Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Let all priests sacrifice crops for favor.

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Not quite sure what undergrad studies have to do with this, especially considering wurm priests are not "priests" in the conventional notion (pastoral leaders enforcing the "will of a god" and largely funded by a central church) but closer to wandering mystics ("spell on your sheep sir to bring them good health?").

Your last comment is countered with a couple of simple phrases "Courier", "CoC", "LoF", "LT"

My last comment still stands, Courier is enchanted on mailboxes that are built through continuing, coc is enchanted Light of fo doesn't build anything... its for fighting and isn't needed, simply makes things easier. and Life Transfer isn't needed either, simply makes things easier. It all starts from a crafter, and a priest makes it easier. And in efforts to not stray from the OP, it shouldn't be easy to make things easier.

18 hours ago, MrGARY said:

are you serious lol

if i go vyn priest i can farm to get my cotton, woodcut to get my logs for shafts, and make my yoyos

if i go mag priest i can mine to get my iron, and make my locks

if i go fo priest i can farm to get my cotton, and make my squares

if i go any priest i can farm to get my wemp, and make my ropes

???

Did you not read what zigozag quoted ???

Sacrifical favor balance for enchanting items.

Crops are by far the easiest

plant seed -> Harvest multiple sacrifical items. Only farming skill (which is a standalone skill that requires no other skill to support it)

lets compare it to the others

Ropes.

Plant seeds -> Harvest multiple wemp -> Cruch them to fiber -> make ropes. 2 additional steps compared to crops aswell as an additional skill which is ropemaking.

Locks

Mine iron -> Smelt ore / refuel / wait -> Create locks. "One" additional step yet includes a pain in the ass step. requires mining (takes eons to level high while using non-iron veins) and locksmithing (requires leveling by spamming useless lockpicks rather than sacrifical locks)

Pieces of cloth

Plant seeds -> Harvest multiple cotton -> spin it into tiny strings of cloth -> combine and loom it into square pieces of cloth. 2 additional steps and requires cloth tailoring (which needs to be leveled by improving non-sacrifical items)

Yoyos (LOL HAHAHAHA, GET REKT)

Cut tree -> Make shaft -> Plant seeds -> Harvest multiple cotton -> Spin it into tiny strings of cloth -> Make yoyos...........  4 additional steps.... Woodcutting, carpentry, farming, cloth making, toy making... Woodcutting requires a billion trees cut down (which will never be needed for the yoyos), the carpentry skill requires tons of carpentry items imped, the cloth tailoring requires tons of cloth items imped, the toy making requires tons of dolls imped.

If you have to disagree with this, then you are truly blind. Yes it is possible to do it, no its not as efficient.

Counter solution: make all sac items equal with the higher complexity items.

Basically take nachos corn wtf u thinking devs. Balance, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yiraia said:

My last comment still stands, Courier is enchanted on mailboxes that are built through continuing, coc is enchanted Light of fo doesn't build anything... its for fighting and isn't needed, simply makes things easier. and Life Transfer isn't needed either, simply makes things easier. It all starts from a crafter, and a priest makes it easier. And in efforts to not stray from the OP, it shouldn't be easy to make things easier.

Surely making life "easier" is a contribution of sorts (unless of course you are in favour of hand delivering every item/grinding for longer periods of time/etc)?

Your logic is very good except...  Nahjo priests can already cast all the "big" spells, so to speak, and their sacrifice items *are* vegetables, so the "shouldn't be easy to make things easier" rule has already been breached by Nahjo priests and suggestions to nerf them are generally met with "but we sunk time into them, they shouldn't be nerfed" (a defence we note that did not prevent LoF and Heal being nerfed but "enigmatic" are the motives of wurm's dev team).  Thus suggesting balance in terms of saccables is the only recourse (and of course I don't expect this suggestion to go through, but one lives in eternal hope no?)

or maybe the devs should have though alchemy items are not veggies. there is a huge difference between butchering products from corpses and just farming them.

the imbalance come from veggies, not the bladders / glands / teeths and such. Remove the veggies from the QL/10 = favor list and you will no longuer have any issues.

