Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

[Bug] Dog walks out of building which has locked doors

(at the end of this first post, is a list of mobs that do not respect and may pass through locked doors, building walls, or locked or unlocked fences underground)

Ok, I put my dog inside a building (building name: South Three Interchange) underground on 12 Nov 2016, around 2am-ish EST on my deed Cornersville on Independence. The building has 3 locked doors and is a 2x2 underground. Once I released the dog (branded to my deed, Cornersville, Aged dog 'C0r f f2016111') I untamed it. I later found the dog wandering the mines outside that building.

So I had to run go do other thing, when I came back, that same dog had wandered out of the area I had spotted it in and then thru another building I have underground (building name: Cornersville Long House, which has 4 doors on it, all locked), and it had wandered off deed. No way for it to get off deed underground, in that area, unless it passed thru a building with locked doors.

THE PROBLEM: The problem is, my dog is walking out of a building underground. As far as I know in wurm, such an animal as a dog, should not be able to just walk out of a building that only has doors as access? right? Plus, the doors all have locks on them, with permissions set.

Forums was down that day, so I submitted an in game ticket (#54917 12/Nov/2016 08:55). CM Moogien responded and stated that there may have been a forum post on this bug before, but wasn't certain. Dogs are not supposed to be able to just walk out of a building that only has doors on it for access. CM Moogian suggested that I submit a forum post, this topic, as soon as forums was back online. That is the reason for this post.

Work around: My dog is not lost. I have my dog. I put it in a top side (above ground) fenced in area w/ gates. This dog appears to have no problems obeying the 'do not go thru gates game rule' above ground.

Please fix this, so that I can release and rest assured my animals will not wander out of closed buildings underground.

Thank you for your time :-)

TeeeBOMB

PS: I did look, but did not find any other post on this forum area 'Server Bugs'. So I am opening a new thread. If someone else finds such a post, sorry I missed it.

LISTED:

These animals will/may pass through locked doors, building walls, or locked/unlocked fence gates underground (pre Jun 1, 2017 testing):

dogs, branded (Alectrys, Teeebomb)

wolves, not branded (Teeebomb)

champion wolf (JakeRivers)

champion goblin, not branded (Teeebomb)

champion wild cat (Uisge_Beatha)

brown bear, not branded (Teeebomb)

trolls, not branded (Zigozag) < my 2 test trolls in buildings, have not escaped in almost 2 weeks now

escaping animals after June 1, 2017:

Dogs & wolves & champion wolf escape from underground fences/gates

brown bear escaped from underground fenced in area w/ a gate

ven troll entered locked building door undergound, 18Jan2018

Edited by TeeeBOMB
add ven troll
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

By any chance is there a bridge above ground above the building?

Thank you JakeRivers your interest and question.

No. There are no above ground bridges on my deed.

Both the underground buildings this dog wandered into and out of, both are completely on my deed, every tile.

The original 2x2 underground building (South Three Interchange) that I left the dog go in, has, above it, a square of tiles that includes fences & gates, a grass, a farm, and 2 tree tiles.

The other building (Cornersville Long House, a 2x9 sized building) has above it, above ground, fences & gates, farm tiles, above ground building tiles, paved road tiles, and a grass tile.

I have wondered if the above ground permissions that allows animals to wander, or stops them, may affect animals penned below ground. I would like to know for sure, what I got to do to ensure my animals released in underground enclosures are secure.

I did think to test, by building a 2x2 building above ground. overtop the same exact below ground 2x2 building (South Three Interchange). But I have not experimented yet. Am awaiting see if anything official is posted on this bug.

A curious note, I was standing w/ the dog in an area of the mine below my deed. The dog wandered through a nearby building (South Three Interchange), while I was standing there. I did not actually see the dog go thru the doors or walls of that building though. It happened out of my sight. But I did realize later, that I did not hear any open/close door noises. I was standing within a half dozen tiles of the doors that that dog had to have gone through, but I heard no door noises.

*shrugs*

Glad you got to report it finally, I have been wondering how that ended,

and look forward to a solution/explanation as I also plan for some animals underground.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zigozag said:

Is it branded?

Yap. It is branded to my deed, Cornersville. The dog is named:  Aged dog 'C0r f f2016111'.

You know... If anyone can think of any testing that does not require adding/removing buildings/fences.. I am game. I have spare branded dogs. I may conduct some tests of my own with other dogs later. If I do any testing, I'll post my tests and results here when I get them.

Edited by TeeeBOMB

3 hours ago, zigozag said:

Branded animals will walk through locked doors underground.

Oh really? Is that a normal game mechanic? Does everyone know of it (well, besides me, of course). Is it posted somewhere, where I can read of it? Was it an update w/ underground houses?

I am reading the wurmpedia entry on 'branding'. It doesn't mention anything about branded animals being able to pass through locked doors underground. Can I ask where you get this from Zigozag?

Oh darnit. I know there was an update when underground houses was opened up, but I can't even find that anywhere.

Well, if you would care to post where that was promulgated, I, for one, would read it. Thanks for ur post zigozag.

So if the building has permissions for citizen to pass is this what is letting the dog walk through locked doors, or does it pass through the locked door regardless of the permission settings for the building? 

Interesting sounds like the brand is giving the animal the same setting as tower guards who love snooping in everyone's house. If no doors are opening I would say it is acting more like a spirit templar.

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

So if the building has permissions for citizen to pass is this what is letting the dog walk through locked doors

I guess so, at least it seems that this is how it works for trolls. Seems logical for humanoids however, but not for dogs.

