Sindusk

Sindusk Server Mods

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Batta said:

Yes, reliably.  We have tested it both directions.

Now you know my next question has to be to make sure you're running the same Discord Relay here and not from elsewhere. :P

And Specifically the CA Help channel(s).
Nevermind the Freedom Channels, Trade Channels or otherwise but specifically CA Help.

Edited by Zera

On 5/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, Zera said:

Now you know my next question has to be to make sure you're running the same Discord Relay here and not from elsewhere. :P

...There's more than one Discord Relay mod?  Here is the first line of mine:

classname=org.nyxcode.wurm.discordrelay.DiscordRelay

Does that give any info that might say whether mine is the same as the one here?  Sorry, I don't really know how to tell.

5 hours ago, Batta said:

...There's more than one Discord Relay mod?  Here is the first line of mine:

Does that give any info that might say whether mine is the same as the one here?  Sorry, I don't really know how to tell.

One can never be too certain. :P
Had to be certain after the TimedPay vs Vote Reward confusion a few days ago.

Yes, that's this Discord Relay.

Still doesn't exactly explain why apparently your CA Help channel will display in both directions without problems, but apparently no one else's will.

34 minutes ago, Zera said:

Still doesn't exactly explain why apparently your CA Help channel will display in both directions without problems, but apparently no one else's will.

It's not "no one else's will" though.  I've played on lots of servers where it is also working fine.  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Batta said:

It's not "no one else's will" though.  I've played on lots of servers where it is also working fine.  

Okay, well Mine isn't for some unknown reason and neither is @Ayluin apparently. 

And you still haven't specifically clarified if yes "CA Help" works both directions. Since that is the ONLY channel that doesn't appear to go both directions:

Ingame > Discord ✅
Discord > Ingame ❌

And yes, I'm 100% certain it's not a conflict of mods.. No "Conflict of mods" would prevent only 1 channel from not sending data in both directions, nor occur when it's the only active mod either. xD

Edited by Zera

10 hours ago, Zera said:

And you still haven't specifically clarified if yes "CA Help" works both directions.

See previous responses above. 😉

Well I guess Im glad it magically seems to work 100% in both directions for you and apparently a lot of other servers, and those of us who dont have 2 way CAHelp are just screwed on the matter.

17 hours ago, Zera said:

No "Conflict of mods" would prevent only 1 channel from not sending data in both directions,

of course a mod conflict can do that, I am not saying it is but that is 100% possible....

There are a lot of factors in this, it's not the kind of thing you just download and plop in a folder and forget about.

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

of course a mod conflict can do that, I am not saying it is but that is 100% possible....

There are a lot of factors in this, it's not the kind of thing you just download and plop in a folder and forget about.

Considering that only CAHelp is affected in this way and no other channel the only other mod I could think that in anyway would cause something like this to occur would be ServerTweaks as that's the only mod I have that effects chat directly.

#When true, will put players into CA HELP by default, instaed of requiring it to be turned on through profile.
# Note: This method might not work all the time!
# If you want a sure-fire way to enable it always, set PAWINDOW to true by default in your wurmplayers.db
caHelpDefault=true

Although considering that this is also one of Sin's other mods and likely another well-used mod for servers, I have my doubts that it would be the cause of the problem in any way.

What do I know though?

11 hours ago, Zera said:

Well I guess Im glad it magically seems to work 100% in both directions for you and apparently a lot of other servers, and those of us who dont have 2 way CAHelp are just screwed on the matter.

I don't think it's magically working for me, just that it's working as intended, and as it is for most people.  You're likely not "just screwed on the matter" -- just need to find out what's affecting it, and my input was intended to help you out by clarifying that the source of the problem isn't the mod itself.  It's most likely an interaction with another mod, unless you have been editing the game code in ways that might make mod responses unpredictable.  

