Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Let all priests sacrifice crops for favor.

I think the wax needs to be cleaned out of some ears. It's almost like they don't even listen.... 

14 minutes ago, Bix said:

How is this showing that you're listening when you're doing the complete opposite to what's been suggested?

Again, the issue was nahjo's (and libilas, and any priest with a meat affinity in the future) favour sacrifice was incredibly unbalanced, being able to farm 1k crops for 10k favour rendered the whole favour system essentially useless.

While pointing that out as a problem is true, the answer is not to buff everyone up to that level, but to look at what would balance it all. Making nahjos favour work essentially like any other priests brings it into line on the favour scale, yet still allows mining, woodcutting, and has most of the major PvE spells.

And again, as always, feedback is fine, insulting the devs or myself, or arguing against moderation is not.

• Like 2

Please reconsider, and make the game easier for priests, there are far to many religions in Wurm right now. I don't understand why the DEVs are so against the idea of making the favor system a little bit easier; it really wont change much - at this point it's largely a QoL improvement.

Every day I see more people leave and all we see from you guys is "it's fine", it's not fine.. the house is burnt down at this point.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Please reconsider, and make the game easier for priests, there are far to many religions in Wurm right now. I don't understand why the DEVs are so against the idea of making the favor system a little bit easier; it really wont change much - at this point it's largely a QoL improvement.

Every day I see more people leave and all we see from you guys is "it's fine", it's not fine.. the house is burnt down at this point.

+1

You do this and you WILL lose more people this isn't meant to be an insult to you and if you think everytime we say no to this that it is "insulting the devs or myself, or arguing against moderation is not." then how are we meant to get out point across that we think this idea is really bad for the game and the people left playing. 

Please just don't, too many people have left already I don't want to lose more friends.

• Like 4

Put it this way, I have a nahjo priest. Just like many others do. I won't even bother repremming the account because it will serve no purpose to me anymore.

Take that into consideration but with more people that have Nahjo's as well.

• Like 1

If the devs didn't care about the game, it'd go into life support mode with a focus on streamlining everything, without caring about the long term impacts. I highly doubt this decision was made lightly.

When you think about it, this change should have come sooner, but isn't bad. It means that taking any other priest than nahjo isn't shooting yourself in the foot. Cordage still works

Changing faith sucks, but on the bright side, might be some pretty populated sermons, right?

34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Ultimately it's been necessary for a while, I understand that but it does not mean that it should be allowed to continue. Nahjo still has an incredibly powerful list of spells, covering all factions of priests, as well as the ability to mine and chop wood, this favour change simply balances it along with other priests.

The reason for no faith transfer is the functionality of the priest remains absolutely the same.

Like I said, we'll continue to keep an eye on how it goes

If you are going to do this, it needs to be announced properly and not buried in a tread in the "Suggestions & Ideas" forum room.

1 minute ago, Wulfmaer said:

If you are going to do this, it needs to be announced properly and not buried in a tread in the "Suggestions & Ideas" forum room.

Already workingg on it, replied here first

So does this mean its not a confirmed change and you are going to ask the players if they want the change, and if they say no will you listen? 

9 minutes ago, Riddic said:

So does this mean its not a confirmed change and you are going to ask the players if they want the change, and if they say no will you listen? 

It is a confirmed change.

Then why put it in suggestions and ideas then, I give up. Speaking for myself i wont be repreming my 2 nahjos

I replied to the original suggestion, as this was where the discussion was occurring.

Another nail in the coffin, well done devs.

Nor will I prem.

I am happy I didn't pay for a year yesterday as I planned to.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Again, the issue was nahjo's (and libilas, and any priest with a meat affinity in the future) favour sacrifice was incredibly unbalanced, being able to farm 1k crops for 10k favour rendered the whole favour system essentially useless.

While pointing that out as a problem is true, the answer is not to buff everyone up to that level, but to look at what would balance it all. Making nahjos favour work essentially like any other priests brings it into line on the favour scale, yet still allows mining, woodcutting, and has most of the major PvE spells.

And again, as always, feedback is fine, insulting the devs or myself, or arguing against moderation is not.

so get this
they took away shield training like a month ago, haven't even put the alternative on the test server yet ( Yet alone live server. I'm actually really curious whose decision it was to remove something that's been a part of the game literally for years and replace it with a void for over a month and call it "better"??? ), and there's a developer already working on nerfing lib, a hardly seen priest, and Nahjo.

garbage that i just missed a long window of opportunity for something that has been "a long time coming."
Why not just remove player gods entirely? This isn't balance. Look at Mag/Fo/Lib. How many of them do you see compared to player gods in PvP now?
Literally not even a point to bring a Fo anymore over Smeagain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soil said:

they took away shield training like a month ago, haven't even put the alternative on the test server yet ( Yet alone live server. I'm actually really curious whose decision it was to remove something that's been a part of the game literally for years and replace it with a void for over a month and call it "better"??? ), and there's a developer already working on nerfing lib, a hardly seen priest, and Nahjo.

It's been on the test server for some time now, and in the discussion thread

1 minute ago, Soil said:

garbage that i just missed a long window of opportunity for something that has been "a long time coming."
Why not just remove player gods entirely? This isn't balance. Look at Mag/Fo/Lib. How many of them do you see compared to player gods in PvP now?
Literally not even a point to bring a Fo anymore over Smeagain. 

Player gods are a seperate issue, and changes may come down the line, but this was a clearly overpowered isolated issue in itself.

isn't the mindset that "changes might come down the line" literally what brought us to this thread being heated in the first place?
i mean it should just be a point of "don't half ass things anymore" and "take proper feedback from the community before implementing large changes"

and you're ignoring the latter right now so you guys are literally just pulling the same stuff over and over again.
At least I've never heard anyone ask why this game has so many issues. All they have to do is read threads like this one to paint a clear picture.

Edited by Soil
butter grammar
  • Like 2

The last time we had to band together we almost had to riot to have any influence on the dev team but then the comment was made that our self entitled attitude was overkill and perhaps uncalled for or even toxic, but short of that again I think we are powerless to effect the outcome of this.

i priested my alt nahjo for the utility it gave not the sac items.  the sac item just showed how much better the game can be when it's actually giving greater qol

this is pretty much a useless sac item, like, unicorns don't even exist pretty much.  pigs?  barely find them.  anacondas? barely find them.  trolls? everywhere.  but who wants to deal with killing trolls for 10 hours just to do a few woa casts or fill a couple gems?  especially considering epic has a bad "test" combat system that means trolls do two extra hits, so people will just die getting teeth/glands

since the sac item is so terrible and pretty much making it as if there's no sac item, can we just change it to cloth squares?  those we can actually get enough favor to cast some spells in less than a few days.  if not, can we at the very least get rid of this "new combat system" that epic has been "testing" for like over a year now?

I have 2 nahjo priests (main/battery) that won't be resubbed because of this and the lack of a conversion option. I don't even know what to say at this point. I try so hard to get people to keep playing but all I end up with is a friends list full of people that don't play anymore and a forum full of questionable choices.

There are so few of us left, maybe a reevaluation of the games direction is in order?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arakiel said:

I don't even know what to say at this point. I try so hard to get people to keep playing but all I end up with is a friends list full of people that don't play anymore and a forum full of questionable choices.

This.

And friends who are not my friends but I never found out the toons were sold.

Or hacked.

I also consider only updating WU with the cooking update and never update WU after that.

And I am not the only one that have been happy that there is a way to halt any official development at least somewhere in the Wurm world.

Edited by Cecci
Edited in regards to recent events directed at MR.