Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #45 Save the date!

10 minutes ago, hebs said:

Will it be available on WU at same date ?

lol, Has anything been added to Wurm Unlimited on the same date? No reason to think this would be any different.

That's a nice ship tunnel. Could have gotten the entrance deeper; though, eh long as it works, its all good. :lol:

Gonna be a good month until we have snow again for the snowballs needed for the larder - any chance Ice Pillar snow will be usable?

• Like 2

I am glad :rolleyes: My screen

Edited by Ibexx

Willthis be a simultaneous release ie willit be released for WU. At the same time

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, Syd said:

Can be the reaon of just not wanting to be follower. lol Jut asking...

Only the brave hearted and independent people are not followers. Congratulations! I have followed no pagan Wurm gods since playing the game many years ago. As for the runes, yes us who refuse to submit to these "gods" can still craft these runes as has been stated by Retro but we will just not get the bonus from any particular god that other players have made a choice to follow.

Stay strong and kneel to no one, least of all these pagan phantasms of the imagination. Their blessings are hardly worth the price for those who choose to go their own way unencumbered.

=Ayes=

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ozmods said:

Willthis be a simultaneous release ie willit be released for WU. At the same time

No, as stated previously, it will go to beta for WU probably around the start of december.

There's a fair bit of WU specific stuff for it, as such the beta will be extremely necessary for server admins.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 10:44 AM, Stormblade said:

Some folks have Real Life reason to not become a follower in a game, various religious reasons from the few I have talked to about becoming a follower.  Are they to be mocked and penalized then for their real life beliefs?  Yes you can say it's just a game but to some it's more important to follow their real life morals and beliefs than something in game.

I follow under this with a similar thing, I don't drink in real life, and I don't drink in game, no reason why, I just prefer not to.

So please, don't say no reason for anyone to not be a follower unless you know that for an absolute fact.

Heavens forbid someone playing a fantasy game has issues with the gods in said fantasy game.

If they don't want to be followers, then they should not be taking advantage of enchanted items either.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

No, as stated previously, it will go to beta for WU probably around the start of december.

There's a fair bit of WU specific stuff for it, as such the beta will be extremely necessary for server admins.

This needs a little clarification?  Is it because the Beta breaks mods and admins needs to do beta testing to see what all broke?  Or is it because you just need the admins to do the Beta testing in general, to find the bugs? Is it because there is a whole new management interface for running the servers?  Leaving Steam? It is a little unclear to me.  Giving a detailed heads up to the people running WU servers would be quite helpful.  As always your responses are appreciated!

1 minute ago, Wurmhole said:

This needs a little clarification?  Is it because the Beta breaks mods and admins needs to do beta testing to see what all broke?  Or is it because you just need the admins to do the Beta testing in general, to find the bugs? Is it because there is a whole new management interface for running the servers?  Leaving Steam? It is a little unclear to me.  Giving a detailed heads up to the people running WU servers would be quite helpful.  As always your responses are appreciated!

as stated previously, the cooking update in WU will come with the ability for server admins to create their own recipes, change a lot of things that may be affected by mods.

Server admins will need to ensure that it works smoothly with their existing modded servers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

as stated previously, the cooking update in WU will come with the ability for server admins to create their own recipes, change a lot of things that may be affected by mods.

Server admins will need to ensure that it works smoothly with their existing modded servers.

Other then changes to cooking are there any other major changes that will impact WU? Running a heavily modded server means WU update day is always a bit "concerning".

54 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Other then changes to cooking are there any other major changes that will impact WU? Running a heavily modded server means WU update day is always a bit "concerning".

Full patch notes will be on update day, a bit of time before the beta will be up for WU

• Like 2

curious, is the reason for the custom recipe WU feature is because you guys are going to exclude the WO recipes from WU so we can't look them up?

31 minutes ago, joedobo said:

curious, is the reason for the custom recipe WU feature is because you guys are going to exclude the WO recipes from WU so we can't look them up?

No, it was to allow server owners more flexibility, there will be WO only recipes, but that is due to their references, not about having them unable to be looked up.

41 minutes ago, Cecci said:

How do you mean their references?

Likly materials that don't normaly occur in WU. Only WO has rift creatures by default as one example.

@RetrogradeThanks for the reply! Those pesky conspiracy thoughts of mine.

Edited by joedobo

Right, so those servers that have rift creatures, for example Mythmoor, can they add reciepts for them then?

Just now, Cecci said:

Right, so those servers that have rift creatures, for example Mythmoor, can they add reciepts for them then?

WU servers can add custom recipes with the adder tool. I'm guess Reto was commenting on the recipes that won't be in WU at all. So, for example, there might be a recipe that uses rift beast heart, rift beast meat, and pizza dough to make a beast meat pizza. This pizza recipe, if it existed, might not be present in WU code since the materials don't normally exist.

finally, remember I'm just making guesses.

Any idea if the runes will be applicable to body parts? Enhancers to Fo unarmored enchants?

44 minutes ago, joedobo said:

finally, remember I'm just making guesses.

Yep, there was a reason I addressed it the way I did.

I sure hope at least the code for the rift cooking mats will be there in WU as the rift creatures are available in the code.

It has zero to do with rift materials, they would simply be variations of existing meals

Ok, so can you give a clue then Retro to what  you meant so we wont guess :P

5 hours ago, Cecci said:

How do you mean their references?

Got a question that is off the cooking path, but will the new mapdumps be ready at same time as update or will that be later?

• Like 1