Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Chaos map reset

chaos map reset  

109 members have voted

1. 1. chaos map reset

A new map would be nice. Not so sure about the epic merge though, they would have to be heavily nerfed due to ease of skill gain and access to tomes and other items for it to be even remotely considered acceptable by many people. Keeping chaos as a pve server would be a good option if a new map came into to play but it would have to be no build otherwise freedom players would have the place destroyed pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

i feel fortifications should be reworked. maybe drop *crate only a wagon can load and only hold one max speed of 10km/h ya get it back to deed ya can turn it into  bricks/mortar or hide/scale   moon metal. if crate is left off deed for more then 24hours they poof. that force people to do armored convo runs getting people out of deed.. set max size of capital  to 101x101 make none capitals take 2x catapult damage

at same time buff capitals +2cr when on deed aka on the grounds of capitals.

A map reset will do nothing without many other issues yet to be balanced or resolved. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, icbash said:

i feel fortifications should be reworked. maybe drop *crate only a wagon can load and only hold one max speed of 10km/h ya get it back to deed ya can turn it into  bricks/mortar or hide/scale   moon metal. if crate is left off deed for more then 24hours they poof. that force people to do armored convo runs getting people out of deed.. set max size of capital  to 101x101 make none capitals take 2x catapult damage

at same time buff capitals +2cr when on deed aka on the grounds of capitals.

While i utterely disagree with most of what you said, I don't see any harm in giving a cr boost while at the capital. (players got a natural unbuffed 24cr at 100fs, so 2cr would be less than 10%)

It's the "last stronghold" afterall.

• Like 5

Even if we get new pvp server... Rolf will come out... "your map reset will be in by christmas"... 5 years later. finally get a reset when no one expects it to happen. 

I voted no only for the sake of the exact words "chaos reset". New map i have no issue with but for magranon's sake don't kill the last beautiful original map. There's too much history.

• Like 9

This one is pretty simple.  Too bad it will never happen. 

1. Fix the exploits. We all know what they are.

2. Make Chaos a Museum.  Open to all, but, no building, no terraforming and no bashing. If that's too much to ask, give us a port for WU, and we will be the
caretakers of the museum ourselves. 

3.  New map, same size, finished with a paintbrush by someone who cares about the game.  Wild/Chaos is the last map that Notch touched with his own brush, and it shows. The flat-top mountains on Freedom are sort of the opposite of what I'm talking about here.

4.  The Four Kings of Chaos all receive a PMK form and a favorable spawn deed.

Time is running out on fixing Chaos.  I still have over 100 people who give a ###### about the Fire and Sand, who are just waiting for someone to make this game enjoyable again.  I honestly think a fresh start for both groups would re-energize the playerbase and bring everyone back.  We have a real opportunity to have a highly populated, fresh, novel pvp game. 

This is a rare opportunity for the devs. I've never seen all kingdoms in such close agreement.

I won't hold my breath tho.

• Like 16

SO ingame poll for those currently on Chaos or in a kingdom on Chaos? I just  think the current devs dont' have the guts to push ahead with ideas like this. what do we need 100% agreement? DEVS please look at Robus' ideas because if you wait much longer nothing will revive pvp in this game.

• Like 1

Expanding on the idea about turning the current Chaos map into a hunting server of sorts, you could spin it in the lore as the scenario that we players carried out caused some huge portal to open, bringing in a horde of horrific monsters and all sorts of malevolent stuff to Chaos. All kingdoms in Chaos then decided the only option was to flee through the portal the monsters came through, leading them to the new PvP server. Chaos on the other hand is deserted and 'frozen' in time by the gods in hopes to save it from being destroyed by the nasty stuff that came through the portal. The monsters aren't frozen, just the land, making it an excellent PvE server where it really is just player versus the harsh environment. Could also maybe increase mob strength on Chaos by just a tad to keep in with the idea and make it a real adventure type server, where people can make trips in groups to go explore the lands of the old wars fought on Chaos over the years, while fighting their way through the tougher monsters. This would also open the door to some new monsters to be added, exclusive to Chaos as part of the lore of the portal bringing all kinds of horrible through.

