Sign in to follow this  
Pardigan

Fatigue system needs to be looked at

I have seen this complaint come up a few times over the 6+ years i have been playing and I always find it amusing that a player loves this game so much they can play it enough to hit fatigue (which is not that easy to do) but yet say they will "quit" the game because of it. It makes no sense and I believe its a complete bluff. #idlethreat

• Like 2

Fighting doesn't use fatigue, but butchering and burying do, correct?  So you'd have to hope the actual fighting takes longer than the butchering and burying so you're still gaining more fatigue than losing?  WOA and high QL tools would help that, of course, but it's not as simple as "just go level fighting."

Kind of the same with cooking.  I would assume chopping, mashing, etc. uses up fatigue?  Could have a whole FSB dedicated to pre-processed food so it's on-hand if need be.

Mind you I usually have 12hrs of fatigue at the ready on account of a busy RL, but just trying to elucidate the issue fully.

Guess I could see how back in college I would play games for 8 hours straight at times.  It's not quite as nuts as it might appear to me nowadays.  These days, I'd hate to see what my pup does to my apartment if I try that.

[21:54:51] You are too mentally exhausted to do that now.

guess i'll go back to the corner of people having trouble with this, where i seem to be pretty much on my own...

shouldnt really hurt anyone to just introduce a second eat function for sleep powder to restore some fatigue?

• Like 1

I personally have NEVER hit fatigue timer ;) keep in mind that the 12 hours of fatigue you start with... by the time you use it... you've now gained another 4 hours and by the time u use 3 of those u get another so you could literally have your timer bar moving nonstop... for a total of 17 hours straight before hitting fatigue.... under normal circumstances this is pretty much impossible to do. the only people i know of that did hit fatigue timers regularly.... were all people that were macroing.... some admittedly and some not... there was a guy that did weaponsmithing grind with me and he hit the fatigue timer... he also didnt sleep at all for multiple days in a row and seemed to be on death incarnate by the time he was done... I think he then went and slept for 3-4 days straight to make up for it. 

You should not hit fatigue that often... even keeping food and water bars full... and spamming those actions... not eating showering sleeping... nothing else for 17 hours straight... 

You will NEVER hit fatigue while hunting/fighting. I'm sorry but if you hit fatigue from butchering and burying... then you will make me laugh. keep in mind the average battle will last more than 30-60 seconds plus you have time travelled between monsters. oh... and having 17 hours worth wait no... thats 17 hours STRAIGHT timers... if you throw in time to kill mobs it will take you more than that to hit fatigue maybe 30+ hours and where are you finding enough animals to kill for 30+ hours... especially when ur killing them QUICKLY... because keep in mind you have to spend most of ur time butchering/burying to hit fatigue..

Also to the guy saying he hit fatigue timers while getting to 20 fs... again... a fresh start would take 17 hours straight... now i dunno how many dolls you had... but stopping from destroying them and repairing/imping them a few times would take a lil bit of time... also it takes me 5 hours with sleep from 0-20 or 10 hours without sleep roughly... to hit 20 fs. even if you didnt use coc tools or proper weapons to gain this quicker of of a dummy... even 10 or 20 hours straight with the stopping and repairing i dont see you hitting the fatigue timer that often. I'd like to know how a NEW person to the game manages to do that. 

Now the vynora spell gives sleep bonus at the cost of burning fatigue... this is great for the more casual players who have 1-3 vynoras to do it... i say 1-3 because you have to wait 10 minutes to recieve the spell but its a 30 min cooldown for the priest... so having 3 vyns you can cast it every 10 minutes and recieve anywhere from 2-12 minutes of sleep bonus "roughly" and while using vynora priest alts at 10s a month (premium) is cheaper than buying 10+ sleep powders for the month... This does eat quite a bit of fatigue if you are seriously playing wurm that often and timers only. I've always thought that 12 hours was too much of fatigue. I'd rather see it shortened to 6 or 8 maybe... perhaps a faster regain so if you are playing longer as a dedicated player you will get it back faster but will be unable to do such long grind sessions. but if you have no life and want to grind on end for 17+ hours with no break... May the dieties have mercy upon your wrists and joints. You should take regular breaks to stretch and breathe and eat and oh yea... sleep :) to each their own though. Once i get my skills up on freedom perhaps ill have more clout to my opinions ;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KrisWald said:

perhaps a faster regain so if you are playing longer as a dedicated player you will get it back faster

while logged off in a bed. if its shortened by just 1 hour thats already enough to get rid of most cases of out of fatigue im pretty certain.

i have to agree with you, the scenario of a person playing a single session and burning all fatigue over the course of 18ish hours sounds unlikely, however they seem to forget that once you log off the refresh timer is still 3 hours, so if you log back in after a good break or a night of sleep u usually regenerated 3-4 hours, if you player longer than that over a couple days and actively grind in the time you are online you are likely to run out.

this last case was just grinding over the course of 3 days, started at full and it only went downhill from there.