Posted (edited)

MMyPacj.png

Tested it myself in real-time on Lyra, it does not work. Confirmation that it worked was based on someone in discord reading the discord message and saying they saw that and it was interpreted as working as intended. No disrespect intended by testing it myself, just had to see it to believe it. Unfortunately the person who replied wasn't understanding what you were saying about the message apparently. Nice looking server though.

NAlWcCM.png

This was from Sin back in March. It doesn't work. He was aware. So unless someone is going to take over DIscordRelay and update it to the current JDA version and fix the bugs, best off just using a general help channel with bdew's mod or just understanding that the CA Help window does not sync as it is written for release. It isn't just you, and I don't think there's any version of it public that works as intended because of the way CA Help works and checks for a user being on the server being able to see the CA Help window. It could be adjusted, but taking over this mod would be a bit of work to update

@Zera

Edited by Ayluin

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Ayluin said:

Tested it myself in real-time on Lyra, it does not work. Confirmation that it worked was based on someone in discord reading the discord message and saying they saw that and it was interpreted as working as intended. No disrespect intended by testing it myself, just had to see it to believe it.

We did multiple tests both ways, just deleted what we didn't have any use for.  Not sure why it didn't work for you?  We had 3 players test it both ways.

However, I guess it's unimportant in the big scheme of things.  I was just trying to be helpful to Zera, to help in tracking down the source of the problem.  If you say the problem is in the mod itself, I'm not inclined to argue.  Just trying to help.

Ywe9pXl.jpg

Edited by Batta

41 minutes ago, Ayluin said:

MMyPacj.png

Tested it myself in real-time on Lyra, it does not work. Confirmation that it worked was based on someone in discord reading the discord message and saying they saw that and it was interpreted as working as intended. No disrespect intended by testing it myself, just had to see it to believe it. Unfortunately the person who replied wasn't understanding what you were saying about the message apparently. Nice looking server though.

NAlWcCM.png

This was from Sin back in March. It doesn't work. He was aware. So unless someone is going to take over DIscordRelay and update it to the current JDA version and fix the bugs, best off just using a general help channel with bdew's mod or just understanding that the CA Help window does not sync as it is written for release. It isn't just you, and I don't think there's any version of it public that works as intended because of the way CA Help works and checks for a user being on the server being able to see the CA Help window. It could be adjusted, but taking over this mod would be a bit of work to update

@Zera

Thank you for that @Ayluin, it's nice to know I'm not completely crazy and am just not "out of luck" when it doesn't work despite having nothing else going on. Which apparently is hard for some folks to believe when you tell them that too. It's always a case of "Something else is wrong" as a way of making it your fault somehow.

Not my first rodeo with incompatible software and it won't be my last. :P I'm not a newbie when it comes to mods, plugins and what-ever else you wanna call game-modifying alterations. I'm well aware of what can and cannot possibly be a cause. 

If the thing still don't work when it's the only thing there is.. Something tells me there's something wrong with that thing specifically. Considering there is nothing else that could possibly interfere with it.

It is awfully interesting though that you went to Lyria to test for yourself and couldn't reproduce the insistent "It's working" statements previously made. Maybe the mod just simply doesn't like you or I directly since it works specifically for everyone else but the moment we try to get it to send to in-game there's nothing. I can't begin to explain that one at all... Not logically anyway. xD

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Zera said:

the insistent "It's working" statements

Just attempting to help you track down the source of the issue.  I was clarifying that it's working for US, wasn't trying to say it's working for you.

But I'll stop now that others are positive it is the mod's fault.  

Edited by Batta

just logged on Genesis, which is Ayluin's server and it worked fine.

BE594C442228F0771890588D904F98F88E996D7B

unknown.png

28 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

just logged on Genesis, which is Ayluin's server and it worked fine.

BE594C442228F0771890588D904F98F88E996D7B

unknown.png

That's because he's using a modified version of the mod, not the original version you find here on the forum thread.
Messages using the original version have Discord names that look like this:
<@Coldie> instead of <Coldie> (Dis)

• Like 1