As for the new map, I think the current playerbase of Chaos should have a say in how the map is designed. I know this seems pretty demanding, but as others have said, the Chaos map, originally wild, is a damn nice map. They don't make them like that anymore. :P And this reset would all be for nothing if the new map turned out to be a really bad one due to being randomly generated. Ofcourse it'd be nice to have an element of surprise in what we find when we first enter the map, but there needs to be some degree of participation in creating it.

• Like 2

I would glady host a WU museum for Chaos if you couldn't justify keeping it hosted on WO servers.

Just please don't delete that beautiful map.

Otherwise, go for it. Make a new map, make it beautiful... make it hardcore, give everyone a fresh map to carve new history in to.

I think this would greatly revitalize the pvp on the freedom cluster, but only if the problems were addressed within 2 to 3 months of the reset. It is a stopgap measure, not a full solution.

Madt made good suggestion.

Freedom does need a good, adventure map.

Make tents placeable and temporary items only. No terraform. No deed. I can taste the blood already. Lets doooothissss.

Edited by Makarus
Madt.

I genuinely enjoy the Chaos map, one of the best ever made. Would not want to see it removed in anyway, even Robus' idea of Chaos museum is more appealing to me.

• Like 1

yes to a reset if

1. the replacement server had a decent map.

2. before it is opened, KvKvK is looked at seriously and effort put into making it more fun, not so much grind.

3. Make everything as smooth and clean as possible, dig out every issue and fix the root cause in each.

4, Once all the ground rules are in place and everyone knows and agrees them then LEAVE THEM ALONE. no changing the foundations on which PvP is based.

• Like 3

79.1% for yes. Usually threads like these with a poll stay around the 70% mark. 

Theres a good chance that if changes were made that a large portion of people will be happy with it. Just saying...

Oh, Just imagine if there was a previous suggestion to make a pure hunting server without the ability to modify the terrain... @XalloWhich had been massively popular...

• Like 1

Forum polls are notoriously bad, especially in the devs' reckoning, so don't get your hopes up.

Its why they added ingame polls... granted even majority votes there ended up disappointing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Forum polls are notoriously bad, especially in the devs' reckoning, so don't get your hopes up.

Its why they added ingame polls... granted even majority votes there ended up disappointing.

Also, though incredible as this may sound, the majority vote may not always turn out to have been a good idea. *cough* elevation reset *cough*

• Like 2

well despite the many reset or new map for chaos threads as far as I'm aware, there has never been an in-game poll of current kingdom members to see what they think. As per my previous post I think its time for one.....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Redd said:

Needs to happen along with a epic merge.

Only way to give wurm PvP new life and actual growth for once.

58893702.jpg

Id settle for a new PvP server. Not a map reset

Edited by Dyson

54 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

well despite the many reset or new map for chaos threads as far as I'm aware, there has never been an in-game poll of current kingdom members to see what they think. As per my previous post I think its time for one.....

Only seen one thread for a Chaos map reset... :huh:

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Also, though incredible as this may sound, the majority vote may not always turn out to have been a good idea. *cough* elevation reset *cough*

elevation reset failed due to people not seeing the flaws due to hype etc

just have the new chaos map be run on challenge for a bit so people can see if it will be a map that they can enjoy for years

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

14 hours ago, Darklords said:

For the 1 existing and future "Well if the epic reset failed why do this" you obviously where not there for the reset.

For months and months after the release we had more players on 1 pvp server than wurm has seen in years.

We than had months and months(~10 months) of absolutely no developer response/work/anything period to the waves of feedback coming from all these new users and old users who wanted things like a sotg nerf so these newer players where not considered second rate pvp citizens(which they still pretty much are the change didn't fix anything just made it a little less worse). 

Changes did come, when we where back down to 25 people on the epic cluster(and even then single line comment fixes that where talked about by staff took a month to implement and only got implemented after people posted on every news post for a month complaining about how easy it is and how you still have not done it even thought you said you planned to) to little to later to keep the absolutely massive wave of returning and new players you basically told to freak off after the reset.

So yes the epic reset failed, but if I had to put my finger on the root cause it defiantly had something(probably not if you ask them tho who needs balance updates when your pvp server gets popular again right? lol) to do with ignoring your paying customers for 10+ months after you managed to attract some back and some new players. Only to show them your true colors once again by ignoring the issues, and taking bloody ages to implement any fixes to them.

In case you missed it the first time I explained it at the start of the thread, reset brought hundreds of people back the developers drove them away again.