Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Chaos map reset

chaos map reset  

109 members have voted

1. 1. chaos map reset

What is lost by having PvP moved to the epic cluster if skills are transferrable?

If economy is not the issue, great. I'm not saying it was, I was asking if it was and it seems it isnt. The ability to have a deed on Freedom as well as epic is still there, as well as the ability to have a deed on the home servers.

I'm not talking complete and utter seperation, I'm talking the existing system except it's possible to take freedom skills to epic.

Edited by SeeD

55 minutes ago, SeeD said:

What is lost by having PvP moved to the epic cluster if skills are transferrable?

If economy is not the issue, great. I'm not saying it was, I was asking if it was and it seems it isnt. The ability to have a deed on Freedom as well as epic is still there, as well as the ability to have a deed on the home servers.

I'm not talking complete and utter seperation, I'm talking the existing system except it's possible to take freedom skills to epic.

Tell me who will actually make that jump to a failed cluster. Cause I can tell you without major changes no one in my kingdom will line up for that jump nor will I. Epic was doomed for failure the moment it split the PvP population.

6 minutes ago, Rasu said:

Tell me who will actually make that jump to a failed cluster. Cause I can tell you without major changes no one in my kingdom will line up for that jump nor will I. Epic was doomed for failure the moment it split the PvP population.

why is it a failed cluster? if chaos was shut down and epic became the ONLY pvp servers,  what would need improving?

Making epic the only PvP server makes sense, and if you were able to freely transfer skills to epic, what would hold you back?

36 minutes ago, SeeD said:

why is it a failed cluster? if chaos was shut down and epic became the ONLY pvp servers,  what would need improving?

Making epic the only PvP server makes sense, and if you were able to freely transfer skills to epic, what would hold you back?

because with the way the game is going, why would anyone put themselves in a position to be stuck on a separate cluster that has consistently received lackluster support?

they are basically shooting themselves in the foot, whereas if they stay attached they always have an alternate way of playing the game (pve)

13 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

because with the way the game is going, why would anyone put themselves in a position to be stuck on a separate cluster that has consistently received lackluster support?

they are basically shooting themselves in the foot, whereas if they stay attached they always have an alternate way of playing the game (pve)

So it's the non transfer of skills?

What if the curve/2x skillgain was removed from Epic?

or make Home servers pvp hybrids, say, hypothetically; Serenity = PvE, Desertion = PvP no raiding, Afflection = full PvP (same as elevation).

Would mean more people having more choice over the style of PvP they want, a fallback to more PvE style play, but also meaning more reason to play on those servers.

(Or make them all pve/opt in pvp)

Edited by SeeD

7 minutes ago, SeeD said:

So it's the non transfer of skills?

What if the curve/2x skillgain was removed from Epic?

that has nothing to do to change my mind, the skillgain there has nothing to do with it, whether it was vanilla or 100x.

like i said, id be shooting myself in the foot because it would cut me off from the other side of the game. If PvP continues to receive little support, while i likely wouldnt be as interested in the game overall, i still love the sandbox mechanics and i would likely continue to play on a PvE server because at a point where the population isn't sufficient for fun and engaging fights, PvP becomes a nuisance (at least to me, but, i've played this game for a long time.)

holy hell your mindset is toxic

everyone is playing the same game why when you have two options of viable outcomes even think of the one that limits them to half the game, when wurm could be one 'complete' server it's just mind numbing you don;'t get it

Like it or not Epic exists, it's separate, and it is staying that way. The devs have repeatedly said so.

Epic offers several advantages over chaos, and if people want to wipe chaos, why not use the opportunity to consolidate the PvP base rather than create a third server at the expense of closing down the other two?

Keeping epic/freedom separate has numerous benefits, gives PvP proper flavor (provided valrei is fixed i guess) allows for distinction within the code base, and also, eliminates the items transferring across and doesnt place such a heavy hand on RMT.

RMT and full loot PvP is insane to run together, but that's wurm. Things lost on a PvP server shouldn't be shipped to freedom and flogged off, it encourages negativity and doesn't give the other team a chance to get stuff back, if it's full loot there should be circulation like their is on epic.

1 hour ago, SeeD said:

RMT and full loot PvP is insane to run together, but that's wurm. Things lost on a PvP server shouldn't be shipped to freedom and flogged off, it encourages negativity and doesn't give the other team a chance to get stuff back, if it's full loot there should be circulation like their is on epic.

How is RMT bad? You and others keep bringing this up but I fail to see anthing negative about it.

And what are you on about circulation on epic? 99% of the ###### that you loot is thrown into a safemine or somewhere and will likely not be seen by an enemy again for a long time unless the deed get raided.
If anything, chaos has a lot more circulation due to a ton of things being available to be bought from the pve side of the game and such.

• Like 2

Im liking those suggestions about limiting acces from chaos to freedom.

On 11/11/2016 at 6:51 AM, Rathgar said:

Im liking those suggestions about limiting acces from chaos to freedom.

I don't. Yes it can be frustrating, but i would rather they stay attached, giving me an option for that style of gameplay, than being locked away forever on a server where i have fewer options.

• Like 1

Happy thanksgiving!

If a new map were to be made in all honesty I don't think they can or will make it half as good as chaos so rather then a new map how about speed up off deed building decay by ALOT turning full villages into ruins within a months time if they are not deeded. This would clear up so many areas and would be ready areas for new players and groups to deed.

Something needs to be done about guard tower placement also. I don't think the old chaining system would work perfectly but there needs to be something like extreme speed up decay for areas not traveled by the controlling kingdom. Even that suggestion is pretty shatty but I'm trying to make people think outside the box for a good fix /change that would help remove all this its my area but I never even travel through it mentality make territory further away from a capital harder to maintain. Add in that deeds become weaker also the further away from a capital in terms of siege defense. 

Please add in some code for freedomers they were affected by the heal/ lof changes as well as many others. No group is dumb enough to play as freedom on chaos anymore because there is such a disadvantage no king titles no champions, add in some code making their heals and lof a bit more potent this way all freedom benefits and they say thank you chaos players For the wonderful suggestion we love you. 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX DAMAGE REDUCTION NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!  Honestly the longer you wait the more people you will lose and fact is many people find other games to play and it almost becomes impossible to pull them back. Give ALL med paths some DR it doesn't and in my opinion need to be 30%, 20% is what in would set as a max leaving insanity still the true tank class. Tweak other paths. And keep active with the tweaking let us pvpers deal with the ramifications if the tweaks are not good but at least let us give it a live test, a tweak (is a slight increase or decrease and should not in definition cause any harm) will not be game breaking and many players might come back if they see the dev team actively making changes.

Merge Epic and Chaos, make a new map.

Wurm pvp will survive.

• Like 4