can grow, a game that isn't fun cant, who knew

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

grind farming, get more veggies per harvest which means more items to use.  not rocket science

ropemaking is probably the actual legit worst thing to grind for sac materials.  the ql you get with high skill and a high ql rare+ rope tool is god awful, and ropes are very resource intensive (ex: 1 cotton makes 5 yoyos, 1 wemp cant even make 1 rope)

i have over 90 in toy making, cloth tailoring, and woodcutting.  over 70 locksmithing and ropemaking.  I don't care if saccing veggies for all priest makes those skills worthless.  I care that I get to play without wanting to quit because necessities are taking too damn long and the exact opposite of fun.  a game that is fun can grow, a game that isn't fun cant, who knew

Wurm? Fun? Pressing buttons isn't fun. The key idea is to have it so a person can't just be a priest and casually play without a town. As a World Civilization student (woo hoo college) Priest aren't people that can walk around and farm then sacrifice the food to cast spells. They were meant to keep a town in order, but with this ability to farm and sac the products, they won't need a town. Besides the game doesn't grow at all because of priest, its the builders who participate in making this world that does everything.

This brings memories... Quotation time.

On 12.05.2016 at 7:06 AM, Zekezor said:

Sacrifical favor balance for enchanting items.

Crops are by far the easiest

plant seed -> Harvest multiple sacrifical items. Only farming skill (which is a standalone skill that requires no other skill to support it)

lets compare it to the others

Ropes.

Plant seeds -> Harvest multiple wemp -> Cruch them to fiber -> make ropes. 2 additional steps compared to crops aswell as an additional skill which is ropemaking.

Locks

Mine iron -> Smelt ore / refuel / wait -> Create locks. "One" additional step yet includes a pain in the ass step. requires mining (takes eons to level high while using non-iron veins) and locksmithing (requires leveling by spamming useless lockpicks rather than sacrifical locks)

Pieces of cloth

Plant seeds -> Harvest multiple cotton -> spin it into tiny strings of cloth -> combine and loom it into square pieces of cloth. 2 additional steps and requires cloth tailoring (which needs to be leveled by improving non-sacrifical items)

Yoyos (LOL HAHAHAHA, GET REKT)

Cut tree -> Make shaft -> Plant seeds -> Harvest multiple cotton -> Spin it into tiny strings of cloth -> Make yoyos...........  4 additional steps.... Woodcutting, carpentry, farming, cloth making, toy making... Woodcutting requires a billion trees cut down (which will never be needed for the yoyos), the carpentry skill requires tons of carpentry items imped, the cloth tailoring requires tons of cloth items imped, the toy making requires tons of dolls imped.

Also incase you didnt realise...

leveling ropemaking by improving rope traps isnt possible as a priest, but you can get decently high over time spamming cordage rope (which is rather time intensive).

leveling cloth tailoring high as a priest by spamming pieces of cloth instead of improving is impossible.

mining and woodcutting is restricted for most priest types.

While farming is limited for libila priests (the original god for crop sacrificing), its not restricted for the new player gods that also sacrifice it.

Locks and yoyos can't be mass-stored properely using bsbs, ropes and pieces of cloth lose a lot of favor value by combining them in a bsb, farming crops come out at X quality each time based on skill and can thus be stored in the thousands without worry.

Carpentry and toy making cant be leveled as a priest.

in short:

Sacrificing crops (which require no tools or merely a 1ql rake) is by far superior for enchanting compared to other methods available.

On 12.05.2016 at 8:28 AM, zigozag said:

Thanks, Retrograde, for showing some attention to this...

Well, the fact that it is unbalanced is kinda the very reason of this thread, right?

To all said by @Zekezori would also add that with every additional step of crafting you end up with much lower average ql of the product (which is unimpable in this case) at any skill. I heard that 90+ ropemaking leaves you alone with 60-70ql average cordage even if you make it of 99ql wemp (confirm, anybody?). Don't even want to think about locks. That said, i highly doubt that the original gods' favor gain methods are balanced. Balanced as is have around the same investment/return ratio.

The topic, however, addresses the possible way of restoring "balance". Currently, the ways of gaining favor for original WL gods as described above are a pain. And torture. However, honestly, i have never tried any of them. In fact, i would never even make a priest if i had no other choice except these three.

I believe, that RNG on every step, the need to grind additional "side-effect" skills, the fact that most priests are alts - all lead us to setup of a few high-skilled priests selling their services to everyone, making RL income off the game, while others can barely afford (money- and timewise) their priests to accomplish their personal needs and needs of their villages.

