Sign in to follow this  
Roushi

A few tile ideas (Garden ponds, trap doors, etc)

Wurm players have always wanted a way to turn a non-water tile into a water tile and I have a few ideas that might make heading down that path a bit easier:

Idea 1: Create koi (fish) garden pond items (basically a water basin) that you install into a tile like floorboards. This could consume one tile as a single small pond or you could create multiple items that would create a bigger pond that would take more tiles (think of a pie cut into four equal pieces (+) that make up a larger item) and it could even be filled with water like a fountain or placed like a well to fill on its own. This could provide water in deserts/steppe/tundra and on top of mountains, where you currently have no access to water if you are above water level, making it more difficult in these fantastic places. Imagine an Oasis in the middle of a desert/steppe or a hotspring resort on top of a mountain, or even a fish farm far inland! It would certainly help fishers hold their catch.

I also had some other idea's:

A multi-story stair or floor that is a trap door (so think in pvp if you you pass/bash through a gate or into a building, go up some stairs and step on a trap door and get trapped in a makeshift jail below).

And another idea that could add some more capacity to multi-story buildings is theorizing that you could somehow add additional coded containers per height level for each floor which would allow you to treat each floor level as its own tile with its own tile contents, instead of just a single tile with multiple floors. This would allow you to do things like add trees on top of buildings, or other tile enhancements that are currently restricted to single tile. I don't know if this is possible but I thought that it would be worth looking into, if the devs already hadn't.

Thanks for taking my suggestions into consideration, I'm sure they would improve the game and help players accomplish more in the game as well as more personal enjoyment.

Edited by Roushi

You can have a well or fountain on top of a mountain.. on a water-source tile, but... that's often inconvenient as they're kind of randomly situated and usually not where you'd like them to be:lol:; I'd vote with TWO hands and 2 legs if allowed... for a way to turn normal tiles to water-sources, that could be a game-changer QoL

+1

about the trap stuff.. /pass, just not interested

On 11/7/2016 at 4:19 AM, Finnn said:

You can have a well or fountain on top of a mountain.. on a water-source tile, but... that's often inconvenient as they're kind of randomly situated and usually not where you'd like them to be:lol:; I'd vote with TWO hands and 2 legs if allowed... for a way to turn normal tiles to water-sources, that could be a game-changer QoL

+1

about the trap stuff.. /pass, just not interested

I understand, the trapdoor request is really just a personal aesthetics request. In one of my gatehouses, I have it setup so people have to pass into the building and through a locked gate but in one instance they go up stairs and pass over what could be called a jail and a trap door would work perfectly in that spot. It isn't even a PVP server, I am just making buildings that I would like to look like they are completely functional guard houses that could actually trap those who shouldn't enter or those who attack. I figured that it could be of actual use to real PVPers, though.

Yeah, the main reason I couldn't make my deed on Xanadu was because, as a player hermit, I cannot live ontop of mountains in Wurm Online without hauling water which, with how I use to climb mountains, was completely impractical. Water tile is something that really needs to be developed and I was informed that it is suppose to be in the future woodworks and was always considered but I figure it was being seen as more complex than it should be. This idea could make getting into that area a little easier for the developers and I hope they consider it and attempt.

Here are some screens of my setup for the tile that would be perfect for a trap door (if only we also had basic scripting abilities for WU, we could really make some cool things! I imagine the trap door could work like a normal door, just use the ladder tile without the ladder and give the bitflag option of how it opens (w/ key, on entry, off, etc).

YMSHexa.jpg

0ezhuX9.jpg

I am still waiting for rivers.

Dam the lowlands, Magranon shall rule the heights!

Getting carried away here, let me bless a damn well and make a water tile already.

Simple fix yupyup. Could be all kinds of cool and complex things done with the concept and I am all for that as well.