Sign in to follow this  
Cecci

Congrats, America! (and the world)

On 11/11/2016 at 2:17 PM, Alexgopen said:

i agree. i go to a university so its super liberal but i support trump. its hard to get through to them and they vilify me just because we have a difference of opinion.  i think ive made some ground with some of my friends but they are being super hostile and rude, using profane language etc while i keep it civil.  as soon as you stoop to the level of making personal attacks youve lost your argument, so im trying to calm them down by showing them how the quotes and reasons they cite as justification for their anger or as dirt on trump are often exaggerated by the media, conjecture, or flat out wrong.  it's ridiculous to me that we are having riots, car burning, window smashing, looting, shootings, hit and runs, attacks, and car jackings as a reaction to a presidential election, let alone all that happening on the anniversary of kristallnacht.  it's really sad to see 

But...  I doubt it would be a radical statement to say that a significant portion of Trump's voter base was attracted to him doing exactly what your liberal friends are doing - using profane language, being hostile, rude, not using facts to support policies, etc.  I'm at a Catholic university right now which, at least as far as I can tell, was pretty anti-Trump.  Most of the initial reasoning I'd heard around campus was based around his character and his extreme campaign declarations; he said wild things to rile up masses with emotion and rhetoric, and used his own offensive personality to deepen the divide between the "high-minded liberal pussies" and the "rural white hick trash" which just made the campaign even more horrendous.

One could say Trump scraped out those key swing states by exploiting the EXTREMES of voter's positions - the alt-right white nationalism, severe (if not violent) exclusion of other races, objectification of women - all of which are positions not acquired through empathy and reasoning.

Clearly, a large portion of Americans were unhappy with the establishment on BOTH sides, voting for Trump and Bernie, or not voting at all (I'd heard 43% didn't vote in general election?) but the method as to which Trump achieved his victory was unsettling and disturbing.  Not downing some of the general ideas of "draining the swamp" (ofc now he's putting his family and Wall Street execs in the transition team) and focusing on the working class, but god knows if his policies will actually reflect half of what he campaigned on.

It sucks big-time having to, as a country, go through a campaign like this, right?  The more educated and reasonable we can all be, the better; however, sometimes it's easier to get votes by stirring up anger/scorn rather than presenting a calm and rational case.

• Like 3

Thank God that crazy Hilary didn't get in power.
We would all probably be dead from nuke war by Feb next year if she had of made it to the WH.

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 3

What a lot of people do not understand is that Russia's threat to war if Clinton won, war serious. Russia's main power at this point comes from their oil, since the fall of the Soviet Union Russia was doing everything they could to just try to stay afloat. The Obama administration was doing everything they could to damage Russia's interests, including causing wars to destabilize Russian allies in the middle east, as well as focusing a strong effort into sanctioning Russia, and encouraging European allies to do the same in order to reduce their dependence on Russian oil and refocus on the plundered oil from the Middle East. Russian was running out of cards, and fast. Once Hillary announced her plans to be absolutely brutal to Syria (Assad allied to Russia) and Iran Russia knew they were out of options, it was either start a nuclear war with the United States or be destroyed economically. The United States political power is at the highest it has ever been, it is a unitary world power, its stranglehold over nuclear powered nations give them little recourse to act if the United States decided to squeeze their throats little by little. Russia figured instead of being strangled, fight back.

Luckily with Trump in office, Putin stands to benefit as well as Trump does. Better ties with Russia will help them at least retain dignity in what little they control now (Oil), provide the US with business opportunities, which were all but severed in the past years (I am well versed in this), and provide the US with an ally in dangerous Islamic ideologies that threaten the very idea of Western Civilization on a fundamental level.

As a Foreign Affairs Analyst, and Researcher, I could not be more thrilled with Trumps foreign policy plans.

• Like 2

Unfortunately.  Russia also knows a nuclear war is the end of Russia too.  While the US might be blown up, the missiles would have already launched to blow up Russia too.   I cannot imagine anyone using that because it is the end of everything anyone knows.

