Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

Sindusk Server Mods

2 hours ago, Batta said:

What I do for newer items is just Create one, then use the GM wand to find out what its code is.

And it dont works, i looked in the mappings file to and write "picnicbasket" "picnicBasket" "Strawpicnincbasket".. But it wont work. 

55 minutes ago, Elsa said:

And it dont works, i looked in the mappings file to and write "picnicbasket" "picnicBasket" "Strawpicnincbasket".. But it wont work. 

What I mean is, use your GM wand to create one, then use GMTOOL to find out its information. 

Here, I did one for you.  See that it says Item Template picnic basket (1297)

So on the Startergear settings, you add 1297

Or if you really want to use words instead of numbers, the name is given two different ways in the photo.  One way is called picnic basket, straw and the other is called picnic basket.  I like to use the numbers instead of the words because then I know I got it exactly right.

C1B758ACDDE4B43E355441916F34B4817B8E3191

25 minutes ago, Batta said:

What I mean is, use your GM wand to create one, then use GMTOOL to find out its information. 

Here, I did one for you.  See that it says Item Template picnic basket (1297)

So on the Startergear settings, you add 1297

Or if you really want to use words instead of numbers, the name is given two different ways in the photo.  One way is called picnic basket, straw and the other is called picnic basket.  I like to use the numbers instead of the words because then I know I got it exactly right.

C1B758ACDDE4B43E355441916F34B4817B8E3191

aaah you mean that. Thanks :) 

Greetings Sindusk:

Someone on Steam forums (bob_2059) suggested I look at your starting gear mod.  I am teaching a new class at the University where I work, which looks at the "Survival / Crafting" genre, from literature to film and its impact on computer games.  The real focus is looking at how one could use contemporary computer games in an educational environment (think Uncle Billy / Microsoft purchasing Minecraft for $2.5 billion, and selling seat licenses for $5 each to schools - but I like Wurm better : )

I have been creating a small scenario for the students to play (new map, limited starting gear), as an example.  I had been trying to create a work around solution, to the standard really nice / complete set of starting gear every new player gets, but your mod might make that much easier.

So two questions: 1) is it compatible with current WU release and easy to install using Ago's mod loader? 2) Do I have your permission to actually use the mod as part of the class (not just in creating the map / game, but actually having students do a project of their own, which would require them to use your mod to adjust starting gear)?  Typically Education / Fair use would, but I prefer to actually get permission from those who create the content, when possible (which it may not be, if you are no longer following the thread <LOL> )

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 0:01 PM, lokitheweaver said:

So two questions: 1) is it compatible with current WU release and easy to install using Ago's mod loader? 2) Do I have your permission to actually use the mod as part of the class (not just in creating the map / game, but actually having students do a project of their own, which would require them to use your mod to adjust starting gear)?  Typically Education / Fair use would, but I prefer to actually get permission from those who create the content, when possible (which it may not be, if you are no longer following the thread <LOL> )

1) It is still functional with the current release of Wurm Unlimited and the latest release of Ago's mod launcher.

2) You have my permission to do whatever you like with my mods.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:40 AM, Sindusk said:

1) It is still functional with the current release of Wurm Unlimited and the latest release of Ago's mod launcher.

2) You have my permission to do whatever you like with my mods.

Thanks.  Sorry I did not say this sooner.

The mod works like a charm.  Started out by setting minimal starter gear for my "Gilligan's Island" map / scenario.  But after I added enough items to the starting area (a couple of tents and stuff on the beach) and the original "shipwreck" I ended up taking everything but the newbies shoes and the mirror for character set up.

I have to say that this one mod is the key to all sorts of potential in my area of interest (creating education / classroom stuff) since you really can tailor exactly what each student starts with, so it helps / promotes the educational content instead of breaking the world.

So now I am thinking about "fun" stuff and have been looking at your Spellcraft mod and Ago's Priest mod.  Don't know if they would play well together, but each has some nice aspects.  Just wanted to double check, though, since your properties file is filled with "stuff".