Cheaper for everyone doesn't means better for everyone.

• Like 2

-1 for everything that makes wurm easier

However, this might increase vegetable sale rate, +1

Actually wait, it will make priesting easier for everyone.

+0 no opinion at all; restrict it somehow and it will be +1

I know that many have felt it's been unbalanced since it first came to Libila priests, back when their original double favour affinity item (meat/corpses) was changed to alchemy items. The original intention of this was to keep within the lore of Libila, requiring butchered animal parts to be sacrificed to the hate god for favour, but the crop thing did sneak in.

With the 1.3 update we've addressed a few concerns on various things, and this area is one of them.

The current situation of sacrificing crops for extreme favour will no longer be possible, but we will be keeping with the healing cover items as the double favour affinity.

This will work by eliminating all potency 1 items from the bonus, as well as items with a low to medium nutritional value. Essentially leaving it at requiring butchered products. In line with that, we will be boosting the favour gain relevant to potency:

Item 50ql 70ql 90ql
Potency 3 (long horn) 4.5 6.3 8.1
Potency 4 (tooth) 6 8.4 10.8
Potency 5 (gland) 7.5 10.5 13.5

As you can see, potency 4 and 5 items will now be higher favour than the current system, while potency 3 items will be slightly less.

We're aware that many of you chose Nahjo due to the ease of favour and that this change is a fairly long time coming, but the aim is to bring it more into line with the other priests and reduce the impact of any potential player gods with a similar affinity make in the future as well.

Needless to say, we'll continue to monitor this into the 1.3 update and evaluate how the changes go.

• Like 1

If you are changing nahjo's allow nahjo's a free transfer.

Just now, Egard said:

If you are changing nahjo's allow nahjo's a free transfer.

Wow just wow...  go away with your nerfs that come soooooooo far after things come out.

"If you are changing nahjo's allow nahjo's a free transfer."

this or let all priests sacrifice crops

Edited by Carmichael

faith transfers won't be happening, nahjo still has all functionality mechanics, no spells or abilities will be changed, just how the favour works.

Yes and that's what made people switch to it. At this point in the game does this serve any purpose other than pissing people off?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Riddic said:

Yes and that's what made people switch to it. At this point in the game does this serve any purpose other than pissing people off?

I feel like its his goal to piss us off :P

• Like 1

The time for this nerf has long since past at this point its going to do FAR more harm than good

Moved to other thread.

Edited by Chakron

Ultimately it's been necessary for a while, I understand that but it does not mean that it should be allowed to continue. Nahjo still has an incredibly powerful list of spells, covering all factions of priests, as well as the ability to mine and chop wood, this favour change simply balances it along with other priests.

The reason for no faith transfer is the functionality of the priest remains absolutely the same.

Like I said, we'll continue to keep an eye on how it goes

just let pvp and kill it with all useless changes, now your working your way to freedom ? 

How to lose more subs than you gain... go from making silly choices that effect either pve or pvp and instead pick something that will make them both mad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Ultimately it's been necessary for a while, I understand that but it does not mean that it should be allowed to continue. Nahjo still has an incredibly powerful list of spells, covering all factions of priests, as well as the ability to mine and chop wood, this favour change simply balances it along with other priests.

The reason for no faith transfer is the functionality of the priest remains absolutely the same.

I personally don't mind the change, i feel bad for anyone who invested in a Nahjo, but yeah.

My only problem is the damage is already done with the mega-mined deeds that people wouldnt have done if it was more resource inefficient.

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The whole functionality of nahjos was the sac item. 

Just now, Propheteer said:

I personally don't mind the change, i feel bad for anyone who invested in a Nahjo, but yeah.

My only problem is the damage is already done with the mega-mined deeds that people wouldnt have done if it was more resource inefficient.

I wouldn't have carved out a goddam mountain with my alliance members if i knew this change was coming

Can you please stop nerfing ######? I'm getting really sick of my friends leaving this game.

• Like 4

How is this showing that you're listening when you're doing the complete opposite to what's been suggested?

• Like 4