1 hour ago, Pashka said:

Unfortunately.  Russia also knows a nuclear war is the end of Russia too.  While the US might be blown up, the missiles would have already launched to blow up Russia too.   I cannot imagine anyone using that because it is the end of everything anyone knows.

Live free or die.

2 hours ago, Pashka said:

Yeah but Russia also knew the US nuclear response time thanks to Hillary Clinton during a debate, meaning that instead of having to fire miles and miles off the coast of the United States, they can fire almost directly on the missile silos of the US before we even had a chance.

4 hours ago, Pashka said:

I cannot imagine anyone using that because it is the end of everything anyone knows.

That's also projecting home-grown kind of feelings onto another culture. Remember the hostage crisis they had in a theater back in 2002? After like three days they said ok, enough of this sh_t and pumped gas into the theater killing whoever including more theater-goers than the total amount of terrorists. Probably in the US there would have been some ruckus if that happened, but there wasn't a big outcry there. Different sentiments, maybe less fear of death.

5 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

What a lot of people do not understand is that Russia's threat to war if Clinton won, war serious. Russia's main power at this point comes from their oil, since the fall of the Soviet Union Russia was doing everything they could to just try to stay afloat. The Obama administration was doing everything they could to damage Russia's interests, including causing wars to destabilize Russian allies in the middle east, as well as focusing a strong effort into sanctioning Russia, and encouraging European allies to do the same in order to reduce their dependence on Russian oil and refocus on the plundered oil from the Middle East. Russian was running out of cards, and fast. Once Hillary announced her plans to be absolutely brutal to Syria (Assad allied to Russia) and Iran Russia knew they were out of options, it was either start a nuclear war with the United States or be destroyed economically. The United States political power is at the highest it has ever been, it is a unitary world power, its stranglehold over nuclear powered nations give them little recourse to act if the United States decided to squeeze their throats little by little. Russia figured instead of being strangled, fight back.

Luckily with Trump in office, Putin stands to benefit as well as Trump does. Better ties with Russia will help them at least retain dignity in what little they control now (Oil), provide the US with business opportunities, which were all but severed in the past years (I am well versed in this), and provide the US with an ally in dangerous Islamic ideologies that threaten the very idea of Western Civilization on a fundamental level.

As a Foreign Affairs Analyst, and Researcher, I could not be more thrilled with Trumps foreign policy plans.

I'm not great at world politics/etc., so I'm kind of wading into the deep end w/o my floaties here, but...

For one, I understand each nation's priority is their own nation; that being said, isn't it the job of a country/group of countries like NATO/UN to provide a check to a single country's misbehaving, such as Russia's recent imperialism of the Ukraine?  Is it really necessary to ally with a dictator as amoral and stubborn as Assad to take on the threat of radical Islamic terrorism cells?  The impression I've gotten is that Russia's been drenching their own media with pretty nationalistic propaganda - isn't it the job of other countries to discourage them through the use of sanctions?

However, it does seem kind of silly to intend economic damage to a nation in the upswing of nationalistic sentiment - that would just fuel it even more, right?

13 hours ago, Fireflyb said:

I'm not great at world politics/etc., so I'm kind of wading into the deep end w/o my floaties here, but...

For one, I understand each nation's priority is their own nation; that being said, isn't it the job of a country/group of countries like NATO/UN to provide a check to a single country's misbehaving, such as Russia's recent imperialism of the Ukraine?  Is it really necessary to ally with a dictator as amoral and stubborn as Assad to take on the threat of radical Islamic terrorism cells?  The impression I've gotten is that Russia's been drenching their own media with pretty nationalistic propaganda - isn't it the job of other countries to discourage them through the use of sanctions?