• Like 2

I think some people don't realize that most fatigue issues is not from playing one day but for those players who have days of playtime under them. I have never hit fatigue but I've come within a couple hours but that was a 4 day binge till I got to that point. Now had I had more time off after those days I surely would have hit it and would have been in the same waiting pattern. 

What is the purpose of this *Fatigue* system anyway? Seems it applies to some skills and not others? This would mean whoever thought it up wanted to restrict the total hours in sequence that you could work on those skills. Why do this?

Seems an odd concept to me. I mean if you pay a fee to play a game you should be able to play all aspects of it for as long as you choose. Time devoted to whatever should always have some sort of rewarding benefit to it.

=Ayes=

I guess I'm in the camp that just doesn't understand the purpose of the fatigue system. 

I have never hit the fatigue brick-wall, but I suspect it has more to do with me and the fact that I generally lose interest in grinding in a relatively short time compared to those who really don't mind grinding if it's getting them to some goal.  I do know that if I did ever hit it, and was prevented from doing whatever I had planned for the day, I'd be extremely chapped since it's a service I'm paying for.

We are told that it's to prevent macroing. That's a nice sentiment if true, and a worthy cause.  But I saw butchering and burying mentioned, for instance.  I don't see how or why anyone could/would macro butchering and burying, even if they had a huge stack of corpses for one sitting.  Why in the world should butchering and burying be one of the things that drains fatigue?  If it's for cumulative effect with all the other stuff they're doing in the course of a play-day, then obviously the player is moving around and doing different things.

Maybe the problem is with the things that are included in the draining of fatigue?  Whatever the case, if the purpose of the system really is only to prevent macroing, and if people are hitting fatigue without any macroing, then it seems obvious to me that the system is defective and could use a little tweaking.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

Gotta join the anti fatigue camp.    It's really hard to hit it the first time, but once you've hit it once, it's real easy to keep hitting it.   At this point I can play for 4-5hrs before hitting it again and then needing to wait for it to regen.

2 hours ago, Greyfox said:

Gotta join the anti fatigue camp.    It's really hard to hit it the first time, but once you've hit it once, it's real easy to keep hitting it.   At this point I can play for 4-5hrs before hitting it again and then needing to wait for it to regen.

That is the ###### of the system, once you drain it down low, you are battling down time to recuperate the fatigue against desire to want to play the game.

I watch Arium log in and go oh hey, I have 5 hours fatigue, I can do stuff for a bit!

Most people worry about how much sleep bonus they have.

I have to say I've played 20+ hours str8 and fatigue has never been an issue for me.. I've always known it's there but as soon as I'd stop moving for a few minutes I'd get the msg "you feel rested"

I remember once we went on a huge towerbash run to attack HotS and we bashed like 35 towers, as we got to the last 2 almost our entire crew hit fatigue and couldn't bash anymore >.<

• Like 2

Some of my posts in this and other topics were censored/or trimmed/ by mods without any indication for that, I do not stand behind the remaining words.
I'll politely ask you to skip this post and not read it, as whatever words and thought have been spared are not what I had to say.

Spoiler
On 4/8/2017 at 7:26 AM, Nadroj said:

I remember once we went on a huge towerbash run to attack HotS and we bashed like 35 towers, as we got to the last 2 almost our entire crew hit fatigue and couldn't bash anymore >.<

LOL :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by Finnn

I can laugh at it now, but at the time we had like 20+ people who basically couldn't do anything in wurm for a day or so xD

We were maaaaaaaaaaaad

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

I was hitting fatigue on WU servers with fast action timer - and well before playing 12h in a row. It seeems there might be some bug with the unexpected short timers there?

I think I never hit the fatigue cap in WO, but surely been down to a few hours - long mining grinds and even getting mad with WS may cause it.

I can imagine shipbuilding too - it is easy to spend a lot of time standing there and just pushing Create while watching something on the other display.

I don't undestand how this works at all...

When i just started playing i remember hitting it several times, but it didn't last very long.

