Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Possession

Had a nostalgic attack and played some old Dungeon Keeper II, and got to looking at the possession spell for taking control of individual minions.

Something similar in Wurm could be an enchant or personally better yet as a sorcery ability, perhaps even replacing one of the more "worthless" ones. Or an artifact ability, anything is possible.

As the name implies, possession allows you to take over the target monster like its your own character. Your character remains where you cast the ability, vulnerable to attacks and etc.

High difficulty to begin with, and it scales higher based on the target critter's combat rating.

You are limited to what that particular creature is capable of to begin with on its own.

You can remove yourself from the creature at any time, limited by the usual logout rules. EDIT: ie no leaving while in a fight.

The creature dying while you are possessing causes a backlash, which permanently removes some of your mind speed and/or logic. The exact amount could correlate to the possessed creature's Combat rating.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

Raising 1 hand.. as the other slaps it to staph that..

+1:huh:

• Like 1

Could have something to do with the Path of Insanity, as well. Maybe someone on that highest plane of that path gets possessed and wanders around into forests to a specific tile and mutters random things with no or little (obfuscated) control. Maybe they could even start building shrines or collecting resources (ingredients) for some arcane ritual that the host has no clue what is but the entity needs it for some quest that they lead them too. Could be a nifty idea.

Edited by Roushi

+0

I'd rather not see it as a sorcery spell (elites only) and artifacts are PvP exclusive.

It's got potential as a priest spell but something tells me that its not how it would be implemented.

• Like 1

Let me carve runes in my forehead to channel my inner manson.

+1

9 hours ago, Makarus said:

Let me carve runes in my forehead to channel my inner manson.

+1

Reminds me of something I did for tattoos a while back.