I am guessing all the changes / removal / additions of spells are all coded into the java file, so it would run on a SP / Stand alone set up?  (I live in a "real life" off grid cabin with very limited internet access, so all my "fun" gaming happens off-line.)

But I did not see anything that seemed to indicate you had the option for removing some of the priest restrictions (which are a real game killer in SP, unless you do "alts" which kind of breaks the role-playing immersion of a single character trying to survive and thrive.)  I think Ago's mod removed the improve and continue restrictions by default and has a setting to remove the other restrictions.  Is there a similar setting for your mod and i just missed it?  Or, could there be?  (set the default to standard restrictions, for MP servers, but allow us SP people to do it "all")

How does your mod handle becoming a Priest?  I know you can set the Faith requirement fairly low, but if I need another player (a priest) or a trip to the white light altar (not available in original maps) a SP is rather stuck.  (outside of GM / ebony wand commands, I guess)  I have very little experience with Priests, even after a couple of years of playing WU.  But I think you have to be a follower before you can create an altar, which is needed to generate "Faith" through prayer.  Special tiles allow prayer, but I am not certain they even show up unless you are already a follower.  Thus the Catch-22.  Everything depends on another player or white light altar.

The suggestion I made to Ago (based on role playing : ) was to allow a character to pray at Special Tiles (make them visible to all) to gain prayer skill.  After a certain threshold (a variable you could set just like the Faith / Priest variable) you get a second option at the special tiles - become a follower.  (I don't think you would need to track every god / special tile, individually, the character just becomes more interested in religion by praying at these "shrines" not really knowing what they are doing, until they hit the threshold and can recognize / choose a specific god to follow).  Now they can build a personal altar, dedicated to their god, which would allow them to gain the faith needed for becoming a Priest.  At that level of Faith, they get an option at the altar to become a Priest.

Don't know how much impact this would have on established MP servers, which probably already have higher level Priests.  But a "loner" player could walk a slow path, just like a SP.

Thanks.

Original creative maps have white and black light altars.  Both mods will work together. Also a single player can survive and thrive as a non priest. I did it for a year+ in WO. All my coin went to deed upkeep never bought anything or sold anything to other players.

5 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

Original creative maps have white and black light altars.  Both mods will work together. Also a single player can survive and thrive as a non priest. I did it for a year+ in WO. All my coin went to deed upkeep never bought anything or sold anything to other players.

Not certain what this means - the vanilla "creative" map option does have the altars.  But I am asking about completely original maps, generated with a map tool, then modified (removing all the "standard content" from the database, such as spawn points, altars, etc.)  I am just learning the system, so I may be missing something, but several threads explain that you need to clean the database when using a new / unique map.  Which make sense, because your new map might not even have an appropriate land mass at the altar's location.

Ah, and re-reading your post, you may have missed the idea that I know I can survive / thrive as a "non-priest".  In Wurm Unlimited, that is pretty much the only option if you can't play on-line.  Of course that means I have no experience in WO, either.  But I am trying to explore options for WU stand alone scenarios.

Thanks for the response, though.

When you put in a custom map just rebuild the database after adding map files. The database rebuild will create altars for you. You can create with gm wand but not sure if those work correctly. Will likely need a server restart to make summoned ones work. Not sure. Sorry for derailing the thread, pm me here or discord and I'll help with your issues. Great mods Sin. Come back to us!

• New Mod/Library: Sindusk Library
    • This is a library/backend functionality I've built for stability of my mods.
    • This will be required to be installed for some of my mods to work from now on.
    • Installing it does nothing to the server directly and makes no changes, it is simply there as a resource for the other mods.
    • The requirement here has the added benefit of providing extremely detailed messages when something using the library isn't working.
    • If a WU update or mod conflict breaks something, it now logs a "SEVERE" message that is easily searched in the logs and identifies what broke, why it's broken, and what it was attempting to do.
    • If you install a mod requiring this library and no SEVERE messages are logged, it's safe to assume the mod is working properly.
  • Armoury
    • Now requires Sindusk Library. If you had a configuration file, you will need to go through and make identical changes in the new one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Disabled the critical strike on non-player option (for now). It is not working in 1.6.