6 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Can I ask where you get this from Zigozag?

Personal experience with trolls.

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

Personal experience with trolls.

Oh ok. Got it. It does sort of make sense for a troll , branded, to be able to pass thru locked doors w/ permissions set to allow them to pass. I guess you'd have to set the permissions specifically to lock that troll out.

I had thot you meant 'all branded animals' pass thru locked doors underground. Sort of a rip for a dog to be able to suddenly pass thru locked doors.

One test I can conduct, now that you mentioned it this way. I wonder if there is a way to .. I can try to set permissions to lock out 'everybody', so that no one can enter/leave that 2x2 room. Then I'll check see if the dog can exit on it's own or not. I'll try that next time I get a chance. Thanks for your input zigozag.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 3:57 PM, TeeeBOMB said:

Please fix this, so that I can release and rest assured my animals will not wander out of closed buildings underground.

Thank you for your time :-)

TeeeBOMB

PS: I did look, but did not find any other post on this forum area 'Server Bugs'. So I am opening a new thread. If someone else finds such a post, sorry I missed it.

I've reproduced this on test and will open a bug report.  

The dogs I put inside an above ground house did not escape.

In the underground house I put 2 cows (1 branded) and a dog (branded).  The dog escaped, the cows are still there.

Thanks for the report.

• Like 2

+info:

Not branded troll walked out too, but it took him almost a week compared to branded's 1 day.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, Alectrys said:

I've reproduced this on test and will open a bug report.  

Thanks Alectrys :-)

I do hope this gets addressed.

I will test it on my own periodically, posting results here, to see if my branded dog gets w/ the program or not down the while, or after a pike.. whichever happens first. Maybe someone can look at Zigozag's wayward trolls too.

Thanks the posting everyone.

New update:

Today (18May2017) I lured a local champion goblin in thru an underground building (had the doors unlocked for this part) into a very large mine area. No way for this goblin to get out, once I lock the doors. I locked the doors once the goblin was in the large mine area.

The building I'm referencing here is 'S Mine entry' on my deed (Cornersville).

So, now I had the Champion goblin locked in a very large mine area protected at all entry points by locked doors on buildings, on deed. As I stood there watching my new friend.. he became un agro.. then, danced about crazily as goblins will do.. later, he walked straight thru the locked door in front of me (the locked door was between me and the goblin), then past me, then through the locked door behind me too.. . just as if the locked doors were not there.

Is this right? Does this need corrective action? Most people I ask about this, point out a locked door on a building underground, should stop mobs.. even if they are not aggressive.

Apparently, as it is right now...Locked doors on buildings underground, will stop an agro mob that is chasing you. Stops them dead. They can not follow you through a locked door on a building underground. But, mobs that are not agro, seem to be able to pass locked doors as if there were no door there at all. No door open/close animation or sound.

This is an on going issue, am posting here to update, the problem is still here, not corrected.

Thanks your time,

TeeeBOMB

rmJFKbA.jpg

pen now has fencing along side the reinforced wall, the wolf will attack and agro right through the fence but so far it seems to be keeping her in one spot, since last night anyways

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

pen now has fencing along side the reinforced wall, the

Oh? so.. fences may do the trick then...

I'll modify my post, remove the mobs passing through fencing. Apparently the mobs are passing thru walls/doors of buildings only then. I have not done any of my own underground fencing testing as of yet.

I also added locks to the fence gates, not sure if that was the issue either, should of tested that first

Glad you got your wolf buddy back JakeRivers! Thanks your posting.

Okay the wolf got out, she is some escape artist, so I cleared out another spot and built a new pen for her, no buildings or walls touching any part of the fence.

JG1KN6J.jpg

Stuck her in it and within minutes she was chewing my arse off, through the fence.

Few hours later found her wondering around the mine without a care in the world about walls, locked doors and fences.

So there is no way to contain pets that like to move about down in the mines near as I can tell anyways, maybe cows are content to stay in one spot, but wolves and puppies just gotta get out.

49 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Okay the wolf got out, she is some escape artist,

Updated original post to include your most resent data. Thanks your post JakeRivers.

So far this seems to be happening with animals you need to tame in order to lead.

I've tried with a cow and the cow never escaped.  If some of you have other domestic animals you can test with, it's appreciated.  A pig, a bull, a sheep for example.

I've seen a few improvements on tests regarding this issue.  This is my experience during the past week - this patch is now live as of today.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154642-patch-notes-1jun17/  (There is no mention of animals not escaping because a few still are and I would like your feedback).

NOTE:  All tests are underground.

a.  Nothing is escaping from my underground test house. (dogs, wolves, cow)

b.  A troll and a champion cat are not escaping from an underground fenced area.

c.  A deer is not escaping from an underground fenced area.

e.  Dogs and wolves ARE escaping from underground fenced areas.  (The dog actually ended up above ground this morning even with a mine door).

Please begin your testing again as of today and let me know if anything has improved with your situations.

On 11/14/2016 at 3:57 PM, TeeeBOMB said:

LISTED:

These animals will/may pass through locked doors, building walls, or locked/unlocked fence gates underground:

dogs, branded (Alectrys, Teeebomb)

wolves, not branded (Teeebomb)

champion wolf (JakeRivers)

champion goblin, not branded (Teeebomb)

champion wild cat (Uisge_Beatha)

brown bear, not branded (Teeebomb)

trolls, not branded (Zigozag) < also I have 2 trolls locked in underground buildings am testing this now