Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #45 Save the date!

header.png

Mountain views, by Ibexx

It's the calm before the storm this week with the 1.3 update looming over, testing to ensure everything works, working with feedback on the cooking changes, as well as finalising what's in it! We have the release date set (pending anything majorly breaking) and here it is!

Save the date!
With the major bugs ironed out of the cooking update, we're able to announce the release date. The 1.3 update will go live on the 22nd of November! This means next week will be the final news before it goes live, so I'll have all the info about what's coming in 1.3 to share then.

There's a lot to go over and finalise, I'll be working with the dev team to make sure everything is covered and all the information is available upon launch.

Bug reports and exploits
This week saw a notice about exploits and their impact. We're aware that sometimes mechanics fail, or that there are situations that can be created that we do not intend. It is our job here to provide as much information on what is intended and what situations are not. With that in mind it's also important that all exploits and potential game breaking bugs are reported by you.

With that in mind we're in the process of improving our reporting reward system, ensuring that players who do report these issues are recognised for their help.

This system has been around prior, but was not publicly available and did vary in the rewards, so our aim here is to provide a public system that is clear and makes sense

Rift Rune Changes

Based off feedback we'll be making a few slight changes to the rift runes. Anyone will be able to make a rift rune of any god (or Jackal) There will be a bonus for crafting a rune for a follower of that god if they have over 20 faith.

i.e. A Fo follower with over 20 faith can make a rune of any god, but gains a crafting bonus to crafting runes of Fo.

This means that a follower won't be limited to just runes of their god, and opens up more opportunity for crafting!

Community Content

Milosanx has a new video! He's traveled through the orient express, a canal that's been a project since I started playing. I first heard rumours about it living down in the south east, but it wasn't apparent to me just how amazing it was, it's huge!

There's a lot of things in the works coming, and not just the cooking aspect. Once those things are finalised we'll be sharing them with you all, so keep an eye out!

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 8

Just now, dingov said:

does the 1.3 update include flat map dumps still?

yep!

• Like 3

On, I'll cook me some treats for my namesday then (22/11)!

And <3 @Milosanx

• Like 1

Will the new render (unstable) client be optional still, or will it become the standard client?

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Just now, Wurmhole said:

Will the new render (unstable) client be optional still, or will it become the standard client?

Not until the disconnect bug is addressed. Other issues with it are being worked on as well

• Like 3

OH MY GOD!

the devs actually managed to bring an update WHILE ANNOUNCING IT PRIOR?!

i.. i never thought this was possible.

please keep doing it like this from now on. dont randomly ninja-drop big updates on us.

• Like 4

A tuesday release?  Thats...  an interesting way of doing things to say the least!  Still, its a day I can afford to be foraging away for ^_^

I'll just be waiting to see what "minor" spells folks can make with runes...

• Like 1

Um, there is apparently stuff in the update that we have not been informed about, and I suspect those parts will be less popular.

Just now, Cecci said:

Um, there is apparently stuff in the update that we have not been informed about, and I suspect those parts will be less popular.

such as?

What do I know? It has been hinted at by devs, that cooking is just a part of the update.

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Rift Rune Changes

Based off feedback we'll be making a few slight changes to the rift runes. Anyone will be able to make a rift rune of any god (or Jackal) There will be a bonus for crafting a rune for a follower of that god if they have over 20 faith.

i.e. A Fo follower with over 20 faith can make a rune of any god, but gains a crafting bonus to crafting runes of Fo.

This means that a follower won't be limited to just runes of their god, and opens up more opportunity for crafting!

Seems a much more reasonable approach, just giving some type of bonus if you are a follower of that rune's god. Smartz!

Tuesday is a good day for doing the update as well, giving 3 more days to fix problems before the next weekend.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Just now, Cecci said:

What do I know? It has been hinted at by devs, that cooking is just a part of the update.

it is just part of the update, along with shield training changes, flat map dumps, rift runes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

along with shield training changes

What that means?

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

along with shield training changes

What that means?

Just now, Rocky said:

What that means?

I think it means addressing the issue we had previously and tweaking gains and such. Since they changed it to moving to different targets to keep getting gains.

no more decay for decorations on deed also made it in that update?

Is there any news or details about things like shield training? I know there is a response to that being one of the many other things mentioned but why no details about it at all?

How about players that are not followers? will they be able to craft all sorts of runes as well? Great news on the cooking update. Looking forward to it.

27 minutes ago, Syd said:

How about players that are not followers? will they be able to craft all sorts of runes as well? Great news on the cooking update. Looking forward to it.

Takes little time and has no requirement/penalty to become a follower not reason for anyone not to be a follower =P

Can be the reaon of just not wanting to be follower. lol Jut asking...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Takes little time and has no requirement/penalty to become a follower not reason for anyone not to be a follower =P

Some folks have Real Life reason to not become a follower in a game, various religious reasons from the few I have talked to about becoming a follower.  Are they to be mocked and penalized then for their real life beliefs?  Yes you can say it's just a game but to some it's more important to follow their real life morals and beliefs than something in game.

I follow under this with a similar thing, I don't drink in real life, and I don't drink in game, no reason why, I just prefer not to.

So please, don't say no reason for anyone to not be a follower unless you know that for an absolute fact.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bug reports and exploits
This week saw a notice about exploits and their impact. We're aware that sometimes mechanics fail, or that there are situations that can be created that we do not intend. It is our job here to provide as much information on what is intended and what situations are not. With that in mind it's also important that all exploits and potential game breaking bugs are reported by you.

With that in mind we're in the process of improving our reporting reward system, ensuring that players who do report these issues are recognised for their help.

This system has been around prior, but was not publicly available and did vary in the rewards, so our aim here is to provide a public system that is clear and makes sense

I do hope prior work and reports will finally be rewarded...

*cough* want the clairvoyant title *cough*

• Like 2