Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

Sindusk Server Mods

How about a client mod folder?  Not being so astute, I tried the better combat log (which would be awesome to have) but realized its not a client mod after trying to load back into a server, and wurm doesn't execute/load.

Sindusk Server Mods - and all is answered

for server mods you need agos server mod loader too, its pinned in the forum

Edited by Eject

Server Tweaks - v4 (12/17/2016)

• Attempted a fix for the recently discovered exploit. Set trueSteamAuthentication to true in the config to enable it.

30 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Server Tweaks - v4 (12/17/2016)

• Attempted a fix for the recently discovered exploit. Set trueSteamAuthentication to true in the config to enable it.

There is nothing refering to the trueSteamAuthentication value in this code. Maybe you mixed the versions up?

4 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

There is nothing refering to the trueSteamAuthentication value in this code. Maybe you mixed the versions up?

Good catch, I had the "quick and dirty" version uploaded, where it didn't have a toggle. The code is at the bottom there, always enabled. I fixed the download with the updated version.

There is a check if steamid equals the password (both hashed), so they need to be similar anyways. WU uses the steamid as password, I doubt that this would make any difference.

if (!password.equals(hashedSteamId)) {

• Like 1

This was the fix that Jonneh/Graham used (albeit in ASM instead of Javassist) when they found this exploit over a year ago. Perhaps something changed in the interim which makes it no longer work. As I said, it's a "potential/attempted" fix, not a guaranteed one. I have no way of testing if it works without access to the exploit in question.

Good day.

Our server owner is soon adding  Libila Fixes  to our live server on my recomendation and removing HOTS, thanks for this as it will allow us to not have Lib hermits living just outside freedom deeds.
On testing it on test server we noticed that mycelium can`t be absorbed (Need to be HOTS) and there is no food and nutrition gains from standing on it.

I was wondering if you can fix this or add a constant healing buff and food gain buff to Lib followers.

Thank you in advance,

Tax Config

Download

Primarily used to clean up abandoned deeds on servers, this allows you to start increasing the amount of upkeep on a deed depending on when the mayor last logged in. You can see an explanation of how it's being used on my server by taking a look at this patch notes post I made. I'm open to adding more functionality in the future for it, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing so.

Thank you for visiting and I'll try to keep this up to date with anything new I make. Please click subscribe, like this video, and let me know what you'd like to see next in the comments below!

Does thiswork even if the upkeep is free?

On 1/18/2017 at 0:56 PM, Elsa said:

Does thiswork even if the upkeep is free?

It will not work with free deed servers. It relies on upkeep manipulation and will not function properly.

I would love to use the Starter Gear mod, but new players can't customize their appearance when it's installed.

Nevermind, that's what the mirror is for! Sorry.

Edited by Uktuli
Confusion

On 2016-11-14 at 8:34 PM, Sindusk said:

Tax Config

Download

Primarily used to clean up abandoned deeds on servers, this allows you to start increasing the amount of upkeep on a deed depending on when the mayor last logged in. You can see an explanation of how it's being used on my server by taking a look at this patch notes post I made. I'm open to adding more functionality in the future for it, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing so.

Thank you for visiting and I'll try to keep this up to date with anything new I make. Please click subscribe, like this video, and let me know what you'd like to see next in the comments below!

Edited December 1, 2016 by Sindusk

How do i now that it works? I deed my deed 3 days ago and had 83 upkeep, now is it 80 days left. Can it be the upkeepcosts mod that colidate with it?

Are sermons meant to be disabled by default? seems like an odd choice.

9 hours ago, Asher said:

Are sermons meant to be disabled by default? seems like an odd choice.

The default configuration is based on the one from my server, Wyvern Reborn. They were disabled there due to a religion overhaul.

Your serverplayercounter causes a hard JVM crash on shutdown sometimes. I think it tries to set the player count after the steam API was already shut down and the native code explodes.

Not super critical since the server is shutting down anyway, but might cause DB corruption if some buffers fail to get written to disk before the crash. Also core dumps and JVM crash reports everywhere :P

Adding a check for this.isSteamServerStarted before calling steamServerApi.SetBotCount fixes this.

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000053a1b915, pid=10076, tid=10404
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_60-b27) (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.60-b23 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [steamclient64.dll+0x3db915]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

[skip skip skip]

Stack: [0x0000000021bc0000,0x0000000021cc0000],  sp=0x0000000021cbeaa0,  free space=1018k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C  [steamclient64.dll+0x3db915]
C  [steamclient64.dll+0x3dba24]
C  [steamclient64.dll+0x3c5e0b]
C  [steamclient64.dll+0x3ac11d]
C  0x0000000002ee9a7d

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
J 3495  SteamJni.SteamServerApi.SetBotCount(I)V (0 bytes) @ 0x0000000002ee99fb [0x0000000002ee99c0+0x3b]
J 3987 C2 com.wurmonline.server.steam.SteamHandler.update()V (27 bytes) @ 0x00000000032595a8 [0x0000000003259560+0x48]
j  com.wurmonline.server.Server.run()V+4075
J 4020% C1 java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop()V (232 bytes) @ 0x0000000002b1f7fc [0x0000000002b1eb20+0xcdc]
j  java.util.TimerThread.run()V+1
v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub

Bdw I think Sindusk is taking a break, any chance you could release your fix? :)

If it makes anyone feel better I have had no rollbacks no matter how I shut down, including a million and a half test server shutdowns.

Same on either our production server or test server. It makes me nervous as all get out but no ill effects thus far. Moving bdew's fix to our server for the next maintenance window.

I did some more digging and testing...

The crashes DON'T happens if you shut down the server using any method that runs in the main loop, this includes shutting down from in game, or shutting down using RMI with any delay (seconds > 0).

The crashes DO (sometimes) happen when the shutdown sequence is executed from another thread, this includes shutting down from the console or using RMI with no delay.

As long as you're shutting down your servers using the former - you shouldn't worry.

Any chance you'll be releasing the Moon Metal Blessings functionality from your server as a mod?

On 11/16/2016 at 0:35 AM, Sindusk said:

I put a pastebin at the bottom of the server configs when you download it. 

For those of us who are quite capable of running a server but are not literate in some newspeak. Huh? What is a pastebin. I didn't find anything at the end of any of the downloads. Exactly where would I find the item list? This seemingly stupid person thanks you for any elucidation provided. ;)

Edited by Artimis

@Artimis

If you are talking about the starter gear mod then open the .properties file. At the bottom of the file is a link to some text on pastebin which is a site used to save text. In this case it is a list of items and their ID numbers. Hope that makes more sense!

24 minutes ago, Iberis said:

@Artimis

If you are talking about the starter gear mod then open the .properties file. At the bottom of the file is a link to some text on pastebin which is a site used to save text. In this case it is a list of items and their ID numbers. Hope that makes more sense!

Wow Iberis. I totally missed that. Thanks a million.