• BetterCombatLog

• Marked outdated. It no longer works with the current version of Wurm after the multicolor line segment additions. However, I'd really like to revisit this mod and improve it with the new technology.

• Libila Fixes

• Depreceated & Removed. Merged into ServerTweaks.

• ServerTweaks

• Now requires Sindusk Library. If you had a configuration file, you will need to go through and make identical changes in the new one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Heavily re-written backend to split into dev commands, bug fixes, and gameplay tweaks.
    • Mod Merge: Libila Fixes. All of Libila Fixes changes have been rolled into 3 options for ServerTweaks: fixFreedomMycelium, enableFreedomLibila, enableFreedomDarkMessenger.
    • Mod Merge: SkillGainControl. The characteristicDivider option from SkillGainControl is now available in ServerTweaks as characteristicDivisor.
    • Mod Merge: TaxConfig. The gracePeriodDays and increasePerDay options are now available in ServerTweaks as taxGracePeriodDays and taxPercentIncreasePerDayGone.
    • New Feature: Moon Metal vein fix [Bugfix]. This stops moon metal veins from being capped at 50 hits. This performs the same fix as Moon Metal Mining by Webba, but uses string replace instead of bytecode manipulation, making it more resilient to breaking through WU updates.
    • New Feature: Rarity window adjustments [Gameplay Tweak]. You can now modify the chance of fantastic, supreme, and rare rolls during a rarity window. These can be configured in the properties file.
    • New Feature: Item based food affinities [Gameplay Tweak]. This makes food affinities based on the item instead of the consuming player. The reason to do this is to allow players to sell well-cooked food with good affinities.
    • New Feature: Bank Balance action [Gameplay Tweak]. This gives an action usable from your body or hand that will tell you your bank balance instantly from any location.
    • New Feature: Spawn Teleport action [Gameplay Tweak]. This gives an action that can be used to teleport to the spawnpoint.

• SkillGainControl

• Changes to 1.6 made the reason for this mod defunct, as characteristic gain above skill level 31 is no longer soft capped.
    • For compatibility sake, if you used this mod before and want to keep your characteristic gain rate the same, please use ServerTweaks new option characteristicDivisor and put the same value. The whole rest of ServerTweaks can be disabled to have no impact on your server if you only want to use this feature.

• Spellcraft

• Updated to WU 1.6 Beta, fixing a runtime crash when using enchanted items.
    • New Feature/Mod Merge: Statuette Tweaks.
      • You can now allow the QL and rarity of the statuette you cast with matter.
      • QL will add to the bonus roll of casts (like a faith zone) and rarity will apply bonus power to the resulting roll.
      • This feature can be configured or disabled from the properties file.
      • These changes were originally created for Wyvern Reborn in a separate mod by Xelat.

• Tax Config

• All of the other ServerTweaks changes can be disabled from the properties file. If you only wanted to use this, please install ServerTweaks and configure so it's the only thing activated.

• Like 1

Do we have to have Sindusk Library to continue using the Starter Gear mod?

For the starter gear you dont need an update to 1.6, so it should work without the library

21 hours ago, Batta said:

Do we have to have Sindusk Library to continue using the Starter Gear mod?

As stated above, Starter Gear does not require the Sindusk Library. This should remain the case for as long as the mod doesn't break. Looking at the code, there's very little reason to implement the library since it only does one action. It's heavily used and I'd prefer not to change the mod if I can avoid it while it still works. It should remain relatively patch-proof unless the WU developers change starting gear itself.

• Like 1

Hey Sindusk,

I've installed the new versions including the sindusk librabry which loads with no errors, only issue is the spellcraft mod fails to load. Any thoughts?

org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.dependency.DependencyException: Spellcraft requires SinduskLibrary which is unavailable
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.dependency.DependencyResolver.checkRequires(DependencyResolver.java:98)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.dependency.DependencyResolver.order(DependencyResolver.java:36)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:138)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:20)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)

Sorry about that one. I've been all sorts of disorganized because I've been trying to do so much recently. You can find a more up-to-date version here:

https://github.com/Sindusk/spellcraft/releases

I'll get around to switching all my links to GitHub in the OP soon enough. Just need a bit of time.

