Sign in to follow this  
Pinchaloaf

Wanna come back to turbonerd...

...but not sure if this game is coming back or still going down the crapper? Anything being done with PvP other than adding more garbage to pad the stats of the ancient accounts?

• Like 2

Was watching early epic pvp videos today. It looked like a lot of fun. 

I can understand their comments about not doing a reset, but if they did at least they'd have more time to fix things (second chance) before it got stagnant again. There would be a boost in player count at least for a decent amount of time. Yeah it doesn't fix things in the long run, but it beats playing with 15 people on 4 servers.

dont make the mistake of making an invest into the pvp side of wurm until the devs sort some ###### (probably 2-3 years)

• Like 2

if you ask how wurm is doing: pretty well I guess, especially with the cooking update coming soon.

if you ask how pvp is doing: drama as always :P

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Miretta said:

if you ask how wurm is doing: pretty well I guess, especially with the cooking update coming soon.

if you ask how pvp is doing: drama as always :P

Wurm's losing players btw.

More players are leaving the game than there are new players joining to replace them. Player retention.

For any game, that is fatal road to be heading down. Everyone must realise this.

The more people sit here and blindly say stuff like "The cooking update looks so cool, this game is really doing well! XD GJ Dev team you're working real hard. XD" the more nails get hammered into the coffin, because the devs will not change gears.

I'm not directing this at you though, it's just stuff that needs to be acknowledged, by everyone.

4 minutes ago, Madt said:

More players are leaving the game than there are new players joining to replace them. Player retention.

For any game, that is fatal road to be heading down. Everyone must realise this.

The more people sit here and blindly say stuff like "The cooking update looks so cool, this game is really doing well! XD GJ Dev team you're working real hard. XD" the more nails get hammered into the coffin, because the devs will not change gears.

I'm not directing this at you though, it's just stuff that needs to be acknowledged, by everyone.

Not hyped for cooking personally.. and runes "trash"(offer alternatives to )several mechanics, other than that.. it's all the same, Miretta didn't lie..; several people sold a few things for this or that reason.. or just got bored/tired/confused from a few changes or w/e, nobody knows as nobody tells you a thing when they leave:rolleyes:.

If you feel like playing jump in.. try and see if you want to stick around and for how long, we've all taken a few breaks and returned a few times, right?B)

All aboard!

12 minutes ago, Madt said:

Over all those years playing I have seen players quitting and coming back and quitting and coming back and some newbies joining, some very few staying, most leaving, since game feels outdated to alot and alot can't see the value wurm has when just playing for a short time. Also the graph about how many players are online at a time in a year seems to fluctuate somewhat seasonal....usually around christmas are alot of people around and in summer less so...unless there is vacation...and the older wurm community grows, the more things change of when people have time to play and when not. 
I do admit that i think that the price change has affected wurm negatively in a way, but then at the same time, that it mostly sorted out people using alts.
Sure I can't ignore all the people "quitting" openly, but the same way as some are quitting, others come back and I don't see any change in THAT specific pattern.

and in regards to what the devs see and think: I don't know why you think they need to be told that their game is doing bad or not if they are the ones having ALL the numbers and probably lots more clear information than we have. No dev keeps a business this long running without knowing somewhat what they are doing. If you disagree, that's fine.

Devs keep the business so long couse most of them work for free. How many full time payed devs this game has? 1?

That's the reasons why all the changes are so slow, most of them probably work after hours of their normal job.

Second thing, Rolf left now game for them, but financially is not their game, so it leads to the situation when they are afraid of any big changes (like resets/merges etc), to not be blame in the future that they broke the game.

my friend list now has more people that have been gone for more than a year than active ones. changes keep being made that reduce quality of life (removal of fountain pans, hell horse nerf, sac changes, forcing you into cooking to improve nutrition to name a few) and pvp is still a mess.

but other than that, everything's cool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

Devs keep the business so long couse most of them work for free. How many full time payed devs this game has? 1?

That's the reasons why all the changes are so slow, most of them probably work after hours of their normal job.

Second thing, Rolf left now game for them, but financially is not their game, so it leads to the situation when they are afraid of any big changes (like resets/merges etc), to not be blame in the future that they broke the game.

My understanding is that the current Developers are now structured to be Contract Workers, meaning that they do indeed get paid for working on specific projects as planned and required. Usually always better for a company to hire people as Contract Workers for the various savings this enables. Possibly the person in charge of them all (Budda?) is a salaried employee. Not really sure. Rolf still oversees all this and probably just approves the direction of further focus and progress.

More details have really not been provided by Rolf, nor have I seen any breakdown posted of who these Contract Worker Developers are and what specific areas of the game they are assigned to. None of our business really other than just having a general idea of the new structure of the game development. For curiosities sake it would be interesting to get more details but not sure what difference it would really make to those of us who just enjoy playing the game.

(I remember Rolf did list a few of these Contract Workers in another post somewhere but to me it seemed not to include all of them but rather just those who were put into some key development positions.)

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
added bottom stuff

Employees & Contractors

• Rolf - Owner & Database and Server developer
  • Saroman - Art Developer
  • MaxC/Maximusi - Game Server Admin
  • Retrograde - Community Relations Coordinator
  • Budda - Developer, Product Manager
  • Taufiq - Developer, Payment System Manager
  • Keenan - Developer, Code Manager, Steam Build Manager
  • Daryl - Webmaster
  • Like 1

Thanks for the answers. Guess I'll check back in another 6 months.

Rest easy mods, I'm not back to be a thorn in your sides just yet. There has to be something here to care about for that to happen.

• Like 1

The only time wurm pvp is active and fun is when everyone has incomplete accounts. Finished servers where everyone has 90+ everything are dead. I wish people could look past the time they invested and aim for a more fun future.

• Like 1