Sign in to follow this  
Hammer

Looking for settlement partners[update 10/12]

We've recently moved to a new place deep in the forests of E15. I'm looking for a fellow adventurer (new or old) who is looking for a fresh start somewhere. I live in the GMT+9 Time Zone(Korea) and I play most evenings. We don't have to always play at the same time--I just want someone interested in building and inhabiting a new place deep in the woods with me.

How hilarious would this be as an intro on a dating site?B)

I have a pretty busy work week but I can still log on a few hours a day, and on weekends. 

Anyway, if you are interested at all I will happily accept any skill set. I just want to make sure you enjoy Wurm enough to stick around for a while and not disappear after a few days. I already have some materials, a ship for moving, and a decent skill set. Send me a pm here, leave a comment, or send Yekrut a message in game if you're interested. I'm on Xanadu.

[update Jan 2017]

3 guys moved with me, but 2 are MIA. So it's me and him, and things are great, but 1 or 2 others would also be nice. We have 3 bee hives, marble, silver, tons of apple trees, and a building plan that's rather ambitious, but unique. We plan on making a big hidden farm and other facilities soon. If you are interested in joining or learning more, send me a pm here on the forum. Thanks.

[update Sep 2017]

Just me living here again. The other guys stopped logging on. I'm living in GMT-4 in USA now. A lot of things have been built but there is still more I need some help with. 
I don't have coin to offer for help, so that's why I offer co-ownership. The living spaces are equal among me and whoever joins. Hoping to find 1-3 people to work together in a vision.
I have a very unique design in mind for this settlement. Some people have asked for photos of what I want to do. I have built it in deedplanner but if I post them I'm concerned someone else will build it before I can. So I can only say that the design is unique and not something I have ever seen before in Wurm. I also want to keep the terrain looking as natural as possible. You can raise any skill you want here, just check with me in advance and I'll tell you where is cool to do it. There's a huge farm that needs help with--opportunity for farming skill gain and half the crops I harvest at 80ql+. 
I like to share things we work on together, so you help with the farming you get half the harvest at 80ql+. There is a big mine with a neat layout, where I'm currently living until the houses are made, and it's on deed so your stuff would be safe. We have about every ore vein  there except slate so far. I'm sure I'll dig one out eventually. 
I'm between work contracts right now so I can play more than I did before. 

If you're the first person to join up I'll give you a 3-speed unicorn to love. If you decide to leave some day you can certainly take it with you. Thanks for reading.

[update Oct 2017]

3 people joined up last month. Things have been going pretty well. One guy decided to leave and make his own settlement, so there was room for one more. Another guy is interested, so when I know his decision I will update the topic again. The bridges are basically completed for the settlement. Now it's time to start the houses.

Edited by Hammer
info update
  • Like 2

If you don't find anyone or change your mind and decide to join a growing, hard working community where you can contribute and feel appreciated seek out Aranea in L22, plenty of space and things to do ;)

Sounds like a good idea, and spoke to the guy seems to have some good plans.

If wasn't for my current deed would have joined you, all the best & hope your project goes well.

• Like 1

Have one guy ready to join up for this venture. He's brand new to the game, so looking for 1-2 others who are ready to join us--even if you are also brand new. It's gonna be fun :D

• Like 1

If you would be interested, I have a deed that is very remote.  It is located about 2 map squares north of Vrock on that kind of double mountain visible on the map.

The deed currently has one large building and is fenced with a series of guard towers lending some protection to the area to the south to Vrock.

I also have a long... very long mine tunnel that connects to the lake north of there for more protected access.  The area is rich with mobs for fighting.  Tar is not far away, clay is at the end of the access tunnel.  I don't have plans to do much with it other use it as a hunting lodge... you would be welcome to do pretty much anything you like as long as I have access to it for hunting trips. I have one char there as a deed holder.  There are a few low level supplies stashed there and a couple forges, etc.  Iron, lead, and silver are close by with tin, zinc, and gold further out.

Let me know if this is of interest and we can discuss details :)

Oh, I am at GMT-7 so I won't likely be on much when you are so I won't be there to micromanage!  hehehe

Edited by Kyleshandra
Added timezone

Still looking for a couple more people. I changed time zones (GMT-4) and can play more than before. Message me here or in game. My character is Yekrut.

• Like 1

character shows through time...and this person has shown to be very helpful going the distance to make others wurm experience better.   They have good humor, play often, and overall good fellow...I'd give a double bump here for a try..most of us who have played a while oh our start, our joys and learning of wurm beginnings to a mayor /village that took us in when we started and shown us the ropes.   I highly recommend going this route and encourage you to give this person pm and join up for a rewarding experience.

• Like 1

I appreciate the kind words.

My settlement now has 3 citizens and myself, so we are no longer looking for additional players. However, if there are any vacancies I will update this thread again. 

They all seem happy, and things are working out well. 

Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, Hammer said:

I just want someone interested in building and inhabiting a new place deep in the woods with me.

How hilarious would this be as an intro on a dating site?B)

*laughs*

Yep, that's what I thought too. You do seem lonely there so I am glad to read your most recent post that you have found some new friendly citizens. Good for you as well for sticking with your place and not being lured away by others offers to join theirs. Others will come and go but you remain. That is an accomplishment of determination with the added bonus of enjoying your own deed and seeing it develop over time. Soon too you will have been there for a year. May you have many more days of enjoyment to come.

These woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

~~Robert Frost~~

Happy Trails

=Ayes=