You are a star thank you so much.

Bet its keeping you mega busy updating your mod suite so no worries at all, totally understand! :) 

Thanks for everything

On 4/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, Sindusk said:

As stated above, Starter Gear does not require the Sindusk Library. This should remain the case for as long as the mod doesn't break. Looking at the code, there's very little reason to implement the library since it only does one action. It's heavily used and I'd prefer not to change the mod if I can avoid it while it still works. It should remain relatively patch-proof unless the WU developers change starting gear itself.

I use Bluefang Solutions to host  private server and I was using StartingGear mod and before the update it was working, but now after the update, nothing the IT ppl do can make it work. 

We're trried reinstalling the mod launcher, etc.

Do you know why something like this would happen? 

Im not sure what info I can present to better help describe the issues I am having. Please let me know and I can post more info.

I started a thread here on steam as well: Update Broke Mods? 

Thank you.

Post logs, this is working fine on my server.  No one will be able to help without logs of what is happening. 

12 hours ago, WittleBunnBun said:

I use Bluefang Solutions to host  private server and I was using StartingGear mod and before the update it was working, but now after the update, nothing the IT ppl do can make it work. 

We're trried reinstalling the mod launcher, etc.

Do you know why something like this would happen? 

In my experience, it's always a mod conflict. I usually resolve it by removing all the mods, then putting them back in one at a time until something stops working.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:17 AM, Jerone0601 said:

Post logs, this is working fine on my server.  No one will be able to help without logs of what is happening. 

What log folder should I look into for this? I see configstore, connection, content, and stats

On 14.11.2016 at 10:34 PM, Sindusk said:

Server Tweaks

Bugged for me. If disable Check Bank Account fromanywhere - still see menu on "body" -- check account, but it not work.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, Jerone0601 said:

The Server log.

Thank you for your answers! 

After asking, Bluefang was able to fix the mod issues! Everything works now *magic* 

• Spellcraft Version 2.0:
    • New Spell: Expand
      • Based entirely off ago's Bag of Holding mod, this is just a more "immersive" version where the flavor text is no longer Courier.
      • Aside from that, due to no longer having a clash with Courier, it allows Expand to be cast on mailboxes, allowing players to mail objects which normally do not fit in mailboxes such as longbows.
      • Converting from ago's Bag of Holding to Expand might be a tricky process, but it's possible to create an SQL script to make the conversion seamless, I think.
    • New Spell: Efficiency
      • This spell casts an enchant which reduces difficulty skill checks with the enchanted item. This means that it will be more efficient for basically any aspect of the game where it is used. Swords parry more often, shields block more frequently, pickaxes will mine higher average ql ore, etc. etc.
      • As with all other spells in the mod, cast time, difficulty, faith requirement, favor cost, and cooldown can all be configured.
    • New Spell: Quarry
      • Essentially a rework of the old modded spell Azbantium Fist, this improves the odds of a player successfully surface mining.
      • As of right now, the "quarryEffectiveness" option is not used. It can be ignored.
    • New Feature: Enchant Grouping
      • You can now edit the vanilla enchant groupings, or create your own.
      • For editing, this means you can allow Rotting Touch to stack with Flaming Aura for example. Or have WoA + BotD on the same item.
      • For adding groups, you can now make spells clash that normally don't. You can make it so Life Transfer and WoA cannot be on a weapon. You can make it so Nimbleness wont work with any of the damage enchants. The options are now in your hands.
      • As before in the mod, when a spell clashes, the details of why it's clashing will be explained better. Example: 

[22:10:44] The pickaxe is already enchanted with Aura of shared pain which would negate the effect of Circle of Cunning.

• Miscellaneous

• New option for reducing the effectiveness of healing with Scorn of Libila.

GitHub Latest Release

• Like 2