Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Forest Giant - Today (location updated)

Forest Giant has been tucked away and will be slayed on this coming Tuesday, time most likely be around 6pm CST~, loot is private and when I have time I will figure out a timer for the event and will announce the meet up early on Tuesday so people who want to come will have time to get over.

auction_timer_E1478649577.gif

(subject to change)

6qvBitW.jpg?1

I added a safe house for any who want to come out and not have to worry about the hell hounds and scorpions in the area and trolls, seems like a never ending supply of them here.

aD51E5A.jpg?1

So meet up 30 minutes before at Squirlnutz deed, Black Brigade, located at K10 ingame or

0GkhhdL.jpg

Location is the deed named Arbor Vitae, roughly 2 locals due East of Black Brigade

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 7

I will be unable to be on at that time but thank you very much for letting everyone know about the event.

• Like 2

Dang, I'm out. There's a Rift just an hour or somewhere around before. I won't be able to do both on time, my playtime is kinda limited :( wish you luck guys!

Good turnout. 80ish in local. Cooling fans are running.

Untitled.png

I hope you are having a good laugh luring peeps and locking them out from the fight. Think could hurt you bad to write it is private FIGHT not LOOT in the OP.

Thanks for killing off our time (yes not all are coming for a blood).

Still wonder why not many new recruits on Chaos?

• Like 7

On 11/7/2016 at 0:05 AM, JakeRivers said:

Forest Giant has been tucked away and will be slayed on this coming Tuesday, time most likely be around 6pm CST~, loot is private and when I have time I will figure out a timer for the event and will announce the meet up early on Tuesday so people who want to come will have time to get over.

auction_timer_E1478649577.gif

(subject to change)

6qvBitW.jpg?1

I added a safe house for any who want to come out and not have to worry about the hell hounds and scorpions in the area and trolls, seems like a never ending supply of them here.

aD51E5A.jpg?1

So meet up 30 minutes before at Squirlnutz deed, Black Brigade, located at K10 ingame or

0GkhhdL.jpg

Location is the deed named Arbor Vitae, roughly 2 locals due East of Black Brigade

reading comprehension yo

Edited by TradingAlt
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I hope you are having a good laugh luring peeps and locking them out from the fight. Think could hurt you bad to write it is private FIGHT not LOOT in the OP.

Hmmm, man?

• Like 1

Ah well you could have pm'ed someone if you were interested in getting the title I'm sure something could have been worked out.

I'm confused how anyone didn't get that it was private loot O.o I mean a resident of Pristine found and penned it and invited MR to come slay it. We as a group said "sure ofc we'll come over but why not make a public post, no reason to not to let everyone get blood". This is somehow a bad thing?

some of us are actually more interested in the kill than the loot/blood so doing the trip just to sit in front of a gate is a waste of our time

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Was hilarious watching you cry about it, I did state it is a private kill. If you wanted in the kill you could of used 'archery' from behind the fence.

Sorry deed mechanics can not be trusted 100% and my only choice is to keep people I do not know out of a fight like this.

Jake is right. 

I hosted a forest giant once on Xanadu.  When it died (on my deed) everyone had rights to pick up any tome or item that drops when the corpse hits the ground.  Some guy I didn't know grabbed up the tome and if he wasn't an honest player, could have easily kept it (and all three charges) to himself.

As a result, for a private loot fight, there is no way to control the theft of unique drops unless the fighting pen is restricted only to designated fighters.  This was confirmed by a GM to be legitimate and not considered theft.

• Like 2

Goddamn i didn't even know that. Well i feel better now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cerber said:

some of us are actually more interested in the kill than the loot/blood so doing the trip just to sit in front of a gate is a waste of our time

The old "those free biscuits you gave me are too dry" post.

Grow up.

Says private, I'd be thankful an invitation to get blood was given, can't blame OP for having to take messures to ensure loot remains safe because mechanics fail.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

I do not expect to be included in the fight part of a private fight, but at least the opportunity was given for blood. (which is actually good blood)

Should be happy to have been told it was going on for chance at blood.

• Like 1

It must of been close to 150 in local, which makes for a tough time keeping wurm up and running, but seemed like quite a few people had fun doing spars and poking fun at jukimo for sleeping in while we waited for him to meander through pristine.

• Like 1

I'm torn on this fight; I was not even aware what had happened until I read this post after the fight.  Each person that goes through the trouble to find and trap a unique does have control over how the fight is run, whether it is public or private; this has been supported by the GM's in the past I think.  It is not how I personally would have run it, and while I understand the concern over somebody picking up the corpse after that shouldn't I may have taken that risk had I been the holder.  Should haves, could haves, and would haves don't change the past.  I'm glad to hear that many showed up and as far as I know many had fun, and even if they weren't able to join in on the fight they were able to get a blood by being present.  And as far as I've heard at least nobody lost horse gear in the process.  Thank you Jake for making the time and location public. :)