Sign in to follow this  
Nestangol

Public Green Dragon slaying 10th November

There's been requests for public slayings of dragons. So when I found one, I wanted it public. So here we go. In middle parts of Xanadu. Plenty of travelling for everyone, but there is a dragon in the end.

fY86dwu.jpg

Loot will be public rolls for all of the fighters. (I will roll one item for myself and all the other loot will go for slayers.) Participating in killing will require 70+ fs. Preferably fighters would sign up in advance too. Blood and scale of course for everyone premium at the vicinity.

auction_timer_E1478804411.gif

Location is at M12.

9CgOxEB.jpg

So preferable way for most would be by boat through the canal at SE end of Hammer Lake. Prepare for long sailing from server border. That is a true Xanadu sailing experience :)  There's plenty of room for boats at coast and it seems alts would be within local from the water.

The other way is by horse. There is side road starting from Linton - Lormere highway (if coming from Lormere direction it is after Crater of Dawn Farms. Highway turns north and next time it turns west, there is fighting doll and now green lamps to show the side road to east. From Linton direction you'll see the doll and lamps going on when road turns south). I'm adding temporary gravel road for last part. All places you need to turn to different road from the highway onward will be marked with green lamps on both sides.) edit: corrected directions.

pUg0pmU.jpg

Going to pen some wild horses for those arriving by boat. Not sure on amounts yet. But there is often big herds of horses swimming in the lake anyway. Food etc. will be available for those who come early. No beds yet, but looking into that as well. Just depends how much time i have to actually play.

-----

Some more info to the above. While to participate in actual killing 70+ FS is the only requirement, as it can be verified by wearing the title (mercenary). To be able to actually wound the dragon, you should also have high skill in your chosen weapon, recommend at least 40+, the higher the better of course. High ql weapon (2h) at least 70ql. High ql plate armor preferred, but at least 70+ chain armor a must. 

On loot: items will be rolled randomly. I will roll one item for myself from all available loot. Rest of loot is randomly rolled among the slayers. Every person may win only one item/charge. So any item with multiple charges will only be given one charge per winner.

As it is impossible for me to guarantee the passing of item from one winner to another for their charge, I'm suggesting following: Any multiple charge item will be put up on an auction at forum and the sales amount will be divided to the winners. Two possible exception for this: 1. if someone makes an offer after the drawing of winners and can pay the amount in cash AND every one of the winners agrees to the price (one person disagreeing or unreachable (logged out/disconnected/afk forever...) means, no deal and the item goes for auction). If deal is reached, then the money will be divided for the winners of the charges right away. 2. If all the winners of a charge know and trust each other and would rather handle the item themselves than auction it: If every winner of those charges confirms separately and publicly that they agree to that and all together name the person I should give the item to, then fine with me. The item is then handed to the named recipient with full responsibility of the item. But again one winner not agreeing or not able to confirm their agreement, means no deal and item is auctioned and silvers shared to winners after that.

Making sure I have list of loot to be shared and all candidates for it may take some time, especially with all the lag included in unique slayings. So expect some delay after fight before the draw for winners can commence.

---

Finally to add. Original intention was to arrange this on weekend, but last weekend would not have given any time for people to prepare. Next weekend and couple after that, I cannot guarantee being online at a specific time. So this Thursday will have to do.

Welcome everyone, slayers and watchers.

- Nestangol

Edited by Nestangol
added details
  • Like 9

Dragon is dead thank you everyone.

Edit: about the loot, look at the bottom of the post. I will leave this here in it's entirety for archive purposes.

Here is list of loot:

rare green dragon strange bone

green dragon skull

green dragon tooth

green dragon eye

green dragon gland

corpse of green dragon

and the items Evening gave for to be shared

1ql steel shovel 84coc

rare 50ql oakenwood fruit press

88ql saddle with 82 woa

93ql Soft cap (xtmas hat)

6ql iron carver with 90coc

Snow Lantern

30ql iron hammer with 92coc

and a water skin with 2.5kg Source (2500 karma)

List of figthing group for loot roll

1. Alkhadias
2 Amory
3 Annyil
4 Bigwyrm
5 Cyborg
6 Ellan
7 Explora
8 Fatynoob
9 Fearil
10 Frox
11 Gatling
12 Gunnbjorn
13 Realhampsterman
14 Helorn
15 Hord
16 Ibex
17 Januszsram
18 Kadmint
19 Kasumi
20 Kixilex
21 Kratk
22 Lockedbob
23 Majqo
24 Merina
25 Motly
26 Nicedreams
27 Nilars
28 Ninjarubberduck
29 Noizhead
30 Sankara
31 Tamat
32 Thorgot
33 Tuga
34 Vannin
35 Vasco
36 Wiluss
37 Wulfmaer
38 Xcaliber
39 Zorako
40 Zaj

40 people 

Ok here is list of all winnings. I sincerely apologize for taking that long. I though it would be fast to roll every item by removing winners from list, so 2nd item went to 33/39 in loot roll, next for 13/38.