After a certain point, anyway, i stopped hitting it at all, and no. i didn't become sane.

I did some insane things recenly like:
- building a caravel in 24hrs, including making parts.
- crafting 80 crates in a day
- digging 10+k dirt in a few days

And basically playing 15hrs/day several days in a row doing things.

But... i never hit that again.

• Like 1

Now I'm hitting it on my alt aswell.    Fix this ###### broken system already.
This is retarded, I'm paying to play this game, let me play the way I want to.

Edited by Greyfox
  • Like 1

When I was playing more, I usually tried to mix up what I was doing.

So if I was going to do something that basically always had an action timer going (like grind mining), I'd mix in a less intensive activity like sprout gathering or smelting all the ore (oh, the days before crates).

Was a good way to avoid any fatigue issues.

1 hour ago, Hailene said:

When I was playing more, I usually tried to mix up what I was doing.

So if I was going to do something that basically always had an action timer going (like grind mining), I'd mix in a less intensive activity like sprout gathering or smelting all the ore (oh, the days before crates).

Was a good way to avoid any fatigue issues.

Which is fine for some, but not everyone plays the same way.

Edited by JakeRivers

5 hours ago, Greyfox said:

I'm paying to play this game, let me play the way I want to.

i agree.

but

just yesterday i was told that the system is working fine and i certainly do agree now.

the mere fact that there are 6 actions belonging to 3 skills which you can use to grind these skills, 3 of which use fatigue and 3 of which dont, show that its a well thought-out system and not just some random spur of the moment...

Some of my posts in this and other topics were censored/or trimmed/ by mods without any indication for that, I do not stand behind the remaining words.
I'll politely ask you to skip this post and not read it, as whatever words and thought have been spared are not what I had to say.

Spoiler

Sounds like botting to me... everyone says how they hit the wall..over and over, but not what they do.. or how unhealthy it is to do just that.. not to mention the boredom when making bricks 24/7, mining etc... 

Most of you guys have at least 2 chars and you could just switch your 'main' while one's resting. or keep the alt bulk grinding something.. on your 2-3rd-5th screen.. just the way you love it... while for a change... going with your main to fight mobs and get some useful fighting skill, butchering, pelts, inspiration coins and 90 fs title.. - nobody wants that? casuals:mellow:

the only 3 things that sponged my fatigue.. were shipbuilding(that skill could use a nerf on the amount of fatigue it uses when adding parts to a boat), weaponsmithing.. takes a ton of actions to get a few ticks(normal for it's difficulty), and mining..(####ing RnG:lol:).

Grinding coalmaking and metalurgy is probably close to needing a nerf.. as what you get for the work to get these skills is just hilarious, HILARIOUS:mellow:

Could be missing something, but for the moment... I'm almost sure .. there's nothing normal you could do with normal pace and human work.. to keep hitting the fatigue limit.. w/o realizing what you're doing wrong.

And if and of you were chasing the glory of high skills.. this only helps you keep that spot, limiting the progress that new players could get every day~.

If there's a problem here.. it's in your playstyle, not the mechanic, game only helps you in various ways...

Edited by Finnn

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

Sounds like botting to me... everyone says how they hit the wall..over and over, but not what they do.. or how unhealthy it is to do just that.. not to mention the boredom when making bricks 24/7, mining etc... 

You're welcome to watch me play if you think I'm botting.   And for the shear amount of time I afk, I should not be hitting this stupid wall.  
All I'm doing to hit is grinding efficiently, although really not sure how I hit with my alt yesterday, only had that character online for 4hrs yesterday and not at all the day before.   Clearly a broken system.

This is just a stupid restriction.   And really, if someone is going to bot, their not going to be the ones posting here and sending a message to Budda about this F'ed up stupid system.   A botter is not going to draw that attention to themselves.

As for unhealthy play time, fatigue isn't based on playtime, it's based on action time.   Just so long as you set up grind to be efficient(Food, raw mats, imping materials, water all within reach without having to move) you can easily knock the fatigue cap down.      

It's something they need to fix.   This fatigue cap has been a problem for many people over the years.  It's been complained about for many years.   What do we get instead of a fatigue fix?   We get pink hell horses.    

Fatigue system makes the game just short of being unplayable.   Any game mechanic that does that should be a priority for being fixed.  It should have been fixed years ago when people first started to complain about it.    And that right there is actually the problem with Code Club(Pre and post Rolf) they never take customer complaints seriously unless you have 3/4 of the forums complaining about the same thing.