However, it does seem kind of silly to intend economic damage to a nation in the upswing of nationalistic sentiment - that would just fuel it even more, right?

the crimea referendum was much like the current UK referendum and I think there was one in the netherlands, norway and denmark all which have been ignored so far (apart from the crimea referendum, which is somehow condemned), really the only shady ###### in ukraine is the insurgency by the rebels in the actual ukraine

Either you support the Assad regime who at it's height torture or kill political enemies within Syria or you support ISIS and their rebels which has the aim to genocide everything worldwide that isn't islamic, buildings too

23 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

Considering that Hillary Staff was lead by Major insiders of Russia

Robby Mook brother was a major player that worked with Manafort in Ukraine

John Podesta owns a major Russian Energy company, and his brother owns one also and has ties to a major Russian bank

The rest of Hillary Staff is also unregistered Foreign Agents

Huma Abedin family largely works with Saudi Arabia

Joel Benenson does political activities in a dozen nations including Ukraine and Argentina

I was pro Bernie, but he tried to sell me to Hillary, with the rest of us. ###### Bernie.

I wrote in the All Father, Odin. ###### it, I've voted Odin since I could vote. (Clinton, Bush, Obama, Hillary, Trump, all the same ######.)

Maybe one day we'll win the election and can focus on that Ragnarok business.

Vermin Supreme seems promising for next cycle.

Edited by Makarus
our system is a joke.

On 11/11/2016 at 0:17 PM, Alexgopen said:

it's ridiculous to me that we are having riots, car burning, window smashing, looting, shootings, hit and runs, attacks, and car jackings as a reaction to a presidential election, let alone all that happening on the anniversary of kristallnacht.  it's really sad to see 

People that do that kind of thing are just looking for reasons to commit crimes or hurt people. Same people that are doing it for BLM, for their teams losing in sports and so on and so forth. (This is at least the case for most of them)

Yesterday on Twitter...

The President of Taiwan CALLED ME today to wish me congratulations on winning the Presidency. Thank you!
1 hour and half a dozen advisors later;
Interesting how the U.S. sells Taiwan billions of dollars of military equipment but I should not accept a congratulatory call.

China's gonna love that tweet.

Edited by Steveleeb

On 11/10/2016 at 3:19 AM, MootRed said:

Wife and I stayed up to watch the election.

Everyone on facebook is "speechless" that so many people voted for trump when they never heard them talk about trump in public. You know why? Because the social justice warriors and radical feminists shamed you if you supported anyone other than Hillary calling you a "bigot" "sexist" etc. So, trump supports stayed quiet and quietly voted.

People think that trump is a bully but the real bullies are the Hillary supporters that shamed people in public.

...not to mention Hillary broke the law and should be disqualified from presidency because of her obvious "pay to play" corruption, use of public office for personal gain, and "gross" mishandling of classified documents.

Please, step up to the plate. Defend Hillary Clinton.

You. Will. Be. Destroyed.

Does not matter now, anyway. Time to work together and mend America.

Yeah, exactly.  It's just like the way everyone bullies people to support Obama or you're a racist.  You're not allowed to even mention that he's a Muslim who wasn't even born in the US.  They go nuts when you talk about the fact that he's a fascist and tried to take away all of our guns so that he could declare martial law and become a dictator.  Good thing the Republicans stopped him.  Whew!  And you can't talk about how he screwed up the whole health care system.  You say one negative thing about him, and everyone goes all SJW on you.  

(Note: This is sarcasm.)

Edited by Lovely_Rita
  • Like 1

We will make America great again, melting one snowflake at a time.

• Like 3

"We are a nation of immigrants.. but we are a nation of laws"

"Our nation is rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country...

Illegal immigrants take jobs from citizens or legal immigrants, they impose burdens on our taxpayers...

That is why we are doubling the number of border guards, deporting more illegal immigrants than ever before, cracking down on illegal hiring, barring benefits to illegal aliens, and we will do more to speed the deportation of illegal immigrants arrest for crimes...

It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration lawsthat has occurred in the last few years.. and we must do more to stop it."

[Standing Ovation]

Lol.  Isn't the internet fun! :D