Turns out i could not keep the list updated. My bad. Will not make it this way again.

(To clarify, after fight my computer was so laggy, couldn't do much anything. I was only able to update forum post, as I already had it open. Couldn't open any new programs or close. So I ended up rolling the numbers in chat and checking the results with pen and paper.) Next time I guess it will be the old roll with same numbers and re-roll any that already won. Obviously will be faster and also easier for people to follow.

The other thing is, Vannin was not supposed to be on the list. I wrote it down after forum posts for people signing up. I did check everyone going in and my list. But missed the fact Vannin was Ellan's alt sitting at docks and it was left there. Totally not Ellan's fault, he did say it in local, but with all the message-madness I failed to see it.

So that leaves a question, what happens to the skull that Vannin won? Some people told me I should keep it. Well, I had excluded myself from all the rolls, so more people could get something. There hasn't been that many public slayings around and many were there in their first slaying as fighters. So I don't know, maybe I could replace myself to Vannin and keep it, maybe I will make some other public draw for it from those who didn't win anything yet from this fight. Need to rest before I decide. But I'm just putting this here, so people will not accuse Ellan/Vannin of double-dipping. He did not try that, it was my fault entirely.

But the winners are as follows (After name is the roll numbers)

rare bone for Cyborg 5/40

skull for Vannin 33/39

tooth for Real Hampsterman 13/38

eye for Nilars 25/37

gland for Explora 6/36

corpse for Fearil 7/35

Evenings gifted items

shovel for Zorako 33/34

fruit press for Merina 20/33

saddle for Fatynoob 6/32

xmas hat for Ellan 5/31

carver for Hord 9/30

snow lantern for Annyil 3/29

hammer for Tuga 22/28

water skin with source to Xcaliber 25/27

All that were still at the scene after I got loot sorted out, have been given their winnings and the rest have been mailed to you. Except the dragon skull, which still awaits my decision. 

Sorry for the mess with loot, but hope everyone enjoyed. Fight was great, huge thanks for everyone involved, especially priests. I learned a lot and next time will go much smoother.

- Nestangol

EDIT: Loot distribution went wrong. Why? What was going on? I will explain that in separate reply to this thread (should be end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd page).

So below I will post a link to google docs that show how the loot should have been. Of course I will not be wanting anything back from those who got their prices after I announced the results. I will be giving replacements for those 3 that were not given their prices at the time. (Helorn should have gotten a teeth (afaik, no other value than alchemy/healing cover), Thorgot should have gotten hammer and Wulfmaer should have gotten the waterskin with source. Feel free to pm me in forums or in game if I don't reach you first.) edit again: I have gotten contact with all three and delivered the replacements, so loot issue is satisfactorily concluded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c7E5vJWY3Y1lTmBN0-9VzVNFXllZ7u9JvRdPvc9ngDY/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Nestangol
  • Like 1

I'd be very much interested in participating on LockedBob, so consider me signed :)

I will try to attend, I haven't killed a dragon before and I have wanted to kill one for a long time! Hope I can make it :)

• Like 1

I may be able to make this. If I can find the time to travel there on Thursday (slaying is Friday morning for me), I'll join in :)

Incidentally, if people who win charges want the charges and are not sure about trusting each other but are willing to trust me to handle it and they have valuable items with them - such as drake armour etc. - I'd be happy to hold those items as collateral while they use the charge. Might not come to it, but it's a thought if I'm there and it keeps things smooth :)

Cool, thanks! Will be there, it is not super far from my place...

Thank you for all the replies so far. And Hordern, that sounds great to me. I hope you can make it around there in time. Again apology for inconvenient timing for everyone, but seems the only real possibility for quite a while.

- Nestangol

So I've reached Hermit's Hunting Lodge - is that the right place, or do I need to go further?

sign me up! I should (hopefully) be back from work :). Gonna have to buy some armor! 

Hermit's hunting lodge is the right place. And on the map it is the blue circle.

- Nestangol

Wish I could turn up but I have a seminar booked!

Good luck to everyone else who goes though.  If a black tome drops do give me a poke since I'd be interested in buying a charge....

Thanks for making it public :)

Ill be there to fight it, add me in pls.

Bringing a Fo with me if a LOF is needed :)

I'll be there as well

only the second dragon for me in 7 years of play

so a HUGE THANK YOU for making this public!

• Like 1

Nice to see a public slaying with a chance at getting loot.   I wont be there, time just doesn't work for me, but good on you for hosting it.