Stomping Nahjo down to the ground would be the easiest way, like Hailene noticed. But is making Nahjo life just as painful as others' the answer you're looking toward?  I believe not. Let me propose a concept:"The methods of getting favor for priests of various deities, if left different, should be evened out in sense of investment/return ratio. But since playing priest as main is almost impossible, the difficulty grindiness of their playstyle should not even get close to that of a main."

- You could start from removing these additional steps. For instance: crops for Nahjo, wood (wood scraps) for Vynora, clay for Fo, iron for Mag.

- You could make those complex items like locks, pieces of cloth, yoyos and even cordage ropes give triple, quadruple favor or any other (higher than 2) amount.

- You could make the amount of favor scale more with QL to make those master lockmiths, toymakers, ropemakers feel better about their immense investments

- You could remove or lower the effect of RNG on some of these additional steps

But i don't want to play a game designer here for i'm not even barely close to being one. You have access to a lot of data we, players, can never know of. But please, balancing doesn't have to mean nerfing. Of the radical opinions, you face two sides now, one saying they will never prem a priest again if you break Nahjo, the other saying they stopped preming their priests when Nahjo came out. Which approach is more reasonable? Which party is currently dissatisfied? Is it possible to satisfy them without upsetting the other one? Would it make Wurm and specifically priest life too easy and not blend in with general Wurm ambiance?

My answers to these are: Neither. The second one. Yes!  Nope.

As a final argument to the original suggestion, after the uselessness of SD was announced, the farmers were not feeling too good. Nahjo is their only relief now.

On 13.05.2016 at 4:58 AM, Dairuka said:

Hell, I use Toymaking religiously already, predominantly because I have access to multiple alts that can constantly create shafts and strings en masse. I still suggest people who have multiple alts to get into doing it, because of the relative cheapness of the materials required to create Yoyos in comparison to both Wemp and Iron costs for both Door Locks and Coordage Rope. Of course, this still isn't balanced considering the fact that it takes multiple alts to get any real value out of Toymaking.

You could always remove the RNG feature of Carving Shafts and Yoyo Making, and have it directly tied in to the QL of the logs/shafts while having the QL of each capped by the skill level of the Carpenter/Toymaker.

That alone would effectively double or triple the value of Toymaking in a single change.

A 90ql log with a 40 skill carpenter will result in a 40ql shaft every time. A 90ql log with a 90 skill carpenter results in a 90ql shaft every time. A 90ql shaft with a 40 skill Toymaker results in a 40ql Yoyo. A 90ql shaft with a 90 skill Toymaker results in a 90ql yoyo. Watch the flood of Toymakers pour in.

Another alternative is to admit how ridiculous the skill requirements for Toymakers is, and just give us more favor for Yoyos as a blanket buff.

As for Nahjo? Cropsac is OP. (But Libila knew that already.) His spell list walks a fine line: Nahjo is arguably the best PvE priest and the worst PvP priest. Developer oversight is a necessity, and I'm disappointed you guys let this go on for so long when we've raised red flags about this issue since day one of his spell list/saccable's discoveries.

Good luck balancing Nahjo without overnerfing him. Hes essentially Wurm Online's version of League of Legends' Udyr +  Innervating Locket. One wrong change and the account dropoff will be substantial.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yiraia said:

Wurm? Fun? Pressing buttons isn't fun. The key idea is to have it so a person can't just be a priest and casually play without a town. As a World Civilization student (woo hoo college) Priest aren't people that can walk around and farm then sacrifice the food to cast spells. They were meant to keep a town in order, but with this ability to farm and sac the products, they won't need a town. Besides the game doesn't grow at all because of priest, its the builders who participate in making this world that does everything.

are you serious lol

if i go vyn priest i can farm to get my cotton, woodcut to get my logs for shafts, and make my yoyos

if i go mag priest i can mine to get my iron, and make my locks

if i go fo priest i can farm to get my cotton, and make my squares

if i go any priest i can farm to get my wemp, and make my ropes

???

12 hours ago, Yiraia said:

Not quite sure what undergrad studies have to do with this, especially considering wurm priests are not "priests" in the conventional notion (pastoral leaders enforcing the "will of a god" and largely funded by a central church) but closer to wandering mystics ("spell on your sheep sir to bring them good health?").

Your last comment is countered with a couple of simple phrases "Courier", "CoC", "LoF", "LT"

+1   I wouldnt mind a unification of sacc items across the board.